Forums
Posted By: venice Im curious what you think. - 29th Mar 2018 4:37pm
Set out to order some dogfood , attracted by the header

" 20% off orders over £30! with code EASTER18 *cannot be used with existing discounts

i was buying 400g cans and wanted 12 of each of 4 flavours they do . Now I noticed you cant use the 20% coupon alongside any existing discounts , ( whichI thought meant like a coupon or code from a newspaper etc) but didnt think a discount was when you save money by buying more of something - I call the latter a 'saving' (and so do they )

Got to the till , and theres only 5% off. I ring up and find out that they do indeed count the bulk buy savings as a discount ! I tried saying well a 6 pack is a different product from a 12 pack or 24 pack , but she just said everything is in multiples of 6packs . So to get 20% , you have to buy the number of 6pks you want, all at the higher 6pack price first. Would you say this is misleading to pretend youre offering 20%?

Pack Size
Price
Saving
Quantity

400g x6
£10.74
-
400g x12
£20.41
-5%
400g x24
£38.66
-10%
400g x36
£54.77
-15%
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Im curious what you think. - 29th Mar 2018 5:26pm
Standard sales procedure I'm afraid
Posted By: venice Re: Im curious what you think. - 29th Mar 2018 6:44pm
I think its misleading to say the least . Ive been aware that obviously if you have a 10% off coupon from Wowcher or somewhere , or 7% from Topcashback , then youre not going to expect a further 20% on top - but I never thought it was normal practice to take away bulk buy savings before giving an advertized discount.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Im curious what you think. - 29th Mar 2018 7:25pm
Pretty well every discount voucher you will ever see will have in the small print that it cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Im curious what you think. - 29th Mar 2018 10:31pm
Another trap I fell into with one company .... "20% off on purchases over £50" I duly went and collected just under £60 worth of goods and they refused the discount because my purchase would be less than £50 after discount.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Im curious what you think. - 30th Mar 2018 6:35am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Another trap I fell into with one company .... "20% off on purchases over £50" I duly went and collected just under £60 worth of goods and they refused the discount because my purchase would be less than £50 after discount.

Now that I would have taken further!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral