Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 1:39pm
The amount of effort he has put in trying not to be defeated leaves me to think he has something to hide.
I suspect when he loses all that power he will be getting investigated left right and centre for all kinds of things. I'll be glad to see the last of his fake news.
His attempted coup should mean he gets impeached and prosecuted now. And his co-conspirators.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ni-fox-news-twitter-facebook-impeachment

I reckon he would make a good Bond villain looking for world domination. grin
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 2:39pm
Its not over yet, the house can't impeach Trump without backing of the Senate Officials. Trump has the power to sack the Senate Officials to ensure there isn't a quorum (which is already in question as there are some temporary officials in place).

Another deal will be brokered more than likely, The USA doesn't want to admit they had a two year old child as a President never mind how obvious it was. Trump's a greedy thief business man, he understands deals.

There are huge gaping holes in their constitution based on the assumption that the President would always be on the side of the country. Biden's going to have his work cut out in trying to get new amendments to the constitution to ensure a future rogue President can't act alone.

He hasn't made America Great again ......

Despite his harsh changes in attempts to punish foreign imports, his balance of trade has rocketed in arrears, exactly the opposite to what he promised and what he says he has achieved.

National debt has increased.

Employment has risen at about the same rate that Obama achieved.

Unemployment has dropped considerably but this doesn't tally with other figures so it looks like a lot of people may have fallen out the system.

Loads of jobs vacancies but they haven't got the skills to fill them.

He only built a tiny bit of his Mexican wall, there are now 699 miles of barrier where there used to be 654 miles, not much of an impact on the 2000 miles he promised.

There are a lot more immigrants going into the USA than under Obama - the difference being that they are from other countries not Mexico.

Posted By: Greenwood Re: Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 2:42pm
Once the immunity of being in the White House no longer protects him, there's a whole list of issues waiting to come up and bite him. Hubris, nemesis, karma - call it what you like, it's going to hurt.

Bond villain maybe, but not with a cat - that would take attention away from HIM! Good idea for a spoof, though - has anyone seen the Sound of Music 'Goodbye, Farewell' spoof? Very well done!

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/12/1...ll-hilariously-reworded-for-trumps-exit/
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 3:28pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Its not over yet, the house can't impeach Trump without backing of the Senate Officials. Trump has the power to sack the Senate Officials to ensure there isn't a quorum (which is already in question as there are some temporary officials in place).

Sorry, that is for declaring the President unit, not an impeachment. For an impeachment it requires two thirds of the whole Senate.

I suspect individual States will bring charges against Trump but they will be quashed one way or another.
Posted By: casper Re: Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 6:24pm

Sorry, that is for declaring the President unit, not an impeachment. For an impeachment it requires two thirds of the whole Senate.

I suspect individual States will bring charges against Trump but they will be quashed one way or another.

What about Boris and Farage, they have now been pushed into condemning him, having been aware of his fascist and racist tweets for years yet still applauding him, just like Thatcher before him allowing Pinochet to hide here, all cut from the same cloth, closet fascists.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 10th Jan 2021 8:32pm
And the SNP who are making the ridiculous suggestion that Trump is not allowed to inspect his business in Scotland due to Covid???

By all means ban him but at least try and make some semblance of sense in the way you do it.

A new political era of politicians not only being berks but also boasting about it.

They must be killing themselves laughing knowing that despite all the antics they get up to, many still vote for them
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Donald Chump - 13th Jan 2021 10:18pm
Impeachment vote has gone through. First president ever to be impeached twice...
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 13th Jan 2021 10:26pm

Good ! What else could they do ?

That other $%&" Pompeo should also be dealt with. Sometimes I wonder if he's been the force behind the Trump throne and never should family nepotism be allowed again at such high levels . More like the dictators of third world countries .
Posted By: casper Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 9:40am
Originally Posted by granny

Good ! What else could they do ?

That other $%&" Pompeo should also be dealt with. Sometimes I wonder if he's been the force behind the Trump throne and never should family nepotism be allowed again at such high levels . More like the dictators of third world countries .

We have had a right wing coup in this country it has been happening slowly over the past few years in front of our eyes, lies and promises spoon fed to us by what many would think of as a harmless buffoon yet behind that facade is the cunning of a rat, the hard line Tory approach has been replaced by one of stealth, chipping away bit by bit, softly softly, following the Trump pattern.

The last Tory coup against Harold Wilson was called off, but plans had been discussed for a government take over, the intent was clearly there, made by those in the shadows, The Tories denied any involvement, but they would wouldn't they.
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 11:15am

Oh , Jolly Dee, let's have a coup then, Casper. Level everything off. Tit for tat, and all that.

Harold Wilson's offices were raided , thought to be MI5 , can't see what the Tories had to do with that. He was also accused of connections to USSR, can't see what the Tories had to do with that.
Of course it was in the days of the Cold War and espionage at it's greatest.
Even now, nobody would know, not even you Casper, if Wilson had connections to USSR or if he was innocent ... those sort of things aren't talked about, they're covered up and diverted with medals and Knighthoods . A bit like Jimmy Saville and Keir Starmer ??? Innocent until proven guitly.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 1:02pm
I would hope every Prime Minister of the UK would have connections with Russia/USSR like they should with every other country. We do joint projects with everybody.

But of course the media love portraying things to suit their agenda, one politician is acknowledged as negotiating a peace deal, another is accused of colluding with the enemy!

And that is where we fail these days, we start a war without declaring war, it all gets too much so we try to let it fizzle out. The damage has been done and insufficient communication/negotiation happens to bring it to an end.

We even claim war repatriations from countries we attacked whilst "not at war". We desperately need some politicians again instead of blame averse idiots with no bottle.
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 2:47pm
DIfference bieng, MI5 had opened a file on Wilson in 1947,just after WWII, so it would seem that long before he became PM, there must have been rumblings of some sort as he entered the political arena. He also visited USSR in one capacity or another on a few occasions , unlike the more recent PM's and Ministers in this country have .

Re Wilson : in the early 1960s, a Soviet defector called Anatoly Golitsyn had told his debriefers that Wilson was a spy and that Hugh Gaitskell, Wilson's predecessor as Labour leader, had been assassinated to make way for him. The claim was rejected by MI5's director general - but it was believed by Wright, as well as CIA counterintelligence chief James Jesus Angleton.

Right or Wrong ??

Thinking back, it was all happening during those couple or three of decades.

Profumo Affair, and Stephen Ward who was having an affiar with a Soviet Spy.
Wilson's Lavendar List
Liberal Leader Jeremy Thorpe, accused of using a hit man to kill his lover (being gay).
John Pulson Bribery
John Stonehouse (fake Suicide)
Jeffrey Archer, allegations of prostitution and jailed for perjury
Peter Mandelson for failing to disclose a loan from the Paymaster General.

Loads more, from all sides of the political divide.

It's so much fun , thinking back .

We must never forget, all of those who take up positions in Government or Opposition have been elected by us !!

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 3:14pm
Harold Wilson was Secretary for Overseas Trade in 1947

MI5 "opened a file" on every Minister and many non-Ministers as well.
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 3:35pm
Harold Wilson was Secretary for Overseas Trade in 1947

MI5 "opened a file" on every Minister and many non-Ministers as well.

They proably didn't have links to KGB officers though !

Link please. I'd like to read.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 14th Jan 2021 6:20pm
All ministers are vetted by MI5, since 1972 this vetting is officially discussed with the Prime Minister, prior to that MI5 were much less accountable and much more active.

MI5 never close files, even death doesn't get that privilege which dispels another Wilson security myth.

The Queen, Thatcher etc etc had links to KGB, you'd struggle to find anyone on the international circuit that didn't. We exchanged information with the KGB like we did and do with most security services, some of it formally, some of it not.
Posted By: casper Re: Donald Chump - 15th Jan 2021 4:30pm
Originally Posted by granny
DIfference bieng, MI5 had opened a file on Wilson in 1947,just after WWII, so it would seem that long before he became PM, there must have been rumblings of some sort as he entered the political arena. He also visited USSR in one capacity or another on a few occasions , unlike the more recent PM's and Ministers in this country have .

Re Wilson : in the early 1960s, a Soviet defector called Anatoly Golitsyn had told his debriefers that Wilson was a spy and that Hugh Gaitskell, Wilson's predecessor as Labour leader, had been assassinated to make way for him. The claim was rejected by MI5's director general - but it was believed by Wright, as well as CIA counterintelligence chief James Jesus Angleton.

Right or Wrong ??

Thinking back, it was all happening during those couple or three of decades.

Profumo Affair, and Stephen Ward who was having an affiar with a Soviet Spy.
Wilson's Lavendar List
Liberal Leader Jeremy Thorpe, accused of using a hit man to kill his lover (being gay).
John Pulson Bribery
John Stonehouse (fake Suicide)
Jeffrey Archer, allegations of prostitution and jailed for perjury
Peter Mandelson for failing to disclose a loan from the Paymaster General.

Loads more, from all sides of the political divide.

It's so much fun , thinking back .

We must never forget, all of those who take up positions in Government or Opposition have been elected by us !!

There is absolutely no doubt, that elements in MI5 had used black propaganda to blacken and undermine Harold Wilson, does this sound familiar? IRA sympathiser, communist, (clockwork orange and recently Corbyn) and there is no doubt meetings took place to discuss a coup by various right wing factions both military and ex military, Airy Neave was mentioned who at the time was a Conservative MP, so no doubt those within the Conservative party were well aware of what was going on, so much for oft spouted democracy.
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 15th Jan 2021 9:48pm

MI5 may have used black propoganda , and various other things, but at the same time they might not have. MI5 are not on the same road as the CIA.
I'm quite sure MI5 also have the ability to ferret out the truth from the false accusations.

My cousin's father was a spy during the Malayian war, the strange thing was..... nobody in the family knew. She was 7 yrs old when she last saw him and never heard from him again.
He was due home but never arrived. Nobody could find ever out what had happened to him.
His mother got notification decades later that he'd died. He was found destitute in a basement flat in Scotland somewhere, on his own with a single momento his wife had given him before they had last parted company.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and we don;t know what they know either.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Donald Chump - 16th Jan 2021 11:29am
In my eyes, Trump is still stirring things up.

“As far as this is concerned,” Trump said, apparently referring to Biden’s inauguration: “We want no violence. Never violence. We want absolutely no violence.” He added, however, that the then-impending impeachment was “causing tremendous anger”, and the subsequent Senate trial was “causing tremendous danger to our country”.

Basically, he is saying there will be more trouble.
Since his Facebook and Twitter accounts have been ended, we don't know what he is thinking anymore.
I wouldn't be surprised if he has one last hurrah up his sleeve.
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 18th Jan 2021 11:20pm

Not long to go. Security seems to be massive and Trump will fly off to his paradise. Now let's see what he's managed to do in his last throws of office.

No 1.

Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil - sources

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-europe-uk-brazil-sources-idUSKBN29N20Y
Posted By: cools Re: Donald Chump - 19th Jan 2021 7:26pm
I hope that everything goes off all right with Joe Biden inauguration but I would be a worried man with all those Trump idiots around with guns. Hopefully we won’t be hearing of an assassination . Crazy crazy world!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Donald Chump - 19th Jan 2021 8:49pm
I think Biden will be safe but I fear others won't be. Trump should have been sectioned long ago on the grounds of delusion, or as was said in April "dangerous detachment to reality".
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Donald Chump - 20th Jan 2021 10:05am
Counting the hours to the inauguration... I wish Biden all the luck in the world, he'll need it to undo the damage done by his predecessor. I read this morning that one possibility is that Trump will start off his own political party - a 'Patriots Party' or somesuch thing. There are enough deluded/hoodwinked/dangerous/vulnerable people out there to give him a following, too... that's rather a scary prospect. Unless he's so hammered by the various legal issues awaiting him that he no longer has enough money/credibility to do so! One can only hope...
Posted By: granny Re: Donald Chump - 20th Jan 2021 3:26pm
Trump has gone now, but I view the future Biden with caution. The man who promoted the Iraq war .

We don't need any more wars, as the world hinges on starvation , disease and death.

Having heard Karmala Harris speak a couple of weeks ago, I liked her, and thought she spoke exceptionally well.

So good luck to them.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Donald Chump - 22nd Jan 2021 3:57pm
On a lighter, Trump-related note, anyone seen this? Very funny - best with sound up.

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/sta...Qm-c9-Ll0eTvxJa4jewQCfcLO0n3cF57YCXzvgpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral