Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 56 Happy Valley Hotel 348 Borough Road 348 - 24th Feb 2011 4:56pm
pic off kenisherwood in a previous post

Attached picture happy valley.jpg
It was not a happy valley for me I had to walk through there to get home and it was ambush ally.If the catho from st wegburgh did not get you it would be The kids from christchurch...
Posted By: gopher Re: 56 Happy Valley Hotel 348 Borough Road 348 - 22nd Jan 2012 8:18pm
Drank in there in the late 70's, Lennie and Alice Cairns had it, all the boxers met there before going to Pontins by Southport for their weekend piss up.
The McAteers, foggy and many more from the Birkenhead boxing club all ex fighters, Lennie had 2 sons one worked behind the bar the other used to go round town selling fish.
Lennie died in the 80's and when the Valley closed i had moved to Rock Ferry.
Posted By: Erainn Re: 56 Happy Valley Hotel 348 Borough Road 348 - 16th Nov 2012 10:10pm
Lies on couch and therapist says 'So we shall begin with some word associations, please tell me some phrases that come into your mid as you hear the following words,,,'

Word 1 Happy Valley

Response..longhair...cannabis...furtive glances...under the table
did foggy live in westbourne road and is about 46 years old Gopher
Posted By: gopher Re: 56 Happy Valley Hotel 348 Borough Road 348 - 17th Nov 2012 5:06pm
No, he lived in Victoria Road by the Victoria Lodge and he was about 65 ish.
An earlier picture of the Happy Valley Hotel.

Attached picture 0_Wirral-nostalgia-Shopping-Street-Scenes.jpg
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 56 Happy Valley Hotel 348 Borough Road 348 - 24th Jan 2021 10:49am
The link posted by Bert to the Borough Rd thread lead me to this thread and I was going to do exactly the same as what you have done DD.
You beat me to it, haha!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral