Forums
Posted By: venice Stinks - 7th May 2017 6:46pm
Stinks.

NHS Contract Awarded To Private Firm Despite Rival Bid Being "£7 Million Cheaper"

Private company Alliance Medical beat an NHS bid to win a contract to provide cancer scan services across the North West of England. Conservative MP Malcolm Rifkind sits on the board of the private bidder.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/solomonhughes/nhs-contract-stoke?utm_term=.pmBrqO2kE#.ouOR89Q7Z
Posted By: casper Re: Stinks - 8th May 2017 8:06am
Well now there's a surprise!! first in the queue, getting ready for the great Tory sale of the century, a country where everyone is equal, but where some are more equal than other's.
Posted By: granny Re: Stinks - 8th May 2017 8:24am
well, to be truthful Alliance Medical is a large and proven business.
To have a new founded group from an area of badly proven NHS practices within their NHS health service, is not something I would wish in treating my health.

Alliance have all the scanners, mobile scanners, staff to maintain etc. etc. and have provided a service alongside the NHS since 1989. Why would the NHS want to start out and waste money in these certain regions to start a business of such magnitude, when one is already operational and very successful.

I have seen Alliance Medical on Wirral roads for years. Maybe because I live near a hospital.

It seems to me that someone is making a mountain out of mole hill , which appeals to some at this point in time, but maybe not so much to cancer sufferers, when the service is already a proven success and reliable.

We wouldn't know if Staffordshire Hospital's venture would be as successful. That to my mind is trying to encroach into the private sector, by setting up competition. If the money is short, and a service cannot afford to be operated successfully by the NHS, it just seems like another white elephant.

https://www.alliancemedical.co.uk/who-we-are/our-story

I don't see Malcolm Rifkind on the board.

Posted By: granny Re: Stinks - 8th May 2017 8:35am
Plus, the NHS option was to operate a service across 5 areas; Cheshire, Lancashire, Staffordshire, Shropshire and Liverpool.

Alliance Medical operate a service throughout the UK.

So in contrast, it would have been the Cheaper Option by a long chalk.

The article linked by yourself Venice, was 2015.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral