Forums
Posted By: uptoncx 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 8th Jan 2009 6:14pm
The Harp Inn from Neston Marsh in 1980
Indexed happy
[Linked Image]

Posted By: derekdwc Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 13th Jan 2009 9:17pm
497 Harp Inn, used to be known as The Welsh HarpLittle Neston, Neston 19 Quayside, Little Neston, Neston, Merseyside

Attached picture Harp Inn  {ex Welsh Harp} Parkgate.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 3rd Aug 2011 6:14pm
Was here a few weeks ago, wonderful little pub, with fantastic costal views, surprised to see it isnt very busy even on boiling days. Been a few times over the years, should go more often lol.
Posted By: Tatey Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 4th Aug 2011 8:45am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Was here a few weeks ago, wonderful little pub, with fantastic costal views, surprised to see it isnt very busy even on boiling days. Been a few times over the years, should go more often lol.

On a clear day you can even get coastal views! lol
Posted By: petethebike Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 5th Aug 2011 2:57pm
Is the 4 b0re punt gun still above the bar? Was ther in the '70's when I used to visit with my young daughter.The Harp was on our Sunday afternoon run out in our early Mark 2 Austin Healy Sprite> Daughter sat on the transmition tunnel,no kiddy or booster seats in those days! Next stop was an ice-cream at the post office in Park Gate, regardless of weather or season.Can still taste that rum and raisan!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 6th Aug 2011 10:34pm
Originally Posted by petethebike
Is the 4 b0re punt gun still above the bar?

Can't say I noticed it, though tbh, was sat outside at the tables on the front most of the time, only went in for drinks as the weather was gorgeous.
Posted By: Norton Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston - 23rd Oct 2011 1:30pm
Re: 497 Harp Inn, Little Neston.
Being where it it, there can be problems getting in or out during a very high tide, such as the one pictured below, in 1982.
The weather was a lot better for the second shot, in 2003.

Description: Heading for the Harp before the tide comes in, 1982.
Attached picture 497-1982.jpg

Description: The Harp Inn on a nice day in 2003.
Attached picture 497-2003.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral