Forums
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/...utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring
Lets guess, anyone think you will get part months refunded or purchase part months when you buy a vehicle?

That will bring in a fair wedge.
What a load of crap, this will mess it up for everybody, buyers and sellers alike!

I sell all my cars WITH tax, you gotta be a real sad act to take the tax off when you sell your car.

This is beyond a joke, all they have to do is produce a website like the MID for instance so people can check to see if it is taxed or not.

In my opinion this is some kind of scam ONCE AGAIN another money making scam by the system.

When i buy a car i wanna drive it away there and then not a couple of days later.

IDIOTS!!! mad
I thought it was illegal to drive a car on the road without Tax. If so, If I buy a car how do I get it home?.
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
I thought it was illegal to drive a car on the road without Tax. If so, If I buy a car how do I get it home?.

Exactly.

priks they are, just messing it up for everyone.
Posted By: TheDr Re: private motor vehicle sales remove the tax first - 16th Jan 2014 11:00pm
To me I just see it as a free for all for the ringers or copy-cars.

All they'd have to do is look in Auto-Trader or EBay for the same make/model, it'll tell you how long the MoT is for, quick check on MID to make sure it's insured and order a set of plates for next day delivery.

If you thought uninsured cars were bad now just wait until they don't need a Tax disc in the window.
I forgot to mention... If I go buy a second hand car off Joe Blogs In Little Sutton, I wont be able to tax it as the records will show its already taxed. It wont show as not taxed until the seller informs them otherwise and then goes through the motions, which will take how long?. Sellers are only interested in the money for the car and have always been slow to send in the log book/slip back if at all. If the cars tax only has weeks left on it the seller might not do anything about it
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
I forgot to mention... If I go buy a second hand car off Joe Blogs In Little Sutton, I wont be able to tax it as the records will show its already taxed......

Strangely (as they make a double months payment out of it) you CAN tax a vehicle that is already taxed.

I have taxed vehicles both online and at Post Offices before that have still had tax on them (over a month) but have needed to be taxed early and the new disc covers a month (or more) that has already been paid for, never a question.

If you tax a vehicle that has a break in the tax without a SORN (where they'd MISS a month) then you're asked lots of questions and warned that you could be penalised for it.
First question on the on line site to get car tax..

Does the V5C registration certificate hold your current address? Please note, this service cannot change your address.

If you just bought the car and you answer no, you cant get taxed.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral