Forums
Posted By: Wench It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 9:16am
One of two days in the Premiership calendar that splits families across the region! Yes folks - Derby Day!!

Had I known my boss had 8 spare tickets before he gave the last 2 away, I'd have thrown myself at his feet raftl Never mind - there's always the pub!!!!

My prediction is 2-1 to Everton!! pray

Either way - have a good day football fans thumbsup

Posted By: chiccy Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 9:22am
yeh i have a good feeling for everton today too.. fingers crossed
Gonna be a good day for the reds, especially when Keane finally breaks his duck.... bananadance
i got 90/1 on 3-1 liverpool gerrard first goal!
Posted By: Shambo Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 10:26am
I have no idea which way this ones going to go. Liverpool haven't been able to score recently, and Everton haven't been able to defend.

Hope it's as eventfull as last year!

C'mon LIVERPOOL! yipee
Posted By: MissGuided Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 10:48am
I hope neither score and instead both teams are abducted by aliens.
Posted By: spinking Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 10:52am
Yeah off the pub now Liverpool 2-0 keane to score along with gerrards 100th for the club

The wife is a blue so we always go for breakfast together on derby day then get drunk in the pub raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 10:57am
COME ON LIVERPOOL[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]good luck guys[Linked Image]
Posted By: mike849 Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 1:35pm
we were well beaten. just listened to it on 5 live cant believe everton played that bad thumbsdown
Well that was a good game, anyone know why Everton didnt turn up raftl raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 1:50pm
Neither team deserved to win but we played absolute shite!! If I'd have bought a ticket for that match I'd have walked at half time - and I've been a blue for nearly 40 yrs!!!

I don't know what Moyes needs to do but he better do it quick!!

If it was me - no win, no pay! That'd be incentive for them! Give them a shitty basic wage and make them earn their Trafford Centre Spends.

And as much as it pains me to say it - I'm glad you're top of the league for now. Rather it was you than the Mancs!!
Posted By: spinking Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 2:24pm
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Get in there.

I was right about the score line wrong about the scorers but who cares.

Ref was crap strange red card and wouldnt let the came flow but 2-0 who cares come on the red men.
Posted By: Shambo Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 2:40pm
yipee yipee yipee yipee yipee
i like the 'better you than mancs' bit and i would be the same for everton, today was no fluke but they may get their act together when they come to anfield so dont laugh yet people
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 7:01pm
I guess there always is the return leg
All a load of stuff and nonsense - a dreadful waste of money - think of the millions they gives to those idiots that run around for 90 minutes and how we could feed the hungry and shelter the homeless.

Some people moaned about a big mechanical (one-off) spider - so I'm going to moan about the continual evil p*ssing of money down the drain year upon year that is the thing we call football.

Its like the national lottery too - I was in ASDA the other day and watched countless idiots line up to waste their money - not just a pound here or there but 20 pound notes - not for a syndicate - just for themselves - its devilry on a grand scale. Buy a lottery ticket and get SLAVE tattooed on your forehead - or why not get a barcode there instead - would make purchasing the ticket a hell of a lot quicker!!!

OK I'm ready for the stocks...
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 7:14pm
OOOOhhhhhhh MissGuided whippy

I think the only difference is that tax payers money doesn't pay the footballers' wages or finance the clubs (unless you count the television rights in that, although very few seem to be shown on terrestrial tv these days). I do agree with you on the wages though - they are preposterous.

As for the lottery - I don't do it. I'd rather put the £1 in a jar every week as I "win" more in the long run.

I know where there's a good set of stocks - I've been in them raftl Anyone got any old tomatoes raftl raftl
OK - so the spider was not a good example - I was seeing red (and blue) at the time lol raftl So before anyone else wants to repeat what PJ just said OK I get it so please don't say it again

As I say I could do with some stocks to get a bit of self-control - though its hard to throw tomatoes at one's self... cry
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 7:38pm
raftl

No need to explain hon - we all have opinions, we don't always agree but as adults (well, some of us raftl ) we should respect each others' rights to have said opinions.

I did say Derby Day splits people - not just in team choice raftl
TBH if I hadn't checked in here today Derby day would have totally passed me by.
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 7:50pm
That would make it my fault then raftl Although I'm sure one of the reds would have posted something about it raftl raftl
liverpool are great. wa-hay
didn't Everton exist before them (14 years before?)
don't Liverpool play in Everton's old ground?
wasn't Everton a founding member of the Football League in 1888?

just asking...
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 8:17pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided

just asking...

YES, YES, and errrrrrrrrrrrrrr YES!!!
hmm thought so

maybe I will become a blue after all - the husband is and he isn't even from round here...
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 27th Sep 2008 8:43pm
YAY bananadance Welcome to the world of perpetual pi$$ taking raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:17pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay

just asking...

YES, YES, and errrrrrrrrrrrrrr YES!!!

[Linked Image]living in the past grin
Posted By: Shambo Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:24pm
hmm thought so

maybe I will become a blue after all - the husband is and he isn't even from round here...

and there was me thinking Everton was a local club for local people...

the 'peoples' team...(bitter people)
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:43pm
There are more Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea fans outside of their "catchment area" than any other teams in the League probably raftl
Posted By: mike849 Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:45pm
i can back that as im based near boston and there are more liverpool and man utd fans here than boston fans!! glory hunters!! hahaha
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:47pm
All my mates in Cambridge were either Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea fans - Cambridge has 2 teams (not that good but hey)
Posted By: mike849 Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:49pm
the worst thing is that all the liverpool fans who arent from liverpool and have never seen a game are the ones giving the abuse!!
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:50pm
raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:51pm
I celabrated in style (by jumpin on my mate on the bog lol)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mike849 Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 8:52pm
raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 9:09pm
I'm scarred for life now after that image raftl

Posted By: Shambo Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 9:37pm
hahaha

Attached picture abscqa.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 29th Sep 2008 11:09pm
Now that's better lol. I'd love to do that! One day, one day.
Posted By: spinking Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 30th Sep 2008 7:08am

just asking...

Which makes it even worse for Everton to swollow raftl
I don't care either way - I don't support either of them lol

Jump on a mate in the bog? (by bog did he mean a toilet or a large damp, muddy marsh?)

or go fishing in a Loch?

I'd definitely like to do the second!
Football....bolderdash!!!!

(before i get linched....i just liked the sound of the word bolderdash...apologies if its spelled wrong tease )
Posted By: Wench Re: It's Derby day folks - for those who care!! - 30th Sep 2008 5:11pm

Jump on a mate in the bog? (by bog did he mean a toilet or a large damp, muddy marsh?)

or go fishing in a Loch?

I'd definitely like to do the second!

The fishing in the Loch - done the toilet thang raftl
TMI!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral