Forums
Posted By: Mark Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 11:13am
Pony burnt and stapled in her stable on the Wirral

Penny a 16 year old welsh Section B was brought into her stable as usual on Sunday evening ,near Hooton on the Wirral, when her owner Karris returned to feed and sort her on Monday morning she found some really bad sores on her.

Leahurst Equine Practice was called and pictures taken of the sores were forwarded to them . The Vet called the family to say she was very worried about the sores and was going to call to check the pony over. On examination it seems the sores are burns and the pony smelt of burnt hair. The largest burn on her flank is very sore and is restricting the pony from walking .

Poor Penny has a further five burns , two on her rib cage, two on her hip all one side, and one further burn on her opposite side . All the burns have a circular dark patch in them which could be consistent with a cigarette. On further examination a staple was found in one of the burnt areas .

Source Click Me
Posted By: granny Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 11:49am
There are times when we have to wonder what has twisted the minds of these creatures that perform such barbaric acts. Maybe some foreign countries have the right idea,.. punishment equivalent to the crime.

Never thought I would say something like that.

Lets hope someone has information leading to arrest, before another pony is targeted.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 12:54pm
I agree Gran. Makes me sick when I read stuff like this.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 1:26pm
There was a case a couple of years back when the horses at Fender farm were targeted with paint.

Disgusting behavior, hopefully they shall be caught.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 1:46pm
If they ever get caught,The same should happen to them.If they are tough enough to do a thing like this,They should be tough enough to get the same treatment back.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 2:24pm
A fine and some useless order banning the from having contact with animals is all that they will get. Give the to me, I would be more than happy to deal with them.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 3:08pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
A fine and some useless order banning the from having contact with animals is all that they will get. Give the to me, I would be more than happy to deal with them.
Good point,Dilly.
What way would you deal with them?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 3:25pm
Originally Posted by Candlyfloss
Good point,Dilly.

If I said a taste of their one medicine, I think you will know what I mean.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 6:24pm
What a horrible thing to happen , the poor animal ... and thoughts to the owner....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 7:30pm
Been putting off reading this....with good reason, I see.

There really are some sick, twisted, evil individuals out there!!! What goes through these peoples minds????

Hope they get caught.....and get just desserts.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 7:35pm
The "evil ..." if caught? should be made to drink bleach tape their mouths up then stick red hot pokers into their bodies!!!. BUT that's not enough for them!.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 22nd Jan 2014 8:47pm
Originally Posted by mikethetrainman
The "evil ..." if caught? should be made to drink bleach tape their mouths up then stick red hot pokers into their bodies!!!. BUT that's not enough for them!.

hmmm, maybe pour concrete down their throats too?

Wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you Mike lol wink
Posted By: Alonso Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 23rd Jan 2014 11:15pm
I remember reading somewhere how two young lads were caught stealing a tin of salmon from a shop in Wallasey. That incident was back during the decade of the First World War. The lads got 12 strokes of the birch each- if my memory serves me correctly. Those lads pinched that tin of salmon because they were hungry. It was wrong to birch them, but that was the way it was then. But the fiends that did this dreadful thing to a poor defenceless animal, qualify in my opinion, for a good flogging and nothing less. There would be nothing wrong with that punishment.
Posted By: Santos Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 24th Jan 2014 9:51am
Originally Posted by Alonso
I remember reading somewhere how two young lads were caught stealing a tin of salmon from a shop in Wallasey. That incident was back during the decade of the First World War. The lads got 12 strokes of the birch each- if my memory serves me correctly. Those lads pinched that tin of salmon because they were hungry. It was wrong to birch them, but that was the way it was then. But the fiends that did this dreadful thing to a poor defenceless animal, qualify in my opinion, for a good flogging and nothing less. There would be nothing wrong with that punishment.

withthat
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Pony burnt and stapled in her stable - 24th Jan 2014 4:13pm
Originally Posted by Candlyfloss
Good point,Dilly.

If I said a taste of their one medicine, I think you will know what I mean.
My thoughts exactly.I bet they wont like it done to them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral