Forums
Posted By: venice Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 11:54am
Thought Id just post this for anyone who hasnt used online companies for buying dog meds before. A lot cheaper than the vets . Been shopping around for a new supply of Frontline Spot on treatment and Drontal plus bone shape wormers for the family's dogs . Some good offers on at the moment . None of the online companies were best for all products, but overall taking postage into consideration, Petdrugs Online (whom I have used twice before successfully) turned out cheapest .If you compare companies watch out for ones who advertise their products net , and look good till you get to the till.

eg Basic Frontline for large dogs 6 pack £28.82 , and if you add a pack of 2 Drontal bone wormers at £3.30 that takes you over the £29 needed for free delivery .
Posted By: Mark Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 1:23pm
What changed is you could take a prescription from the vet and use it anywhere now I'm lead to believe.

My uncle has a dog that has heart tables for the rest of his days now.
He got a 6 month prescription and was able to order the tables online at a fraction of the cost.

Would stick to UK companies, as i'm sure they would be more regulated.

I think you have to request the prescription to take it else where.
In my uncles case he also had to send a scan of the prescription or something like that.

Not all the meds require a prescription so also bare that in mind.
And if your pet needs long term meds, ask for a long term prescription from the vet.

Would recommend online in the few examples I know of.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 1:31pm
also if you pay for a prescription from your vet, about £12
you can use it for up to 6 / 8 times, (depending on the vet)
big saving on things like insulin
Posted By: starakita Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 4:12pm
I used to pay £8 for Misty's prescription for insulin.used to get 9 bottles they're only small just on the one prescription & they lasted about 5 months.It used to cost me £169 that was vat included & delivery as it had to stay cold,still half the price of the vets.I could get the syringes without the prescription,it was 100 for £29.02 it was free delivery on anything over £29,still she's gone now so I don't need the stuff anymore just hope the dog I've got now stays healthy.
Posted By: Madge Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 5:06pm
I have used animed for quite a few years now, never any problems and a fraction of the price of vets, You can photograph the prescription and send with an email too,
Posted By: starakita Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 5:42pm
I used Animed too & they do all sorts of pet products
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Pets Meds Online - 16th Jan 2018 6:51pm
I normally use Vetimed online, I'll check the prices next time. They are getting far stricter on needing prescriptions which is good and bad.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral