Forums
Posted By: fish5133 And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 11:17am
Another one down.

Entertainer Ronnie Corbett, best known for BBC comedy sketch show The Two Ronnies, has died aged 85.

His publicist said: "Ronnie Corbett CBE, one of the nation's best-loved entertainers, passed away this morning, surrounded by his loving family.

"They have asked that their privacy is respected at this very sad time."

Corbett was one of the UK's best-loved comedians and along with Ronnie Barker, their double act was one of the most successful of the 1970s and '80s.
Posted By: Mark Re: And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 12:29pm
85 its a good innings.

All these childhood faces on the tv popping off. Im getting old.
Posted By: granny Re: And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 4:03pm
More sad news.

He gave us many years of happiness and laughter, something that seems to have disappeared in recent years.

Saturday night entertainment at it's best.
Posted By: Dilly Re: And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 4:31pm
The fork handles sketch is an absolute classic. Rip.
RIP Ron xx
R.I.P Ronnie Corbett
Posted By: Anonymous Re: And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 4:57pm
Had the pleasure of helping to caddy for him in 1982 at a pro/am at the Royal Liverpool Hoylake. My dad won a competition at his golf club and the prize was cadding for the 1 st 9 holes for a celeb. It was Ronnie Corbett.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: And Its Goodbye From Him-- Ron Corbett CBE 85 - 31st Mar 2016 4:58pm
Sorry posted too soon, I was 15 and he was a lovely man.
Nice one lollipop..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral