Forums
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Finds from 30/06/18 - 2nd Jul 2018 7:35am
Had a nice day out in the fields near Thornton Hough on Saturday. Few finds came up. Also got to see a Lancaster Bomber fly right over our heads which was amazing! Here’s a few pictures of my finds from the day.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Never did manage to find a knife to go with my spoon and fork haha but there’s always next time!
Posted By: cools Re: Finds from 30/06/18 - 2nd Jul 2018 9:34am
Thanks for putting your finds up Ex, I do enjoy seeing what you get. Always hoping for you to find that special piece. Don't fancy the digging you have to do at the moment bet it's hard work with the ground being so hard and dry. No devilish faces in this lot so you ok,ha...
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Finds from 30/06/18 - 2nd Jul 2018 10:53am
Yes it’s really tough at the minute, the ground is like rock! Also with this heat it makes it draining lol but it’s worth it. This is just the best bits I had, I don’t bother showing the amounts of lead, iron, ring pulls, cow tubes, foil etc.... I must dig about 100 holes easily in a day haha and nope, no bad omens this time!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Finds from 30/06/18 - 2nd Jul 2018 11:04am
Its amazing how many coins were lost, they might seem like trivial value to us but in 1862 that ha'penny was worth over £2 of today's brass.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Finds from 30/06/18 - 2nd Jul 2018 11:57am
I know DD, I would of been gutted to lose them back in the day, especially the silvers like the six pences, half crowns and even florins! And even more so a sovereign or guinea haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral