Forums
Posted By: johnny Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 9:22am
Additional Comments removed (Off topic)
Nothing to do do with "Travellers" link to original article

Link to the Globe Click

Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 10:02am
withthat withthat
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 11:21am
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 11:57am
2 things (initially)

1: so they make cold calling illegal, fine. but who will police it? the merseyside police??? because then we'd have umpteen threads on here about the police not catching other criminals and instead driving round looking for cold callers. it's an unenforceable law and as such will never be passed.

2: yo umake it sound that all travellers are bandits, they're not, i've met a fair few and i have to say nearly all of them have been nice and honest people. some travelling communities are different to others i accept but that's in the same way that African tribes differ from each other. it's what they're taught, so if a travelling community has been doing so for say 150 years then the original group have died and there are at least 3 generations below who mould the behaviours in a way they see fit. so if the original founders say "take only scrap metal that has been clearly abandoned and only contact people seeking work" then later generations may twist that to mean "take all metal that has been left and knock round people and see if they need work doing" very much in the same way that the Catholic religion isn't now what it was 1500 years ago, same as the Muslim one and Sikh and the such. the longer things go on for, the more the generations play 'chinese whispers'

i'm not saying every traveller is a angel, but not every human is an angel either.

your blatant judgement and borderline racism scares me and i hope to god you sort it out
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 12:30pm
First post edited.
Link provided and Ref to Travellers removed (off topic).

This topic is "Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs" wink
Posted By: johnny Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 20th Feb 2014 1:17pm
my judgement is based on personal experience ...a lot closer than i care to divulge on here
everyone has an opinion yours is clearly not like mine, thats as it may be but my opinion is mine and im entitled to it
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral cowboy builder gets 2yrs - 21st Feb 2014 12:33pm
Cheers mark
© Wirral-Wikiwirral