Forums
Posted By: kevinhit The old Mount Primary School site - 22nd Feb 2013 9:42pm
Just read in the planning section of local paper, that 32 flats in 2 blocks are to be built on the school site......
I wouldnt be very happy if I lived there for traffic reasons.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 22nd Feb 2013 10:41pm
It seems to be what they're doing to all the old school sites. I got a leaflet through my door to say they're building 30 houses on the old park/poulton primary site but can't find any planning permission
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 22nd Feb 2013 11:38pm
Are they WPH?? If they are smaller flats then would make sense with the bedroom tax coming in. Just a thought..
Posted By: j_demo Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 23rd Feb 2013 12:49am
dont think theyre WPH, the ones on the old victoria hotel site are going to be WPH which is going to be wonderful for this neighbourhood... and one of the the last remaining half decent roads in new brighton (warren drive) is going to plummet in value... yay...
Posted By: jen8505 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 23rd Feb 2013 1:21am
The ones on the old park site are leasowe community homes. Apparently its just a proposal at the moment. Theres a consultation between 4 and 7 on 27th feb about it
Posted By: Wally1 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 23rd Feb 2013 1:59am
On Wirral Planning site it says the developers are Wirral
Methodist Housing. Plans available on site.
Posted By: saltytom Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 23rd Feb 2013 7:56am
Another rental ghetto
Posted By: smiler123 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 23rd Feb 2013 9:59am
it states block A is for people with learning difficulties and block B is for the over 55's

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/D...NAME=Root.PgeDocs&TheSystemkey=90331
Posted By: arwen444 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 24th Feb 2013 10:38am
i rent my home and wph are one of the toughest landlords , you cant rent if you have a criminal record or you get i trouble while you are in there houses your out.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 24th Feb 2013 4:02pm
Flats everywhere.

Don't they thing the population of Wallasey is at an all time high as it is?

Put a cap on it!
Posted By: arwen444 Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 24th Feb 2013 8:54pm
i agree, how are we supposed to build communities like it used to be with a mix and range of people when they are going back to the sixties and seventies and putting up flats everywhere. i have lived in my house for years and only know one person in the road as they are all flats where people come and go
Posted By: Capt_America Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 24th Feb 2013 10:47pm
The local council encourages as many flats to be built as possible. More residents = more council tax money.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 25th Feb 2013 11:32am
I noticed that most of the comments are from Wallasey, well I pass that site regularly and I think that flats or whatever would be better than just a stupid green fence!

As for house prices! Get a grip will ya! People have a right to live and work in all areas and whether your house price goes down then tough!

We also dont live in the 60's,70's,80's,90's or even the 00's any more so move with the times people!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 25th Feb 2013 2:05pm
Building Mount Primary, 1952
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 9:10am
Who in their right mind would want a block of people with learning difficulties built anywhere near them?

The local shop will be made up.
Posted By: rossie Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 12:01pm
I can assure everybody that I am in my right mind. I. would be delighted if. a block of flats for people with learning disability was in my area. What would be the problem. They are no different to anybody else just have problems with reading and numbers.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 12:19pm
Yeah right...
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 12:47pm
it amazes me how many people on here are plain and simply....

bigots !

I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES !

the site gets worse by the day, doubt ill log on here any longer

Mark can you delete my account please
Posted By: rossie Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 1:27pm
To Jabber you need to stay on it is important for people to contradict ridiculous bigoted posts.
I agree that some posts are sickening and I suspect that many others feel as you and I do.
You are not alone.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 2:43pm
People are entitled to their opinion jabber, don't take it personally.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 3:58pm
Don't leave Jabber. All it needs for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing ( or leave Wikkiwirral ).
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 2nd Mar 2013 9:13pm
I agree with rossie. Dont go jabber.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 4th Mar 2013 11:20pm
learning disabilities could be another name for 'probation', or ex 'offenders' or recovering alcoholics? just a thought
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 4th Mar 2013 11:50pm
Hopefully no-one with learning disabilities on here reads kevinhits post....
Posted By: poodlepup Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 12:09am
Unbelievable comment...wiki is getting worse !!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 12:51am
I just read MadonnaFans post. No wonder jabber is annoyed
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 6:42am
Originally Posted by kevinhit
learning disabilities could be another name for 'probation', or ex 'offenders' or recovering alcoholics? just a thought

Quite.

That was my thought.

Less of the ex offenders too... anyway I;m quite openly a NIMBY.
Posted By: rossie Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 10:15am
Re Kevinhit
Sun could be another name for moon,day could be another name for night but neither are correct and it is absurd to say learning disabilities could be another name for anything else.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions but when such opinions have no basis on fact and they cause great hurt to numerous members of this forum I think it is time for the moderator to step in.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 10:45am
Originally Posted by MadonnaFan
Originally Posted by kevinhit

Quite.

That was my thought.

Less of the ex offenders too... anyway I;m quite openly a NIMBY.

And you have every right to be.

People are taking it the wrong way, what if it were in another area?

I'm sure that would raise objections.

Anyway chill out people, it's just a discussion so don't be offended.
Posted By: rocks Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 10:52am
well i hope for everyones sake if some of you have no children yet you all get healthy happy ones...... reality is something else tho
Posted By: kevinhit Re: The old Mount Primary School site - 5th Mar 2013 10:31pm
You have all taken my post the wrong way. I wasnt implying that people with learning disabilities are ex offenders etc, I was saying that it could be the developers way of getting round it by saying that and then putting a bail hostel in there or something! I would never insult anyone with a disability.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral