Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Prince Philip Car Crash - 17th Jan 2019 7:14pm
I see he has had a lucky escape as his range rover turned over near Sandringham. He was driving and at 97yrs old questions will be asked..was he fit to drive..Two other in another vehicle were slightly hurt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46912691
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 17th Jan 2019 9:43pm
probably shouldn't be out, let alone driving smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 12:53am
Was he breathalysed?

Rhetorical question of course.

I would put money on his NOT being given this test, but even if I'm wrong and he wasn't it will be quietly disregarded should it prove positive.

I'm a bit suspicious that a misinformation campaign has been mounted about the injuries of the people in the other car. We were first told that the injuries were so minor they hadn't even been taken to hospital (pretty unlikely given the state of the vehicle!). This was later changed to say they HAD been taken to Hospital as a precaution which later got changed to their being treated for 'minor injuries'. I suspect in due course the 'minor' will be dropped. You don't knock a Range Rover on its side without one hell of an impact!

Probably a 'D' notice is in place preventing any press coverage of it by now.

Nothing to see here! Move along there!

Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 1:46am

If the media can't get it right, it's hardly anyone else's fault.

I'm quite sure he would have had someone with him and quite sure there would have been witnesses. So put your anti royalist opinions to bed, because they are people , and there is no law against driving at any age, providing a medical health check says it's ok.
How old were the passengers in the other vehicle , do you know ?
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 9:01am
Originally Posted by granny

If the media can't get it right, it's hardly anyone else's fault.

I'm quite sure he would have had someone with him and quite sure there would have been witnesses. So put your anti royalist opinions to bed, because they are people , and there is no law against driving at any age, providing a medical health check says it's ok.
How old were the passengers in the other vehicle , do you know ?

Your quite right granny they are people and as you say people make mistakes, and if to be found at fault then the relevant penalty will be imposed, but I am curious to see how this unfolds, and whether or not the interests of all those involved will be served.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 10:02am
Breathalysed according to one newspaper. Speed to be reduced on that road according to another. (dont believe that one as it would have to go through council first). That sort of implies it was the other drivers fault for going fast rather than some drunken old fart not paying attention! as he pulled out (cynical journalistic licence...). "Both breath tests were standard procedure and both were negative"...so will have to remove the word "Drunken" on my way to The Tower. Thankfully no one killed. Dashcam footage would be priceless..
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 10:12am

Its been planned to reduce the limit on the road for some time. Although I can't see how 10mph will make any difference.

A crash involving the Duke of Edinburgh happened a day before the speed limit on the road was set to be reduced.

Prince Philip, 97, was not injured in the crash on the A149 near the Queen's Sandringham estate on Thursday.

Witnesses said the duke's Land Rover overturned during the collision, which happened as he emerged from a driveway.

Norfolk County Council was already due to discuss safety issues on the road - described as a "rat run" by one local - before the crash took place.

The authority is expected to lower the maximum speed limit from 60mph to 50mph and approve installing average speed cameras on the road.

There were 40 accidents, five of which were fatal, on the A149, which is the main route to the Norfolk coast, in the six years from 2012-2018.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46912556
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 1:17pm
LOL

Attached picture Prince Philip.jpg
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 2:08pm
Apparently the Duke has said the sun was in his eyes, I can believe that - low winter sun can be extremely difficult.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 2:26pm
I agree with that Moonstar, I was in a car yesterday and quite honestly we were both blinded for a few seconds by that sun, it's quite scary.
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 6:57pm
No need for Mr Loophole then. cool
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 18th Jan 2019 10:30pm
Ive had to put my sunglasses on a couple of mornings doing the school crossing. So Philip saying he couldnt see so he pulled out..... wind your window down and listen helps. I see his new car arrived today according to one newspaper..no stopping the man!! Oh Lizzie cant you have a word with him..
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 19th Jan 2019 6:59pm
Mr loophole did respond in the paper, I cant see any action being taken against him due to his age and for all his long standing service to this country, it would benefit no one. (least of all the duke) raftl
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 19th Jan 2019 7:28pm
And now he has been seen out driving again today without a seat belt on. Time for him to visit Dignitas !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 19th Jan 2019 11:56pm
LOL

Attached picture may queen.jpg
Posted By: lincle Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 20th Jan 2019 12:50pm
Thats great Fish. The mans a menace & at his age he should have more sense.Will he care if he kills some poor innocent person,probably not cos he knows he'll get away with it.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 20th Jan 2019 10:28pm

It would seem that he's loosing his marbles. He probably sneaked out under the radar before anyone knew, dressed as a nun !
Posted By: lincle Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 21st Jan 2019 10:33am
LOL
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip Car Crash - 21st Jan 2019 12:49pm
Think he's being a stubborn arrogant old goat! Sounds like he's not listening to any advice off anyone including his family. He's always amused me with his gaffs and things but he is a danger in a car not just for him but other folks. I'm in the camp that thinks at a certain age you should have to stop driving. That night be unfair on people who think they are quite capable of driving etc but there have been so many cases of people being killed and it's been the elderly persons fault and going down motorways the wrong way! I do know that young drivers cause more but think there has to be a cutoff. That programme 100 year old drivers on tv annoys me they try and make it quite jokey but I'm appalled at them. Anyway I shouldn't laugh but this did make me giggle

Attached picture IMG_0973.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral