Forums
Posted By: Uffda Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 21st Oct 2012 6:16pm
Does anyone know of a decent restaurant open on a Monday evening? My uncle is coming over from the States and will only be in Merseyside for one evening (a Monday of course) and he wanted to take us out for a meal. Unfortunately every restaurant I can find is closed on Mondays. Is this standard with all restaurants?
Thanks
Posted By: cazzy78 Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 21st Oct 2012 6:50pm
The sea horse is new brighton is good and they have good offers on too. I went for my first visit the other day and was well impressed
I should imagine the Hillbark would be open but pricey.
Lol @ sea horse suggestion.

All decent restaurants are open!
I would suggest the Manor in Greasby
hiya, erm prezzo or brooklyns in new brighton xx
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 21st Oct 2012 9:56pm
The Manor Greasby as above, The Grove, Grove Road Wallasey,The River Hill in Oxton are all fine places to eat.
Posted By: Wench Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 21st Oct 2012 10:10pm
Peninsula Dining Room in New Brighton is lovely!! All fresh & local produce. The Chef is fantastic!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 21st Oct 2012 10:21pm
Frankie n Bennys, Bromborough
Posted By: Rambo Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 12:00am
The Derby Pool, New Brighton, if you are a carnivore. Chimneys in Hooton is lovely, The Bunbury in Little Stanney has massive portions or if you are after something a bit different, Jabula in Ellesmere Port is a South African restaurant offering such things as wild boar and crocodile. All the above I can recommend personally butI can't guarantee that they are all open on Mondays, you'll have to phone and check.
Jabula is awesome!
Posted By: tedmus Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 8:45am
I can vouch for the Grove, food is always good and the service is excellent. Cafe Sage in Wallasey village is also decent.
Posted By: SteveF92 Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 11:17am
Regentville in Birkenhead is a good restaurant
Posted By: IanR123 Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 11:40am
+1 The Riverhill in Oxton
If you're looking for that something special, take a look at the Glegg Arms on the Heswall roundabout, excellent food and service.
I'd hardly call the Glegg Arms "something special". It's a Beefeater restaurant attached to a Travel Inn.
Devon Doorway is better.
The Chimneys in Hooton is lovely. I'm there frequently.. the food is gorgeous and has a quiet atmosphere, no kids screaming around the place or rowdy people.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 2:35pm
Burley Dam is a good one and offers on during the week. I personally wouldn't touch the Chimneys. Bad service,cold food and dirty cutlery and the last time I thought we would give it another go we ended up walking out as we where there for over 45 mins before anyone even offered us drinks.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 2:58pm
Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I think I was just unlucky but when I checked on Trip Advisor for the best restaurant on the Wirral, all the top rated ones were closed on Mondays. I've looked and both the Grove House Hotel and The Manor in Greasby seem to be nearby and well recommended.
I wouldn't trust Trip Advisor, it has a terrible reputation for false reports.
Many really great restaurants are closed on Mondays; that's when the chef gets some time off after a busy weekend.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 3:46pm
Originally Posted by Uffda
Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I think I was just unlucky but when I checked on Trip Advisor for the best restaurant on the Wirral, all the top rated ones were closed on Mondays. I've looked and both the Grove House Hotel and The Manor in Greasby seem to be nearby and well recommended.
Grove House is really, really good. Highly recommend it!
Posted By: lansyp Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 7:30pm
i was at the manor last night ,not cheap on the beer but nice atmosphere and very good food
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 22nd Oct 2012 8:11pm
Boathouse Parkgate - phone to book and ask for table overlooking river - well the Marshes but lights over Wales a good view
Posted By: Uffda Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 6th Nov 2012 3:59pm
Just to let you all know that in the end we went to The Manor in Greasby last night. The food was fabulous. I would highly recommend it. I had the beef shin and it just melted in my mouth.
Thank you all for your recommendations I now have a selection of restaurants to try!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening. - 6th Nov 2012 5:21pm
Glad you enjoyed it and I have just booked Th Manor for a family outing next week, we all like it there.
It's such a letdown when a place doesn't live up to expectations, especially when you're looking for something special.
When I'm in a new place and need a good meal on a Monday evening, I usually steer clear of chain restaurants and opt for local spots instead. Just check out Sacramento restaurants. This city has some hidden gems when it comes to dining out.
If you're still on the hunt for a decent restaurant, you might want to consider checking out The Waterboy or Canon. They're not your run-of-the-mill chain eateries. The food at these places is top-notch, and the ambiance is just right for a relaxing evening out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral