Forums
Posted By: keving Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 27th Sep 2012 7:32pm
Selling my dads car as he's too ill to drive any more.

It's 53 plate 1.8 CLUB with 90ish thou miles, no tax and only MOT until next month.
Drives great, but it does have the dash lights on saying service needed ABS etc, these have always been on since he's had it sometimes they go off. He had it all checked and rest last year for the MOT which it passed, but they have since came back on. He's had the braked done last year and a service also.

He only wants £500 as we just want it gone. It needs a good clean inside as he used to take the dog out in it (just the boot), but it will clean up as new and the bodywork is lovely condition also.

No offers please, its a bargain at £500

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: turnip Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 6:48am
The lights are now a fail on the MOT so if you want the ones which are irrelevant cleared and the ones which are relevant diagnosed I can sort it for £50
Posted By: gemkat Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 8:02am
i have 350 cash here waiting if you want to get rid, please call 07858 575 194
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 9:44am
Why hasn't the motor trader on the right of the 3rd picture bought this?
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 12:40pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Why hasn't the motor trader on the right of the 3rd picture bought this?

Don't talk rubbish he lives at the house he is standing outside 2 doors from my dad's house. And is not a trader. I've known him 30 years and he has never been a trader
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 12:44pm
Originally Posted by turnip
The lights are now a fail on the MOT so if you want the ones which are irrelevant cleared and the ones which are relevant diagnosed I can sort it for £50

I have the equipment to sort it myself. But we are more bothered about my dad than his car.
Posted By: turnip Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 9:48pm
Ah okay, just offering. No need to be so defensive. As you have the equipment and the abs lights are on along with others you may struggle to offload this as abs can be a tricky thing. Good luck with the sale.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 10:18pm
Seriously if you can sort the warning lights etc why not do it and command a better price if possible.Nobody wants to buy a car with known problems,usually too many unknown ones never mind unknown.Not sure that vintage (9 years) with that mileage will get much more but best of luck.
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 10:42pm
Ah okay, just offering. No need to be so defensive. As you have the equipment and the abs lights are on along with others you may struggle to offload this as abs can be a tricky thing. Good luck with the sale.

You were asking for £50 rather than offering help. Money isn't the object here. Their car is worth that price all day in my opinion. I've not spent time to even clean it either. There is more to life than money, and time is more precious at the moment, than to spend it on a car to get a few hundred £ more.

I certainly don't need the money and where my dad is going he won't. But £500 is the price he wants for now. No need for a discussion.
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 10:49pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Seriously if you can sort the warning lights etc why not do it and command a better price if possible.Nobody wants to buy a car with known problems,usually too many unknown ones never mind unknown.Not sure that vintage (9 years) with that mileage will get much more but best of luck.

Its only an ABS and service light on. Now resetting them may work (certainly the service no doubt) but the abs could be a wheel sensor etc. STill an easy fix but suddenly the time goes up from a few mins to reset, to half a day to obtain and fit the part.

I appreciate the car will sell far better, but pleanty of people can also fix cars and do so to make a few quid, and this they are welcome to. I have no spare time I wish to spend working on the car.

Thanks for the advice anyway, even if it is designed to put buyers off...
Posted By: Salmon Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 10:56pm
Originally Posted by keving
[quote=Salmon]

Sorry if you interpret genuine advice as an attempt to put others off. You have completely misinterpreted my post.
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 11:03pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
[quote=Salmon]

Sorry if you interpret genuine advice as an attempt to put others off. You have completely misinterpreted my post.

publicly giving me (and every potential buyer) your opinion, that it's not worth much more fixed, and insinuating there could be many more problems is always going to put buyers (daft ones that listen to daft people) off.

If you're not interested in the car why babble on so everyone can see ?? If you had anything useful to say, which you obviously haven't, then a PM would be more suitable.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 28th Sep 2012 11:23pm
Sorry to hear about your dad being unwell kev.

This is my old car, sold to kev little over a year ago and 500 is an absolute steal!
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 12:23am
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
Sorry to hear about your dad being unwell kev.

This is my old car, sold to kev little over a year ago and 500 is an absolute steal!

Yeah it flew through the last MOT, he's been made up with it, apart from the random dash lights being annoying!

As u can imagine my head is up my arse over my dad, hence me not beings very polite to the daft comments. It is a steal at £500 and someone will be very happy.

Thanks for your comments.
Posted By: turnip Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 6:34am

You were asking for £50 rather than offering help. Money isn't the object here. Their car is worth that price all day in my opinion. I've not spent time to even clean it either. There is more to life than money, and time is more precious at the moment, than to spend it on a car to get a few hundred £ more.

I certainly don't need the money and where my dad is going he won't. But £500 is the price he wants for now. No need for a discussion.

It was actually more directed at anyone who was thinking about buying the car and was put off by lights as I'm sure youre aware of the rip off prices garages charge.

Sorry to hear about your dad but maybe consider when people are trying to help your sale.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 7:05am
i can vouch for turnip and his dad mate, they sorted my transit out no problem after so called mechanics ooo'd and arrr'd over it
very good price too
hope sale goes thru, and sorry about your dad

I have the equipment to sort it myself. But we are more bothered about my dad than his car.
More pics of this here:

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums..._53_2003_Vauxhall_Vectra.html#Post527726
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 8:38am
Would you considder a part x and a little cash your way?
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 11:13am
No thanks. He doesn't need a car anymore and I have 2 already
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 1:26pm
Ah no worries glwts.
Posted By: keving Re: Vauxhall Vectra 53 plate new shape £500 - 29th Sep 2012 5:10pm
Car now sold, thanks for the interest.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral