Forums
Posted By: MattLFC My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 4:33pm
On Wednesday I went to my girlfriends and left me cat in the flat, she was fine jumping around and bitching at me as normal, basically being an irritating little fook, called home on Friday night to see how she is and replenish her food supplies etc and she didnt seem herself.

Anyway, I picked her up to give her a hug and she went really mad at me, hissing, yelping the works!! So I got really worried, couldnt understand it, so I put her on the floor and noticed her back legs gave way, she couldnt walk.

I thought I would give it a day or and see how she is, anyway she seemed to get really bad and upset on the Saturday night, to the point where I was on the verge of calling out an Emergency vet.

Anyway, yesterday, after a good 10 hours sleep, she seemed much better, although still nowhere near right. Again today, she seems to have improved a bit, but I took her the vet anyway.

The vet has said she has either slipped a disc, which should fix itself in time, or she has a tuma on her spine. Given the fact she seems to be getting better since Saturday, the vet was quite positive, so I just got my fingers crossed now.

She gave her an injection into her spinal area and a course of pills, got to go back in a week or so if she is no better for further investiagation.

I hope she's alright, she is only 11 this year and I know that's not too old for a cat; she must be really unwell, cos she has never been ill before in her life, or at least she has never let on about it.

Will keep peeps updated.

[Linked Image]
Me lil Felix lol!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 4:44pm
poor kittles, hope she gets well soon
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 4:54pm
cheers matey, im quite hopeful, just gonna av ta wait and see, the waiting is the hardest part I suppose lol.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 6:09pm
You haven't been scaring her with the hoover again?

Get well soon Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeluux...

I can only think she's slipped a disc doing a megga stretch lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 6:28pm
gutted, get well soon lil moggy
Posted By: jonah Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 7:16pm
frown poorly puddy tat.... get well soon
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 8:56pm
Cheers guys, she says meow well actually she is sleepin atm, the more the better imho, cos the vet said lots of rest is best for a slipped disc and am really praying its nothing sinister.

Mark, you are quite fond of Felix aint ya haha, I dunno how she has done it, but the curtain was a bit screwed so im hoping she has jumped up at the pidgeons and fallen backwards or even just randomly moved the wrong way and slipped a disc... sounds mad to hope it, but at least its something that "should" (not always though) correct itself in time.

smile
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:45pm
hmmmmmmmmm you never put a big pic of me up when am poorly lol.
guess i'm second best frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:45pm
Originally Posted by SpottyDog
hmmmmmmmmm you never put a big pic of me up when am poorly lol.
guess i'm second best frown

Haha dunt be silly, you're poorlyness was self induced I seem to recall lmao tease
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:48pm
hangover is a valid illness laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:50pm
hmmmm in that case so is tiredness, ill remember that excuse next time you moan at me to wake up haha!
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:56pm
but waking up has been worth it over the past week, hasn't it? laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 9:58pm
yes lol dont go any further shh
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 10:01pm
yes sir whippy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 10:49pm
Least your minds at rest now mate, heres hoping she gets better soon smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 14th Apr 2008 10:51pm
yeah it is, cheers matey, also cheers for the text askin bout her yesterday!

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 15th Apr 2008 11:07pm
Hows catty mow mow now matty???

Im also "poorly"...fractured rib..so I feel her pain frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 3:56am
Yeah she is still improving, she almost walking normal now, id say 80% back to normal walking wise, still has a bit of a limp and the odd shaky moment but otherwise it looks good.

She can't jump as yet though, and she is wrecking everything I own pulling herself up onto seats etc with her claws bless her.

How did you fracture ya ribs mate??

smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 7:28am
awwh poor puddy tat!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 9:14am
Messin round with a mate..whos huge...he lamped me in the ribs...and its just gone on from there...

This was last wednesday..its now been a week and still hurts....yup ...fractured rib alert hahahaha

Good to hear shes gettin better then...shudnt be too long that shes climbing the curtains again etc
Posted By: Peachy Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 1:14pm
Aww glads shes looking/feeling better Matt!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 1:20pm
Is she an House cat mate?

I tried to keep mine indoors but once she got to about 6 months she was deperate to get out, she'd try a leap from the bedroom window and thought Id better get her sorted before she did a Steve McQueen and learned to ride a motorbike to perform the great escape raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 2:00pm
Haha!! raftl

She wasnt a house cat for the first 8 years of her existence, but since me mum sold the house I was living in, she has been forced to become one due to me living in the flat's.

She has taken well to it though as she never ventured far when she had a garden anyway (unlike her brothers), she has always been very much a lap cat, loves nothing then to sleep on ye knee.

So ive been lucky with her in many way's. She still cant jump that I know of yet, but she is continuing to improve with regards her walking, and taking the tablets quite good too, which I was surprised at, thought id have a fight on me hands to give her them lol.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 4:55pm
get a dog
Posted By: jonah Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 5:08pm
Originally Posted by renault_longmong
get a dog

why ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 5:27pm
Originally Posted by jonah
get a dog

why ?

ditto think
Posted By: jonah Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 5:41pm
u confused too....?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 5:45pm
yeah lol
Posted By: fordsteve Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 7:07pm
this site just getting full of freaks lol raftl how the cat matt mate
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 16th Apr 2008 9:06pm
Yeah she okay, still cant jump, she is actually quite good with having the tablets, a bit of relucatance, but wrap them in margerine, open her mouth, throw it down there and she swallows it no problem lol.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 17th Apr 2008 6:01pm
Originally Posted by jonah
get a dog

why ?

because cats are crap and only useful for stopping draughts underneath doors
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 17th Apr 2008 11:32pm
hate dogs...love pussy... raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 18th Apr 2008 9:15am
Get a Hamster!! tease

Is the Putty-Tat back to herself yet matt?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 8th Jul 2009 11:46am
Think she's gonna be bad again frown She has been bad since the first time, another course of predisolone from the vet sped-up her recovery, but the vet did say if it keeps happening from time to time, it may be best to just let it heal naturally.

It's just old age I think. Touched he lower back before and she cried, also, she has been clawing to jump on the recliner etc instead of jumping, the tell-tale signs of it coming on again.

Gonna get the underfloor heating back on in preperation for it, the heat is good for a quicker recovery it seems.

Not looking forward to the next week if she is bad again. Fingers crossed she won't get any worse than just a lil bit of pain this time. It's horrible because she tries to continue life as normal, walking/running/jumping, but simply ends up in agony everytime she does everything, then hit's a point where she can't move at all for a day or so. And everytime the pain comes she looks at me!

frown
Posted By: ponytail Re: My Cat Is Poorly - 13th Jul 2009 8:52am
We all age and have many ailments associated with this. It sounds like the vet is trying to build up your cat with steroids and it seems to work short-term. Cats enjoy just lounging around and like to be left alone when they are ill. You are a good carer, she knows you look after her well. Have you tried wrapping up a hot water bottle in one of your big fluffy jumpers and making a comfortable (warm) bed for her to rest on? I hope she find it cosy and homely. Also I gave my cats warm chicken soup when they were under the weather.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral