Forums
Posted By: dva99999 Dell Laptop stolen from car - 30th Jul 2015 11:22pm
A friend of mine had her car broken into and stole her company laptop and satnav in Wallasey.

The Dell laptop (silver and black) had confidential information on, but has been remotely wiped by her company, and my understanding is that it is now useless. The serial and asset number will stil be on the unit.

However this may not stop the thief from removing the hard drive and trying to sell it on.

Please be aware of this if someone tries to sell it on.

Thanks
D
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 31st Jul 2015 8:25am
Thanks for the information dva9's, but your friend doesn't sound too bright does she?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 31st Jul 2015 8:51am
Nice negative post Lud.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 31st Jul 2015 10:11am
Originally Posted by Dilly
Nice negative post Lud.

Fazakerley ! That said, it could have been a one-off lapse of security. No matter how cautious we "generally" are, we all let our guard down on the odd occasion. Sod's Law comes into play then of course.

One night recently, I went to bed and left the back door unlocked (true). Car keys for the grabbing, a 1950's copy of The Beano and worst of all - some crazed busty blonde could have walked into my bedroom and had her evil way with me ! One shudders (?)

Posted By: Dilly Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 31st Jul 2015 10:56am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Nice negative post Lud.

Fazakerley ! That said, it could have been a one-off lapse of security. No matter how cautious we "generally" are, we all let our guard down on the odd occasion. Sod's Law comes into play then of course.

One night recently, I went to bed and left the back door unlocked (true). Car keys for the grabbing, a 1950's copy of The Beano and worst of all - some crazed busty blonde could have walked into my bedroom and had her evil way with me ! One shudders (?)

I have that problem with that Lollipop, she sneaks in has her way and leaves smile
Posted By: snowhite Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 31st Jul 2015 3:56pm
That time of year again.Schools are on holiday or junkies need money for a fix or booze.
A van in my area nearly got broken into.
But the bugger/ buggers had no luck.
I do hope you freind gets her laptop and sat nav back.
And the ... get caught.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 1st Aug 2015 7:33am
Nice negative post Lud.

Could have been worse Pinz, might have been Cynthia ;-)
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 1st Aug 2015 7:58am
Originally Posted by snowhite
That time of year again.Schools are on holiday or junkies need money for a fix or booze.

Talking of negative posts lol lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 1st Aug 2015 8:30am
Originally Posted by Tatey
Nice negative post Lud.

Could have been worse Pinz, might have been Cynthia ;-)

I'd quite forgotten about Cynthia. Maybe best left that way methinks. wink
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dell Laptop stolen from car - 1st Aug 2015 8:58am
Pinz you haven't been messing a about with Madame Cyn have you ? smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral