Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 N Gauge model railway - 30th Oct 2014 5:26pm
I have decided to divest myself of some of my hobbies as I have far too many. My model railway on Beaconsfield Station has occupied many happy hours but must now go to a new enthusiastic owner (not a dealer!).
The main board is about 6feet by three feet and encompasses the main station and surrounds. The rest of the layout is on separate boards and have an extensive layout with many points to form an oval with a total dimension of about seven feet by 10 feet.
There are lots of locos all DCC, coaches and trucks. Also lots of vehicles and buildings, points motors, and lighting to the main board. "everything must go". I shall help with splitting the boards up and boxing the rolling stock as necessary.
Please PM me to come and look.
I am open to reasonable offers.
Posted By: Finney Re: N Gauge model railway - 30th Oct 2014 5:35pm
Originally Posted by Martin1943
I have decided to divest myself of some of my hobbies as I have far too many. My model railway on Beaconsfield Station has occupied many happy hours but must now go to a new enthusiastic owner (not a dealer!).
The main board is about 6feet by three feet and encompasses the main station and surrounds. The rest of the layout is on separate boards and have an extensive layout with many points to form an oval with a total dimension of about seven feet by 10 feet.
There are lots of locos all DCC, coaches and trucks. Also lots of vehicles and buildings, points motors, and lighting to the main board. "everything must go". I shall help with splitting the boards up and boxing the rolling stock as necessary.
Please PM me to come and look.
I am open to reasonable offers.

You will have to put a price on this or the powers that be will shout and quote the rule book, you could always put reasonable offers over £??(whatever you think its worth)
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: N Gauge model railway - 30th Oct 2014 6:16pm
any pics?
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: N Gauge model railway - 2nd Nov 2014 9:33am
I really feel that the price will depend on the buyer. I know there are dealers around who will strip the rolling stock and buildings etc and destroy the layout so that they can make loadsofmoney. I do not want that. Each of the locos represents around £100, Coaches are £20ish, Trucks are £5-6, Houses are the same. But that does not represent what I want to do.
That is why I say, come and look. I do have photos but do not know how to include them, (could send them by e-mail if anyone is sufficiently interested, but one still needs to see it, if only to make an assessment of the extraction from the roof room!
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: N Gauge model railway - 2nd Nov 2014 10:11am
I have put a slide show on YouTube titled "My beaconsfield" hope anyone interested can find it. It has progressed since then.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: N Gauge model railway - 2nd Nov 2014 10:45am
And another my beaconsfield2
© Wirral-Wikiwirral