Forums
Posted By: lauralou2 chopping onions - 12th May 2012 8:05pm
just felt i neede to share this handy hint.......when youve chopped an onion be careful not to pick a ciggy up and take a drag without washing your hands as i just have haha borkfest yuck heehee
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: chopping onions - 12th May 2012 9:39pm
My mate has a pair of vintage biggles style goggles that he wears when he's chopping onions.
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: chopping onions - 15th May 2012 9:00pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
My mate has a pair of vintage biggles style goggles that he wears when he's chopping onions.
have to put me mazzas on next time ha
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: chopping onions - 15th May 2012 9:12pm
keep your mouth shut......it seems to work. unless your really upset for murdering onions
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: chopping onions - 16th May 2012 9:29am
it wasnt my eyes it was the fact i didnt wash my hands then lit a ciggy and took a pull with onion fingers ewwwwwwwwwwwwww it wasnt good haha
Posted By: TheDr Re: chopping onions - 16th May 2012 9:37am
One of the chefs was cooking with Chillis, he took a "rest break" and forgot the Golden Rule that you wash your hands BEFORE as well as after.

His screams put most Hammer House of Horror to shame.

I am willing to bet now that EVERY guy reading this has paused for a second to consider the pain....
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: chopping onions - 16th May 2012 12:51pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
One of the chefs was cooking with Chillis, he took a "rest break" and forgot the Golden Rule that you wash your hands BEFORE as well as after.

His screams put most Hammer House of Horror to shame.

I am willing to bet now that EVERY guy reading this has paused for a second to consider the pain....
oooouchh haha
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: chopping onions - 16th May 2012 3:46pm
i have a great trick to chopping onions

i look really busy and shout for the missus to gimme a hand, and say "do us a favour and chop them for me please "

works every time cool
Posted By: eggandchips Re: chopping onions - 16th May 2012 7:34pm
i heard that chopping them under water works, but i cant hold my breath long enough
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: chopping onions - 17th May 2012 11:50am
im just going to boil them whole from now on
Posted By: Marlon Re: chopping onions - 7th Dec 2012 6:06pm
Hello Guys the chopping onion has a little track of sulfuric acidity in it. it spray in the air and irritates your eyes.you could get a chopping onion at wal-mart or some food market to help quit irrigating eyes.Thanks!!
Posted By: Salmon Re: chopping onions - 7th Dec 2012 10:45pm
If you put a bit of bread on the chopping knife you have no problem at all but keep the outside door open just in case.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral