Forums
Posted By: Mark bus driver video ranting at passenger - 3rd Nov 2014 10:00am
The man was told 'Shut your face – you got on the wrong bus' - a driver has since been suspended.

A bus driver has been suspended after being filmed ranting at a passenger.

Epilepsy sufferer Shea McSorley, 24, boarded the number 101 Cumfybus on Wednesday shortly before 5pm at Queens Square, on his way home to Walton.

He said there was a confrontation after the driver turned up his radio, sang loudly and shouted at a woman.

During part of the confrontation the bus driver left his seat and walked down the aisle to remonstrate with Mr McSorley.

During the argument the unnamed bus driver told him: “Shut your face – you got on the wrong bus. Shut your mouth, don’t be giving me grief.

“You’re going to make a complaint about me? Do I look bothered? You listen to me, this is my bus.”

Cumfybus transport manager James Mitchell confirmed to the ECHO that he was looking into the complaint.

He said: “A driver has been suspended and an investigation is now being carried out.”

Source Click me
Posted By: Mark Re: bus driver video ranting at passenger - 3rd Nov 2014 10:01am
The few bad spoil it for the good drivers out there.
But in my experience you can get rude bus drivers.

I always say thanks when i get off the bus.
Posted By: justice Re: bus driver video ranting at passenger - 3rd Nov 2014 10:36am
I would be very concerned about a driver being sacked on the evidence of 3 minutes mobile phone footage. If I was scared of a driver I would get away quickly and not stand taking pictures.
I think that this driver has either been set up or driven to distraction by this passengers actions.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bus driver video ranting at passenger - 3rd Nov 2014 7:14pm
all busses have cctv on as far as i am aware.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: bus driver video ranting at passenger - 3rd Nov 2014 7:29pm
They do, but can only be used as evidence for whatever the reason is for having them, as described on a notice within the bus.

ie a camera that is for 'passenger safety' - footage should not be used as evidence that the driver was smoking in his cab, for instance.

Posted By: Rambo Re: bus driver video ranting at passenger - 14th Nov 2014 10:00pm
Not all busses have CCTV. It costs about £1000 per bus to install so some of the smaller companies haven't got all their busses cammed-up yet.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral