Forums
Posted By: Mark Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 8:30am
One of Britain's most admired but, at times, most controversial politicians dies at home aged 88 surrounded by his family.

Source
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 10:21am
I did not often agree with his views but I sort of liked the controversial old bugger. At least HE BELIEVED totally in what he said and he stuck to his beliefs over a lifetime. May he rest in peace and may his family cherish his memory

Snod
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 11:03am
withthat I agree entirely with you Snod. Not my politics either, but I did admire the guy. I used to like listening to his diary tapes. On R4 a while back. Just told it as it is. He was the nearest thing to an "honest politician" I've come across.

RIP Tony.
Posted By: granny Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 11:25am
Probably one of the most dedicated and not a career politician.

Never agreed with his principles or ideology really.

He will be remembered and yes, he contributed a great deal throughout his whole life.

Sympathies to his family.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 2:09pm
I Agreed with most of his views and so did my family.

Very sad news.

R.I.P Tony
Posted By: philmch Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 4:58pm
RIP. Although I rarely agreed with him he was certainly a man of honesty and conviction. He was worthy of being PM. I take my hat off to him.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 8:46pm
Bit bog eyed this morning and was clapping my hands with glee till i looked closer at the surname.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 9:54pm
I didn't agree with his politics but he was a powerful figure. He might have been more successful if he'd been less extreme.
Posted By: Helles Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 14th Mar 2014 10:00pm
Blimey, didn't realise there were so many Tories on here. The guy was one of the most honest, sincere politicians you could ever meet. Don't forget what he was born into and he could have just been like the rest of the silver spoon mob yet he had principles, but above all cared. RIP.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 15th Mar 2014 1:33am
Well said Helles, Tony Benn was one of the few politicians with integrity. He said what he believed and i for one believe he meant what he said. Im not gullible and didn't agree with everything but i feel he was on the right track. R.I.P.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 15th Mar 2014 8:11am
Originally Posted by Helles
Blimey, didn't realise there were so many Tories on here.

You didn't have to be a Tory to be to the right of Tony Benn.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tony Benn: Dies Age 88 - 15th Mar 2014 8:18am

no freakin comment
© Wirral-Wikiwirral