Forums
Posted By: sambalina Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 4:41pm
Im currently looking for a new vet in the Wallasey area. Im at Seaview now but to be honest I'm not entirely happy with their service.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable, trustworthy Vet?
Posted By: janazca Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 4:46pm
although not in wallasey Birch road vets r brilliant they r in birch road oxton and all so in moreton look in yellow pages for them. I have 5 dogs and a parrot and have used them 4 all our pets over the years.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 4:59pm
broadway, my ex wife used to work for them.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 5:05pm
Best ever,no doubts, ask for Mr Shepherd or Alex Brady , also cheaper than other vets.
Posted By: Volly Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 5:21pm
Rob McNulty at Hoylake vets is the best by far in my opinion.

Always used him no matter where on the Wirral we've lived at the time
Posted By: southy Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 5:51pm
Broadway are really good
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 6:23pm
i was at seaview, but wasn't that happy with them, my 2 dogs are looked after by broadway, never had any problems with them
Posted By: sambalina Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 6:24pm
Just rang Broadway, can get me seen tomorrow! Impressed already! Seaview had me waiting till next Friday!

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Seaview? Ive used them for years and never had a problem but for some reason they seem to have let my cat suffer needlessly!
Posted By: Guevara66 Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 6:58pm
If you are not happy with a vet.....have you tried a doctor?

"take a seat on the couch"......"I'm not allowed on the furniture"!!!!!
Posted By: sambalina Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 7:04pm
LMAO!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 7:14pm
I use Broadway for my 2 cats and shih tzu. Always get you seen quick and are friendly, but a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for i suppose.
Posted By: misssparky Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 11:11pm
I too have gone off seaview vets. I feel like I'm a burden going there and for asking advice. They have become quite unfriendly I feel and have cost me a fortune with each visit but very little help or advice. I have a cat who is 5 and upon a last visit a female vet was quite rude. Also we got a boxer pup last year, I was not given any advice when I asked questions and basically was told to keep Googling. A very good friend has recommended a vets in wallasey village, I think I'm going to take a visit there in the new year. Hope you find somewhere you are happy with smile
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Which Vet? - 23rd Dec 2011 11:14pm
Dont do parkside vets i am shocked as i have lost 2 pets when i was with them.
i am looking for a good vet as well as i dont want a repeat of what i had to see my pets go through.
Posted By: manic28_am Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 1:34am
Agree with the comments about Seaview. Profits over care and courtesy. They could at least have pretended to care when I took my cats in. They care when it comes to paying. The new one in Birkenhead at the old RSPCA place is cheap and pretty quiet as it's new. They microchipped my cats for a fiver each and were pretty good.
Posted By: Gill61 Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 1:50am
I was with seaveiw road & wasn't happy, they're just after as much money as they can get, they also treated the animals like an object
I am now with Broadway on Wallasey road & extremly happy, nothing is too much trouble & they love the animals!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 1:59am
dont bother about the money as long as they treat my pet right.
i had to watch my cat die with cancer. the vets was parkside and i gutted as my cat suffered i took him every 2 weeks for check ups and he was getting thinner and sicker and they didnt help.
so upsetting as i brought this one in from the streets and cared for him.
so anyone who knows a good vet i would love to knbow, i dont want my little female cat to get sick and go through this.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 7:11am
Again not wallasey, but we use a vets in West Kirby called Acorn have used them for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses, can be expensive but treatment of animals is second to none. They are based in the road opposite the concourse in the town centre
Posted By: bert1 Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 8:43am
When I had Bert the Dog I used Broadway in Bebington, never had a problem with them, like most vets its a licence to print money. The last two years of his life he was on continuous medicine, £49 every 3 weeks, so I just got a prescription and bought it on line for £23. 50, £2.50 of that delivery charge from special courier, post office cheaper if required, exactly the same stuff, made by the same people, so if your animals are on continuous meds get it off the net, I think they may charge now for prescriptions but even so, still cheaper, can recommend Vet uk, never had a problem with them, there are loads to choose from.
Posted By: sambalina Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 12:02pm
It just seems to me like Seaview are out for the money and they dont appear to be too bothered about the animals themselves. Last year Lola came home with blood running down her back leg, i got her seen to asap and she came home on painkillers. 2 weeks later after the meds had finished she seemed to get worse again. Took her back in and it turns out she had a fractured pelvis that had gone un-noticed. Lola ended up on a further dose of painkillers and cage rest for a month. I ended up with a huge bill, the majority of which I refused to pay.

Recently, she developed a Urine Infection and was doing her business in the house. Which in itself is very odd because she just doesnt, and never has done. Seaview told me that it was behavioural and that i shud retrain her on the tray and put her on some anti-depressant type stuff! I protested a week later when it wasnt helping and basically told them I wanted anti-biotics for her. Problem solved in 2 days!

Ive registered her at Broadway now on the recommendation of you guys here so hopefully she will have a better Vet experience from now on!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 12:12pm
Watching all this, I'm just glad I don't have a pet at the moment. They do cost a bomb in fees, don't they. I lost my dog some years back and vowed never to get another as it was so hard to watch him die. In the end, he was put to sleep. I can't remember how much it cost then-but I remember having to sit down and have a drink to get over the shock. It was horrendously expensive.
Posted By: crazykoi Re: Which Vet? - 24th Dec 2011 2:36pm
I Reccomend parkside in wallasey village been going there for 15 years sadley had to get milo our golden retrieve put to sleep old age they were very good have recently returned to them as we have just got a chocolate lab puppy they take the time to give you advice free puppy check at 8 weeks and 5 months car nt fault them
Posted By: Tina21 Re: Which Vet? - 11th Feb 2012 7:40pm
I go to little croft vets,BEST ever, its on station road little sutton,i know its a way to go from wallasey but they were the only vets in wirral to see to my dog on a Sunday,when she was passing loads of blood (not in season)they sent there amblence out within 15mins and she was put in opp right away, plus its good price's. will never go anywhere else..there number is 0151 3392605.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral