Forums
Posted By: Blueskier Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 8:06pm
Found this evening. Some cash and cards. Name is S E Ball.
Message me or share on your facebook so it can be returned.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 8:43pm
Hey Blueskier, may be worth you giving a quick call to the bobbies at Manor Road in case they called in there looking for it...(or just a quick call to 101?)
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 9:37pm
Yeah, will do tomorrow.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 10:02pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01
Hey Blueskier, may be worth you giving a quick call to the bobbies at Manor Road in case they called in there looking for it...(or just a quick call to 101?)

I can't imagine why anyone would do otherwise, and the sooner the better.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 10:50pm
If that was a dig chriskay it is not appreciated.
Check the Police website, they DO NOT take reports of lost property. They suggest putting a notice up where it was found.

Think the Police are busy enough so thought i would do my legal obligation to try and return item to the owner by posting here and on facebook requesting everyone shares it so the owner could be found. If unsuccessful i would go out of my way to take it to the Police and the cards back to the bank. Maybe I should just pocket the cash and bin the cards.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 3rd Aug 2015 11:06pm
Just finished conversing with the owner. Found via Facebook.
Stand down Wikiers.
Posted By: cools Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 7:26am
Well done Blueskier for being an honest and good person bet the owner was well pleased...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 8:59am
Good on you Blueskier happy
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 11:09am
Originally Posted by Blueskier
If that was a dig chriskay it is not appreciated.

No, not a dig; it's just that it seemed the logical thing to do. I'm of an age where I'm not au fait with the other methods.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 12:33pm
Well done to you Blueskier.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 6:36pm
GJ Blueskier, I found a wallet a few years ago whilst out cycling in north wales - I just dropped at the local police station, which is why I suggested - but good result in the end
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 6:50pm
Well done to you Blueskier.

Social media can be fab at times. My son recieved a parcel at his home addressed to previous occupier. It was a gift from family in NSW

Within 30 minutes of posting on facebook the rightful owner had been found and collected the parcel.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 9:20pm
I was pretty sure i could track the owner down quickly through social media. Wallasey is a "small" place in that respect. In the time it took to trace him he wasnt even aware it was lost. A friend of my cousin. I dropped it back to his home just after midnight, five hours after finding it.
Thanks to the likes of this community.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 9:30pm
I bet the rightfull owner was well pleased and also had a great respect for you being so honest, most of all handing the wallet in to where he lives.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 4th Aug 2015 9:43pm
My wallet was handed in at Asda after i dropped it in the car park some time ago. Person had left no name so i made a donation into the charity pot at customer services. Also got £50 cashback at Asda Bromborough and walked away without it. Staff had handed it in. Donation to Children in need which was the same day. Great believer in honesty and decency in the vast majority people regardless of what we are told.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Wallet found Wallasey Road Liscard. - 20th Aug 2015 10:42pm
Well done Blueskier, you did the decent thing it's nice to think that there are honest people like you in the world. thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral