Forums
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 4:45pm
Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 4:46pm
That's very sad to die so young. She was very talented.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:00pm
Who cares?
Put some decient news up mad
Posted By: johncon Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:05pm
waste of a life but not surprising
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:06pm
They tried to make her go to rehab but she said no no no. And now she has ended up dead did too much blow blow blow
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:08pm
too young to die!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:13pm
Originally Posted by Bonzo
They tried to make her go to rehab but she said no no no. And now she has ended up dead did too much blow blow blow

clap nice one bonzo.

If it were jimmy Birkenheader bag head you'd all have different things to say init?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:17pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Bonzo

clap nice one bonzo.

If it were jimmy Birkenheader bag head you'd all have different things to say init?

im surprised she lasted this long,
Posted By: ponytail Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:22pm
what a shock... i loved her music... guess she wasnt destined to live a long life... God bless ya Amy xx
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:26pm
Sad news, drugs are baddd mkayyyyyyy
Posted By: dave_g Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:44pm
[quote=Bonzo]They tried to make her go to rehab but she said no no no. And now she has ended up dead did too much blow blow blow

clap nice one bonzo.

nice one!
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:45pm
I think they should release pics of Amy Winehouse dead (if her family agree) as a warning to all teenagers about the dangers of drugs.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:49pm
Originally Posted by dave_g
[quote=Bonzo]They tried to make her go to rehab but she said no no no. And now she has ended up dead did too much blow blow blow

clap nice one bonzo.

nice one!

very true, we all say we hate smack heads, and bagheads, i do anyway, just because she is in the lime light, people looked up to her
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:52pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
I think they should release pics of Amy Winehouse dead (if her family agree) as a warning to all teenagers about the dangers of drugs.
ye let's put pics up anyway, leave the body for 24 hrs or so and take pics of where the body was smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 5:55pm
sickipedia site has had a meltdown
Posted By: TheDr Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:09pm
Originally Posted by beer_money

Well everyone knew it was just a matter of "when", all the jokes were on "speed" dial for when it happened (sorry, only thought of that as I wrote it).
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:14pm
Originally Posted by TheDr

Well everyone knew it was just a matter of "when", all the jokes were on "speed" dial for when it happened (sorry, only thought of that as I wrote it).

some one said she was singing the O D COKEY this morning raftl
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:17pm
the bag joke was a good 1 on sickipedia
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:19pm
the bag joke was a good 1 on sickipedia

thanks beer-money for letting me know about that web site, very very funny
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:21pm
Pete Doherty? How is he still going??
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:22pm
if your easily offended don't go there lol
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:22pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Pete Doherty? How is he still going??

hes in nick i think
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:24pm

if your easily offended don't go there lol

yes please keep clear, its ok if you like a good crack raftl
Posted By: Volly Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:28pm
let's hope she gets what we all want her to get for christmas ................................

pete doherty
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:29pm
smile

Attached picture funnypicturessaynotocratv4.jpg
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:31pm
The sicki site has actually overloaded and crashed!
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:36pm
Amy Winehouse fled her Camden home earlier this year, claiming it was haunted by the hideous ghost of a dead boy.

Strangely enough, she never seen it again once her friends removed all her mirrors.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:38pm
lol
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:38pm
Amy Winehouse fled her Camden home earlier this year, claiming it was haunted by the hideous ghost of a dead boy.

Strangely enough, she never seen it again once her friends removed all her mirrors.

ghost who are ya
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:44pm
Next one: last for now I do have a bit of sensitivity.

Amy Winehouse's death is very sad news

Well sad for her local Offy, police and where ever she brought her mascara - could be thousands out of a job. Luckily it makes no difference for the trade for local hairdressers.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:44pm
'beehive' yourselves smile
Posted By: Silverback Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:46pm
ye let's put pics up anyway, leave the body for 24 hrs or so and take pics of where the body was smile

Sounds like a splendid idea, why stop just at her, why not all who die from the drug trade.

Users, dealers, alledged drug enforcers?

All equal under the needle.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:48pm

Well sad for her local Offy, police and where ever she brought her mascara - could be thousands out of a job. Luckily it makes no difference for the trade for local hairdressers.

raftl
Posted By: Snickas Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:55pm

raftl

I'm pretty sure Insette (the ones who do spiky hairspray) will lose out in profit.
Posted By: Necronuss Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:55pm
Well done daily mail, there are 90 something people massacred in Norway, all of them innocent, most of them children, however you choose your headline to be the death of a smackhead bitch who had it coming. Well done you plonkers.
Posted By: Necronuss Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 6:57pm
Just witnessed the horrible site. The lifeless body, the big teeth, the distinctive 'horse' look and the fatal needle next to her. You may not have finished the King George Stakes at Ascot but your always a winner in my eyes. R.I.P Rewilding...
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:01pm
Originally Posted by Necronuss
Well done daily mail, there are 90 something people massacred in Norway, all of them innocent, most of them children, however you choose your headline to be the death of a smackhead bitch who had it coming. Well done you plonkers.

they are all the same, showbiz 1st, joe public LAST
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:05pm
Just witnessed the horrible site. The lifeless body, the big teeth, the distinctive 'horse' look and the fatal needle next to her. You may not have finished the King George Stakes at Ascot but your always a winner in my eyes. R.I.P Rewilding...

Very funny I do like that one.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:05pm
Even though I made jokes about her I do feel sorry for her parents, it must be horrible to watch one of your children destroy themselves.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:08pm
RIP Amy,a very troubled soul.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:13pm
Sky News now saying suspected drugs overdose.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:18pm

REALLY.....Ya Think....
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:21pm

REALLY.....Ya Think....

What makes them think that?

raftl
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:24pm

REALLY.....Ya Think....

no way, ive had to pick myself up off the floor, an overdose, i need a drink, Jim Beam and .... raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:32pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead

REALLY.....Ya Think....

no way, ive had to pick myself up off the floor, an overdose, i need a drink, Jim Beam and .... raftl

Amy Winohouse....Drugs Overdose.....Dead.....Ya realy think so??
id be surprised if she died any other way!!!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:43pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Originally Posted by lemonhead
[quote=dizdazdoz]Sky News now saying suspected drugs overdose.

REALLY.....Ya Think....

Amy Winohouse....Drugs Overdose.....Dead.....Ya realy think so??
id be surprised if she died any other way!!! [/quote]

i know its sad, but what about the 90 plus people that have been murdered in Norway, she wasnt murdered
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:45pm
My dyslexic mate just rang an told me
there's been a death at an Army
Warehouse somewhere in London
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 7:54pm

amy winehouse is dead, but where is everyone when a soldier dies, they might get 5 mins on the news, not like her all high lighted for about a month in every news paper on every news chanel, all because she was famous, but a soldier fights for our shitty country and gets fook all, shocking
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 8:03pm
I think the point he's making is there's 98 now dead in Norway and this shitty paper is posting about this trainwreck. Not to sure the soldier analogy applies. They know what they are signing up for.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 8:07pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
I think the point he's making is there's 98 now dead in Norway and this shitty paper is posting about this trainwreck. Not to sure the soldier analogy applies. They know what they are signing up for.

they sign up to fight for our country, not be be shot fooking dead,

Posted By: DavidB Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 8:57pm
Does that mean she'll now become a 'musical legend'?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 9:01pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
I think we're all far too cynical for that kind of behaviour these days...
Posted By: DavidB Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 9:04pm
Best coverage I've seen regarding Amy Whitehouse's death:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 9:06pm
Originally Posted by DavidB

i dont mind what they call her, is that what they call rock and roll, im down off my soap box now busted
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 23rd Jul 2011 9:51pm
te=DavidB]Does that mean she'll now become a 'musical legend'? [/quote] This has been on the cards since she was about 19 years old .What a waste of a talented life ,Too much too soon I suppose .I feel for her parents they have tried so hard to help her she`s one of many now in the 27 club
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 24th Jul 2011 2:24am
Have I missed something? Has a 27 year old died? Was she troubled? Addicted?

Yes she did ultimately bring it on herself, and when she first tried drugs it was a conscious decision but it's still desperately sad that she was so beyond help.

I feel for her family and friends who will forever be wondering if they could have done.

I met her 2 years ago, she was in the room next to me when I was in St Lucia, she looked lost then, stared through you rather than at you, spent her time at the bar and had a similar pot belly to a malnourished African kid.

However, a lot of your arguments are valid, with the rest of the shit going on in the world, this shouldn't be front page news.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 24th Jul 2011 7:52am
AmyWinehouse will now become the latest member of "27 Club." Other celebs to die at 27: Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin. What a waste.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 24th Jul 2011 10:02am
Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in the individual pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors. The addiction is characterized by impairment in behavioral control, craving, inability to consistently abstain, and diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships. Like other chronic diseases, addiction can involve cycles of relapse and remission. Without treatment or engagement in recovery activities, addiction is progressive and can result in disability or premature death.

From the American Association of Addition Medicine

Some may find the inclusion of the words 'chronic disease' in that statement challenging. It suggests that this situation happens to an invidividual rather than being a part of their free will. After all, no one consciously, willingly catches cancer.

Nevertheless, addiction is a disease of the 20th/21st century. Like many other diseases, there are cures. But at the end of the day an invidividual needs to make the conscious decision to accept treatment and persevere with it.

I think in the situation of Amy Winehouse, her family were doing what they could for her, but she had too many dirty, evil 'friends', who kept her in a state of weakness - supplying her with any drug she desired at the time.

At the end of the day, she had a disease, but chose not to receive the cure and stick with it. She chose not to turn her back on the people who helped her slowly poison herself.

We are born with free will. We die with free will.

This Sunday sermon is over. crazy

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 24th Jul 2011 10:21am
My opinion is that it's not so black and white.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 - 24th Jul 2011 12:31pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
......Snip......

withthat

[youtube]3mJweU5y0ZM[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral