Forums
Posted By: cools Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 8:21pm
Clark's have been accused of sexism I've just noticed on news headlines!! This because they have a girl's shoe called Dolly Babe with hearts on insole while boys called Leader with footballs!!! Honestly talk about political correctness gone mad it makes me so mad..why can't we have girly and boy things grrrr!!!!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 9:02pm
absolutely shocking and to make matters worst they are black. My daughter played with a baby dolly when she was little... I see all the PC politicians have had to come out and slam it.
Fish face Sturgeon "It is almost beyond belief that in 2017 a major company could think this is in any way acceptable. Shows what we are still up against."
Mustnt be anything else going on in the world
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 9:13pm
Originally Posted by cools
Clark's have been accused of sexism I've just noticed on news headlines!! This because they have a girl's shoe called Dolly Babe with hearts on insole while boys called Leader with footballs!!! Honestly talk about political correctness gone mad it makes me so mad..why can't we have girly and boy things grrrr!!!!
I don't think it is anything to do with the patterns on the soles!! It is the very names of the shoes that are backward thinking.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 9:24pm
Originally Posted by fish5133

Fish face Sturgeon "It is almost beyond belief that in 2017 a major company could think this is in any way acceptable. Shows what we are still up against."

Even the Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, usually the most unbending upholder of traditional values, told the BBC: “To call a pair of shoes for a girl Dolly Babe is dreadful. It’s wrong in all sorts of ways … this is just really silly.”

The issue was first raised by Miranda Williams, a councillor in Greenwich, who was horrified when she found Dolly Babe in an online search for new school shoes for her twin daughters. She tweeted: “The idea that we should be bringing up a generation of boys to aspire to become leaders while the best hope for girls is to be Dolly Babes is just grim.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-school-shoe-after-accusations-of-sexism
Posted By: cools Re: Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 9:39pm
Well I think it's a load of rot Rude!! It's like that advert for babies nappies I think it is showing a baby girl may grow up wanting to be a ballerina while a boy might grow up wanting climb mountains.That too was deemed sexist! What do we want don't mention gender in a conversation in case you're being sexist!! Sorry that's my opinion anyway..
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 13th Aug 2017 10:02pm
A boy could want to be a ballet dancer. A girl could grow up wanting to climb mountains. I don't see a problem with either.

What is a problem is stereo-typing genders.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 6:26am
Political correctness gone mad once again. How can the name of a pair of shoes shape the future of children ? Politicians should be getting on with what they are overpaid for and leave the choice of what kids wear to the parents. What Next, don't dress your babies in pink for girls or blue for boys ? . Next step will be no sex to be displayed on birth certificates for fear of upsetting some loonies that will say it is going to shape the kids future. Let our kids have a childhood free of this political correctness loony sect.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 8:44am
Couple of my lady gardening customers call me "babe". Just a term of endearment. I dont go throwing my lawnmower out the pram. Got a bit twitchy when a male customer called me "tiger" though.
Posted By: casper Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 8:44am
Reminds me of the opening scenes of the movie Full Metal Jacket, when the new recruits are being introduced to their instructors, the Senior instructor lets fly with a tirade of racism, sexism ending in the words to me you are all equally useless, one way to do it.
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 8:47am

How long is this anti-sexism supposed to continue for ? All of their lives or just up to puberty.

I suggest these female pop singers get off our screens and stop flaunting their half naked bodies around in such provocative manners with the sole intention of promoting female sexuality and encouraging 'teeny babes' to admire and copy them.
Bin all the childrens classic story books, or give the three little pigs dresses to wear as they build their brick and straw houses. Or alternatively ,change the story to knitting and crocheting their houses.
Drop the name Princess from all Disney dress up shoes.
How terribly boring...... 'Dress up Shoes' It doesn't add much creativity does it ? Sales will plummet !

It's one man's mission in the advertising world, who from now on shall be called Tinkerbell, to put his name in lights , it's not law and probably never will be, so we should close our ears to such rubbish and Rees-Mogg can have his opinion the same as anyone else.(stupid point to raise).

Quite simply, from here it looks as if he's out numbered.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:24am
You said it "babe"
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:29am
Well said luv smile
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:33am

Hi 'hunny bunnies', do I need to change my name from Granny ?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:33am
Anyway weren't Clarks the biggest shoe firm that looked after child footcare? Measuring kids feet for the correct fit. Now they get repaid with this load of old tosh.
Posted By: cools Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:34am
Think so Granny,oops I mean mature female human, lol..
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:35am
Originally Posted by granny

Hi 'hunny bunnies', do I need to change my name from Granny ?

Just take away the first 2 letters and replace with 1 smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:39am
Of course I mean the letter N smile
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:40am

I assume 'husbands/wives' must be off the agenda too, and no more 'hen parties' .
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:42am
Originally Posted by Dilly

What, 'Fanny' ?? Can't have that, Dilly
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:43am

What, 'Fanny' ?? Can't have that, Dilly

You just changed that post, by suggesting the letter N ! Can't have 'Nanny' it's still sexist.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:45am
You know I meant Nanny you wicked woman smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:46am
He and she is probably sexist now.
Posted By: cools Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:47am
Already getting rid of signs saying Ladies/ Gentlemen toilet signs , we now have Unisex!! God forbid we should be thought to different, ha...
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:51am

We can all be an 'IT'. Maybe some religions should get equality, before the nutters and followers of nutters should think it's time to change the course of history and the very basis of human life.
The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it is ! raftl
Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 9:54am
Already getting rid of signs saying Ladies/ Gentlemen toilet signs , we now have Unisex!! God forbid we should be thought to different, ha...

All very well until you have a woman who has suffered rape and is too scared to use them. (men being the stronger sex) .
Just like mixed wards in psychiatric wings of hospitals, where they have women batterers in beds opposite battered women. Not to sensible in the light of day , is it ?
Posted By: cools Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 10:17am
Yes Granny that's the serious side of all this PC rot.. let's face it a person if they have it in them and want it can aspire to anything they choose, we've seen enough examples of this whether they be man or woman. Alot of female leaders at the moment in the world so just alot of nonsense that names or the way things portrayed will change kids futures,PC brigade just wanting attention..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 10:51am

All very well until you have a woman who has suffered rape and is too scared to use them. (men being the stronger sex) .

Men have been raped in loos as well!

Totally agree that there is nothing wrong with bringing kids up as traditional boys and girls. Girls and boys have separate distinctive role in life, men generously donate their seed and women produce babies.

The excessive disproportional promotion of homosexuality in the UK seems to me to be part of the trend to reduce the number of UK births. Homosexuality is not natural, if it was, we would not exist. Note that this is not a homophobic comment as bisexuality is a different matter and could be natural as that can continue procreation.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 4:48pm
I wonder if you people ever stop to wonder why so few women go into engineering or science, or why when they do they are pushed aside by boys brought up to be 'leaders'. Or how many of you know the meaning of the word 'stereotyping'?

Clarke's are in the business of selling shoes, not social engineering of course.

So you have to wonder why they insist on doing it.

I think it would be nice for boys and girls to choose what style of footwear they like for themselves without being told what is 'appropriate' by a bloody shoe company.

Posted By: granny Re: Clark's shoes - 14th Aug 2017 5:34pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Men have been raped in loos as well!

Yes they have, by men and in men's loos !
Posted By: casper Re: Clark's shoes - 15th Aug 2017 6:33pm
Pc rot is the right word for it, apparently Coronation Street needs more ethnic characters to reflect real life diversity, it is already oversubscribed with gay characters, it has an Indian family and an afro,British mechanic, perhaps we could have a Polish family or maybe some asylum seekers and to be really PC we could have a Mosque.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 15th Aug 2017 6:56pm
They might even change the name to

Koranation street smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clark's shoes - 15th Aug 2017 7:24pm
Yes ex its terrible stereotyping women as "mothers" but I don't see too many queuing up to be fathers
Posted By: venice Re: Clark's shoes - 15th Aug 2017 7:29pm

Koranation street smile

Clever word play Dilly !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 12:35pm
Originally Posted by venice

Koranation street smile

Clever word play Dilly !

Rename the Rovers Return as "Allahs Second Coming"
Posted By: starakita Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 5:03pm
Political correctness gone mad once again. How can the name of a pair of shoes shape the future of children ? Politicians should be getting on with what they are overpaid for and leave the choice of what kids wear to the parents. What Next, don't dress your babies in pink for girls or blue for boys ? . Next step will be no sex to be displayed on birth certificates for fear of upsetting some loonies that will say it is going to shape the kids future. Let our kids have a childhood free of this political correctness loony sect.
There are some couples doing that with their kids bringing them up to be non gender.Think it's in America but could be here as well,kids will get bullied & end up needing therapy.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 5:19pm
Originally Posted by starakita
There are some couples doing that with their kids bringing them up to be non gender.Think it's in America but could be here as well,kids will get bullied & end up needing therapy.
Program on about it tonight. BBC 2 I think, at 9pm.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 5:48pm
Why can't these cranks let their kids grow up normally and choose their own path in life when they are old enough to do so. They are not gender nutral, they are male or female !
Posted By: cools Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 6:18pm
I won't be watching it, no wonder kids are confused and messed up!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 6:57pm
Why can't these cranks let their kids grow up normally and choose their own path in life when they are old enough to do so. They are not gender nutral, they are male or female !
Suppose it depends on a persons definition of 'normal'.

Most people will grow up and choose their own path,of course they will.

I don't thinking gender neutral means living as non-male or non-female? Stupid notion.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 7:03pm
Stupid notion because I am not as clever as you think you are?.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Stupid notion because I am not as clever as you think you are?.
I never said nor insinuated that. smack hand
Posted By: casper Re: Clark's shoes - 16th Aug 2017 7:53pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Originally Posted by venice
[quote=Dilly]They might even change the name to

Koranation street smile

Clever word play Dilly !

Rename the Rovers Return as "Allahs Second Coming" [/quote

Or it could even be Mohameds Return, the café could be Rajahs Rolls.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral