Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 8:21pm
A Christmas card has been withdrawn from two Tesco stores in York after complaints that it makes fun of children with ginger hair.

The card shows a child with ginger hair sitting on the lap of Santa Claus, and the words: "Santa loves all kids. Even ginger ones."

Davinia Phillips, 30, of York, whose three daughters are redheads, said she found the card offensive.

Tesco said it was sorry if the card had "caused any upset".

Ms Phillips, of Dringhouses, York, spotted the card while visiting her Tesco store in the city's Tadcaster Road.

She said: "I picked it up and I couldn't believe it.

"I just thought 'What is so funny about that?' I didn't really get the joke.

"I thought I would buy it, because I wanted proof that I had seen it."

Ms Phillips, herself a natural redhead, added: "The more I thought about it, the more annoyed I got and I told the lady who worked in the store I was not happy."

'Absolutely disgusted'

When Ms Phillips returned to the shop later that evening she said the card had been removed.

She added that the card had also been withdrawn from the Tesco branch at Clifton Moor, York, after her sister-in-law complained.

"I thought maybe it was just me because I am a mother of kids with red hair, but a lot of my friends and other people I know, we are absolutely disgusted," Ms Phillips said.

It is never our intention to offend any customer and we are sorry if this card caused any upset

Tesco spokesman
"Society comes down hard on how people look and there are so many children these days who are bullied because of how they look.

"If the card had been about an overweight child then the shop would have been shut down, and so would the people who made the card."

THE BBC

Attached picture ginger kid.jpg
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 8:24pm
hahahahhaa madness
Posted By: Stacey Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 8:27pm
:-o lol .
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 8:33pm
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
hahahahhaa madness
withthat
Posted By: jimbob Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 9:35pm
How many members are old enough to remember the days prior to all this political correctnes
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 10:21pm
I'm guessing most people now days lack a sense of humor.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 10:46pm
Does seem strange on both sides.
Imagine putting 'Santa loves all kids. Even black ones' on it! Quite funny though.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 10:51pm
we have a ginger kid, and me an my wife find it funny actually.

TBH i just think its a plot to try and get compensation, in this silly world!
Posted By: Volly Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 11:11pm
It's all just Political Correctness Gone Mad!!

FFS! it was only a joke.

What's wrong with the world these days?

It would have got a complaint even if it said Blonde hair, Brown hair, Black hair, No hair e.t.c.

It's just idiotic red tape taking over normal every day life as it usually does.

Oh, and for the record - I think ginger kids should be banned from celebrating christmas - they are obviously evil and the spawn of the devil oshocked whistle laugh
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 11:53pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
we have a ginger kid, and me an my wife find it funny actually.

TBH i just think its a plot to try and get compensation, in this silly world!

Yeh, strange how she went back to the shop later on the same day, if she was that bothered by the "insult" she would've boycotted the place.

I don't see anyone complaining about blonde jokes, maybe the blondes don't get the jokes tho pmsl.
Posted By: Volly Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 11:56pm
Originally Posted by bobi1

I don't see anyone complaining about blonde jokes, maybe the blondes don't get the jokes tho pmsl.

TRUE!!!

ha ha ha
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 15th Dec 2009 11:59pm
well; said bobi smile
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 12:05am
Here's a blonde joke 4 ya

http://failblog.org/2009/05/20/attempted-murder-fail/
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 12:10pm
It's a joke stupid! I get Scouse jokes all the time, email, personally, telephone you name it. It gets on your tit a bit but some of them are funny, that's life. I'm glad I'm not ginger though.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 1:13pm
To be fair I would complain about that card.. £1.50 what a rip off...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 1:30pm
[Linked Image]

I'm beginning to wonder if that could be one of our wiki members think There's a resemblance about the hair raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 2:11pm
...could well be... think

Attached picture 23062009116.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 2:15pm
Which one?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 16th Dec 2009 2:23pm
Hmm, maybe not - that kid on Santa's knee just isn't Tefal enough raftl
btw did your Mum cut your fringe with a butter knife? think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 17th Dec 2009 2:54pm
Only ginger cos mums ate too many bags of Wotsits when they were pregnant.

It's a true fact.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 17th Dec 2009 3:17pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
How many members are old enough to remember the days prior to all this political correctnes

ME ME ME!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 17th Dec 2009 3:42pm
[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 17th Dec 2009 3:53pm
lol
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Tesco apoligies over ginger jibe.. - 17th Dec 2009 5:43pm
ME ME ME too!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral