Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Remembrance Sunday - 8th Nov 2020 9:49am
Sadly this year there will be no parades.

I feel sorry for the Royal British Legion as they have lost a lot of donations this year because they're not allowed to have collectors to carry out face to face collections.

At 11:00 GMT the annual two-minute silence will be held across the UK.

The Royal British Legion and Legion Scotland are advising people to observe the silence in honour of those who lost their lives in conflicts from their doorsteps.

See you all on your doorsteps.
Posted By: casper Re: Remembrance Sunday - 8th Nov 2020 10:04am
This will be the second year I have missed the cenotaph, see you on the doorstep.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Remembrance Sunday - 8th Nov 2020 7:25pm
I didn't stand on the doorstep. I think of these men and women over the whole year, on and off. I did like the pared down London Cenotaph event though.
Posted By: moretonkiwi Re: Remembrance Sunday - 8th Nov 2020 10:53pm
Here in NZ to commemorate ANZAC day (during our lockdown) they asked folk to make poppies and display them in windows on fences etc and for people to come out and stand at their gateway at 11pm and observe a minutes silence. It was incredibly touching to see so many families (children included) doing this and was made even more poignant, here in Morrinsville, by the fact that somewhere in the neighbourhood a young boy played the Last Post.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral