Forums
HORSES at a Wirral sanctuary were traumatised when a 20-strong gang of vandals poured petrol over boundary hedges and set them alight.

"Horse Sense Wirral" owners Amy Parker-Radley and Shaun Pirie said the arson attack has greatly distressed their animals.

Amy said: “I’m hoping there are a few parents out there who will have noticed their kids coming home smelling of burning that night.

“I hope they get in touch with police and hand their kids in because I’d like to know who did this.

“The horses are petrified because of what’s happened.

“One of them has had a traumatic past and has taken what happened very badly.”

A police spokesman said an investigation is underway and house-to-house inquiries have been made at nearby properties.

The blaze was extinguished by a fire crew from Heswall.

The Irby-based sanctuary is home to eight horses. Fortunately, none of them were injured.

The cost of the damage is estimated at around £600.

Anyone with information about the incident, which happened on Thursday, September 29, should call police on 0151 709 6010.
Source
What goes on inside these feckwits heads????
Sick barstards!!! I know what I'd like to do to them!! I hope the horses don't end up fearing all humans frown
withthat

frown
irby? just shows you it doesnt matter where you live these days, lets hope they get caught
stick these yobs/baskets in a metal container take it out to sea then throw it over the side. problem solved they wont come back!.OH sorry i might infringe their human rights! posting this! AND the horses dont have a right to live quiet/happy and to be looked after lives.WELL they do have rights!!.
Just horrible!!! Hope they get found out, not that they will get much in the way of punishment which is a shame.

Get yourself some good CCTV and a few large warning signs hopefully stop the little s##ts And will not break the bank too much
Thats just horrible, I hope all the horses are ok
WTF??
This really saddens me to hear this.
Poor defenceless animals..
Makes my blood boil,id love to kick the living daylights out of these oxygen thieves.
Absolutely sick!
IF they are found they'll probably be too young to be identified, their parents will get a consultation (who'll probably want to know why the police aren't out catching real criminals & murderers) and that'll be the end of it.

If any do get convicted for reckless endangerment, arson, animal cruelty or trespass, they may get a tagging order which they can wear as a token to brag about and show off to their mates.

However, at the taxpayers expense, there is an alternative which would provide free clothes, free travel & accommodation, free meals, free flights, free adventure trips....
.....temporarily enroll them in the TA for 6 months, pack them off to Afghanistan, put them in hi-viz 'Community Payback' jackets, give them a little bit of training and then send them out defusing any improvised explosive devices or other tricky ordnance the Regulars come across.

If they get back to the UK, they really WILL have something to brag about to their feral 'mates'.

Nahh....just dreaming!
Where did they get the petrol from?

Surely somebody in a petrol station would have noticed a gang of twenty with a jerry can before they turned on the pump, and it won't have been long before either, gangs of young lads would tend not to store petrol.
Just after the riots you had to get a constable to be there at the garage to check you out if you wanted to get petrol in a container.

As regards Manowar1952 post - would you like to have them guarding your back.

Make them the new "forlorn hope"
I wouldn't have them guarding my back or that of my mates, but I'd gladly allow them to walk ahead of them as IED detectors smile
I wouldn't like anyone at the back of me wearing a hi-viz jacket! 8^p
SICK mad makes my blood boil! what is this world coming too!! poor horses! really hope they catch the feckers! do the same to them as they did to the poor horses!!!!! mad somad
little barstard, it's because they're from irby that they can afford the petrol!
Who said they were from Irby ? Who ever they are need a short sharp shock It wasn`t that long ago that some ... bags set fire to Tam Oshanty`s farm ,could it of been them ,either way i would be first inline with a bat
If there were 20 of them then surely they must've been local, couldn't see 20 yobs moving great distances without being noticed, especially of they were carryig petrol cans. Goes to prove that shoit can come from anywhere, they're living amongst us.
There must have been a witness/witnesses to what happened to say there were about 20 lads who did it.
Is the place where it happened in an out of the way place?
Could someone put a map up of where it is please
© Wirral-Wikiwirral