Forums
Posted By: Norton 752 The Old Manor Club, Withens Lane, Liscard - 13th Jan 2017 2:20pm
This is not a pub as such, but a private members club which is also popular for its function room, and is used for a variety of things, from children's parties to jumble sales.

The building, once known as Heyfield House, dates back to before 1875. Maps from about 1911 name it as 'The Old Manor Club', although it is not adjacent to any of the local Manors.

Clifton Hall used to be over the road from it, and its lodge still stands. As a matter of interest, the Hall became the Sea Training Home before being bought by Wallasey Council for use as a Technical College, which has since been demolished for a small housing estate.

On its North side, the Club used to have a bowling green, but this was sold and is now the site of some modern apartments. To the rear are playing fields, known as The Delph, a former quarry.

Description: The Old Manor Club, Withens Lane, Liscard.
Attached picture WP_000071 (2).jpg
I was very interested in your info Norton about the Old Manor Club. Having been a member of the tennis club in my teens and early twenties it brought back memories of happy days in the sun. I lived in Rake Lane in a house which backed onto the Delph so this area was my stamping ground.
Thank you.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 752 The Old Manor Club, Withens Lane, Liscard - 13th Aug 2019 9:48pm
Now demolished

Description: Old manor club
Attached picture manor.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 752 The Old Manor Club, Withens Lane, Liscard - 13th Aug 2019 10:07pm
All is here, wondered why it all of a sudden "vanished".

Clicky info
© Wirral-Wikiwirral