Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth FREE King Sized, Metal Frame Bed (5ft wide) - 17th Sep 2013 8:37pm
I have a king size metal frame bed to give away. It's approx 4 years old, there is no mattress with it. The wooden slats it came with are likely no good as they've got a slight curve where my son slept on them. But you can have them if you want.

I have no photo of it as it is dismantled.

I can't deliver it either, but it would likely fit in a large car quite easily, and it's not too heavy to lift.

Send me a message if you're interested or email me on [email protected]
Posted By: j_demo Re: FREE King Sized, Metal Frame Bed (5ft wide) - 18th Sep 2013 6:55am
im not interested but i just wanted to point out that wooden slats on beds are meant to be curved to add strength and 'bounce' so don't worry about that, as long as they're all there then it should be fine
My sister is looking for a King Size frame. She cant afford a base after her last one broke. Ill ring her now.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: FREE King Sized, Metal Frame Bed (5ft wide) - 18th Sep 2013 11:21am
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
My sister is looking for a King Size frame. She cant afford a base after her last one broke. Ill ring her now.

Okay, let me know if she's interested smile
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: FREE King Sized, Metal Frame Bed (5ft wide) - 18th Sep 2013 11:31am
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko

Hi again,

I just replied to your sister and gave her my number so she can text and say when she's coming to collect it
Great, thanks a lot!
Originally Posted by j_demo
im not interested but i just wanted to point out that wooden slats on beds are meant to be curved to add strength and 'bounce' so don't worry about that, as long as they're all there then it should be fine

When I got my bed the slats where not curved.
The slats are normally curved to give added strength and support. The cheaper the bed, the straighter the slats normally.
Bed has now gone to a good home smile
Thanks Elizabeth, she was made up. She can get the mattress off the floor now!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral