Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 10:04am
Whats happening here? I notice the gasholders are being demolished and assume this is part of the same development.

Has anything been published about what has been planned here?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 11:49am
http://iondevelopments.co.uk/projects/birkenhead-gateway-site/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/big-plans-site-old-birkenhead-13869768
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 1:50pm
I saw those, but they are pretty well information free.

The railway lines shown going straight through a concrete wall seem to me an indication that it was not meant to be taken very seriously.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 2:06pm
You haven't come across the ultra low density concrete made out of calcium nano-tubes?

I know its only a name but I don't like "Ion" compared to "Neptune". Either way at least its not Peel Holdings doing this development which is good.

There was a larger article on these proposals somewhere that I read, I'll keep my eye out.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 3:10pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I saw those, but they are pretty well information free.

The railway lines shown going straight through a concrete wall seem to me an indication that it was not meant to be taken very seriously.

I think there called sidings !!..

Wouldnt at least surprise me if Peel Holdings and others are not linked in some way.. Rebranding. Looks posh though...will they name one Ilchester Spheroid. Project will get shelved after Council spends another fortune and then we can all blame Brexit...Enough cynicism for 2018..promise to be good.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 5:15pm
Neptune generally had been quite reasonable, Peel Holdings can't be held in the same league, they are middlemen who lever money/property out of all parties.

Despite Peel Holdings getting a huge gift of an enormous amount of land they have achieved very little on the Wirral and are now increasing the footprint of Wirral Waters so they can list other projects under that title.

Peel have cost Wirral and other local authorities a lot of money on future designs without there being any certainties of anything coming from those plans.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 7:38pm
Pretty odd sidings. The rails go right through the wall! No buffers. Mind you, the trains would have a struggle staying on lines that are not parallel too.

I think its just a scrappy bit of CGI cobbled together to stick in an ad. to impress the punters! You can put good money on it looking nothing like the picture, that's for sure!
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Ion Development near tunnel entrance - 6th Jan 2018 8:22pm
Buy a piece of scrap land for buttons. Get your mates at Wirral Gentlemens Club to give planning permission. The land has now significantly increased in value on paper. Show the paper to Hong Kong brothel keeper who wants to invest in Wirral Vision (artists impression) stick two noughts on the number of jobs created (vision) get another wad from the EU and local quangos. We have been in THAT tunnel for a long time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral