Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 11th Dec 2020 10:52pm
1000 tests done in Wirral on Monday the first day of mass testing. No appointments necessary.

You just need a mobile number or email address to register when you arrive. If you use reading glasses take them with you. If you do not have a mobile number or email address you will be asked to call 119 to get your results.

This mass testing is only for people showing no symptoms.

If you do have symptoms then self-isolate as should others in your household, if you are concerned with your symptoms or need advice phone 111, if somebody is seriously ill (especially a child under 5) phone 999.

If you need help of any sort phone 0151 666 5050

https://www.wirral.gov.uk/covid-19-testing/covid-19-tests-people-who-do-not-have-symptoms

Mass testing sites, all of which are open from Saturday onwards.

The Floral Pavilion, New Brighton 10am to 7pm
(last test at 6:30pm)
7 days a week

Greasby Library 10am to 7pm
7 days a week

Eastham Library 10am to 7pm
7 days a week

Birkenhead Market 9am to 5pm (last test at 4:30pm)
Monday to Saturday
Closed Sunday
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 11th Dec 2020 11:15pm
1,030 tests were performed on Monday.

1,994 tests were performed on Tuesday with 3 positive results.

2,083 tests were performed on Wednesday with 8 positive results.

1,931 tests were performed on Thursday with 10 positive results.
Posted By: casper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 13th Dec 2020 4:13pm
Apparently the quick tests are only picking up 51 odd% of infections, I attended hospital recently and had my third test, this time it was administered by one nurse showing the other the correct way, nearly threw up on the throat one then came the snozzle she stuck it up my poor old conk and turned it around 10 times, i actually commented that it hadn't been done to that degree before and she said well that's the correct way.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 14th Dec 2020 12:06pm
Originally Posted by casper
nearly threw up on the throat one

That's what I don't like about these tests.
I retch everytime I brush my tongue when doing my teeth, never mind touching my throat.
Had a camera down my throat once and thought I was going to die, haha!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 15th Dec 2020 9:03pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

I wonder if that could be something to do with the weekend and the incubation period. People mix a bit more at weekend and it takes 4 days or so to incubate ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Dec 2020 3:32am
Some slight changes to the opening hours for test centres.

Floral Pavilion, New Brighton 10.30am–6.30pm, 7 days a week
Greasby Library 10.30am–6.30pm, 7 days a week
Eastham Library 10.30am–6.30pm, 7 days a week
Birkenhead Market 9.30am–4.30pm, 6 days a week (closed Sundays)

There was a little misunderstanding on Tuesday the 15th leading to mass test centres closing earlier than anticipated.

In the first week (Mon 7th to Sun 13th December) we had 11,743 mass tests conducted producing 57 positive results. The busiest test centre was Greasby Library with the Floral Pavillion not far behind, followed by Eastham Library then Birkenhead Market (which had much less opening hours than the others).

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Dec 2020 3:41am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

I wonder if that could be something to do with the weekend and the incubation period. People mix a bit more at weekend and it takes 4 days or so to incubate ?

People are more likely to mix longer with more people at work and school. I guess Its just the type of people that wanted to be tested first that gave the increasing profile. It carried on increasing through the rest of week 1.

I'm not sure how soon after infection the result would give a clear positive on these tests. its probably a pretty inexact and highly variable figure if there is an official one, I'm not going to hunt through the data sets for it.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 15th Jan 2021 5:56pm
Covid Symptom-Free testing is now by appointment only.

To book a test visit https://liverpoolccg.enterpriseappointments.com/v2/#book/count/1/provider/any/

For symptom free testing you probably need the last item (Wirral Lateral Flow Testing)?

Personally I find this online booking system appalling and there should be a phone number to make bookings.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Jan 2021 9:56am
It seems that symptom free testing is only available to key workers and their household.

'By ticking this box, you confirm you are an essential worker or unpaid carer and are eligible to be tested by this service'

'You have been invited to undertake a Covid-19 priority antigen test because you or someone in your household is a key worker'
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Jan 2021 1:56pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
It seems that symptom free testing is only available to key workers and their household.

'By ticking this box, you confirm you are an essential worker or unpaid carer and are eligible to be tested by this service'

'You have been invited to undertake a Covid-19 priority antigen test because you or someone in your household is a key worker'

That box is so that key workers are given priority, if you don't tick it then should put you on normal priority.

As I said, I think that booking system is extremely poor, the explanations are very lacking.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Jan 2021 6:03pm
A red star next to it normally means a required field doesn't it?

I'd have to agree, that site is poor. It still has Bidston Station on there.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Covid Mass Testing - 16th Jan 2021 9:04pm
I think that was messed up and the incorrect link given on the Wirral Live website, the following website is more likely to be the correct one for an appointment for symptom free testing....

Go to the bottom of the page.

https://www.wirral.gov.uk/covid-19-testing/covid-19-tests-people-who-do-not-have-symptoms
© Wirral-Wikiwirral