Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Paternoster - 22nd Feb 2012 7:33pm
Does anyone know if there were any Paternosters in any of the factories/offices in Birkenhead? I remember riding on one in J.Bibby & Sons (Animal Feeds) in King Edward St., L'pool in the 1970's

The H&S lot would have throw a mega-wobbler if you suggested installing one now.

For those of you who are thinking "What the....??". Here's a link to a modern one in Leicester Uni.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSnNzGJDdg

Enjoy!
Posted By: vespa100 Re: Paternoster - 22nd Feb 2012 9:57pm
I work with a couple of fella's who worked for Bibby's and they told me about this, it sounds very dangerous.
Posted By: philmch Re: Paternoster - 22nd Feb 2012 10:19pm
Only place I've ever experienced one was in the arts tower at Sheffield University in the mid 80s.
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Paternoster - 22nd Feb 2012 10:38pm
There's one in one of the B.N.F.L. office blocks at Risley -well it was there 20 years ago.

Bob.
Posted By: jenscho Re: Paternoster - 22nd Feb 2012 11:02pm
They are still widely used in Eastern Europe! Don't know about round here tho
Posted By: billy_anorak59 Re: Paternoster - 23rd Feb 2012 8:51am
There's one in one of the B.N.F.L. office blocks at Risley -well it was there 20 years ago.

There were actually three at the B.N.F.L. office blocks at Risley - two in 'E' Block, and one in 'A' Block. Like Bob, I don't know if they're still there - we're talking 20yrs+ ago.
Great fun - especially 'going over the top'. Never heard of anyone being hurt on one either.
Posted By: Rhoobarb Re: Paternoster - 28th Feb 2012 9:33am
They used to have one in the M&S in Liverpool.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral