Forums
Posted By: Anonymous police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 5:35pm
high speed police chase going on down new brighton front and vittoria road, the car just seems to be staying round new brighton, taking cops on wild goose chase
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 5:36pm
I wondered what all the racket was raftl Thanks for that Willo smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:01pm
It's crashed. Wallasey Village. Carnage.
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:04pm
Gutted frown That's going to be a lot of paperwork!! Hope no innocent members of the public have been hurt.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:05pm
Flaming hell. I hope theres no innocent casualties.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:06pm
Not quite sure why you found this amusing, Wench?
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:09pm
I didn't find the crash amusing if that's what you mean. It was merely the fact that not a minute before I was wondering what the racket was.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:11pm
OK a bit unfortunate that rolling on the floor laughing smiley huh.
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:12pm
Indeed. Unfortunately I didn't know that 25 mins or so later it was going to crash frown I can easily get Jase to remove said smiley if it offends anyone.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:13pm
Whereabouts in WV, Alex? Anyone?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:14pm
I took this picture at such an angle so as to not get the injured people being treated behind the Astra. It looks to me like there may well have been some innocent casualties but it also looks like the people being treated were girls no older than 14.

Not one to speculate, so I won't, but I can't imagine the car was being driven by it's owner...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Not quite sure why you found this amusing, Wench?

cops chasing cars IS hilarious....
until someone gets hurt...but by the sounds of things no one has...so whats the problem???
Originally Posted by Mother_Goose
until someone gets hurt...but by the sounds of things no one has...so whats the problem???

ahh didnt see the last pic...

prehaps not quite so funny
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:17pm
I hope none of the innocent parties are badly hurt frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:17pm
Ps. now's the time to carry out any murders or robberies as I think every single police car on the Wirral is out there and the road is closed from Leasowe roundabout right up to The Farmers.

whats the harm...like I said it amusing...or otherwise 1000s of hours of police camera action footage wouldnt be watched by millions of people all over the world...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:20pm

whats the harm...like I said it amusing...or otherwise 1000s of hours of police camera action footage wouldnt be watched by millions of people all over the world...

Police chases on their own are humorous, it will have been humorous for the people on the prom watching 10 police cars chase a car round in circles. What isn't funny is what happened next.
Originally Posted by Alex85

Police chases on their own are humorous, it will have been humorous for the people on the prom watching 10 police cars chase a car round in circles. What isn't funny is what happened next.

Well exactly...Wench wasnt to know that was gonna happen...and therefore quite reasonable to observe that its funny plod cant catch a couple of car theives in this day n age!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:24pm
I agree. Wench only had the info in the first post to go off.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:27pm
Originally Posted by Wench
I hope none of the innocent parties are badly hurt frown
yerr mate withthat
well wrongly or rightly i kind hope the little fuckwits driving did themselves some damage..may teach them a lesson not to nick nice peoples cars!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:37pm
This whole incident goes to show that anyone who thinks a "high speed police chase" is anything but deadly dangerous and liable to end in loss of life, obvously hasn't taken part in one or the results of one. What are you, 12? Yes people are morbidly facinated by them but the last word I would use to describe themn would be "amusing" or "funny". Grow up people this is Wallasey Village not L.A.
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:43pm
Well I can say that I have taken part in the results of them - too many times than I care to remember!! That's why I have NO sympathy for those who are driving the cars that don't stop for Police due to whatever reason.

The sympathy I DO have is for those who are innocent and the members of the emergency services who have to pick up the pieces!

Those of us that deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis develop what we call "mortuary humour". It's how we cope. If we didn't deal with life and death this way, we'd soon lose the plot and wouldn't last long at all!!
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:44pm
Apparently guys the car that was responsible was stolen from Manchester and the driver jumped out an legged it! Thats why the helicopter was out but i believe they caught the ... bag.
Source of info from an eye witness.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:53pm
You two stop arguing like a pair of bum boys.

Alex, well done mate, good reporting. happy

That looks like Aaron's civic type R.

So friggin glad I fell asleep and didn't goto blockbuster then, that's were I normally park omg
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:55pm
I have no problem whatsoever with you Wench! I know that you 'got' the point earlier. I also know that at that time you had no way to know this would happen (hence the use of the word 'unfortunate'). It was the later comments - just crass. Especially with a picture in front of us of someone being treated for injuries, lying on the pavement.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 6:57pm
I was playing tennis at the time and the sirens went on for ages then the chopper came out so I went and investigated. Didn't expect to find what I did.

People were everywhere.

I hope the innocents are OK and I also hope that the hearsay above about them catching the ... are also correct.

I love wiki for this instant reporting so that's why I felt I had to do my wiki duty!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:02pm
Thank you Alex - indeed you did a brilliant job and with respect. Can't ask for more than that.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:12pm
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:16pm
Originally Posted by Steve123
Get wench off this fooking site she's a muppet

Someone could of been killed an she's moaning

bit harsh mate is there a problem?

if the possibility of a death scares you, then I suggest yourself and CV quit attempting to bore us to death with superior morals.

(am I allowed to write that CV?)
Posted By: ASE71 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:18pm

I hope all involved are ok.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:21pm
Bloody he'll that looks bad!! Waste of money having all the police there tho!! Worse than the fire service
I've just been down to cost cutters to get some beers and it's definitely all go down there!

Someone in there said they'd followed them from ?Manchester? / ?Chester? and there'd been some shooting going on?
The black car with the blue lights on it are undercover police. Which isn't normal for a car chase.
Posted By: TheDr Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by wallaseyjohn
The black car with the blue lights on it are undercover police. Which isn't normal for a car chase.

It can be if they were following them on the motorway as has been suggested. Either they could have been the lead car until marked vehicles caught up or the marked vehicles could have dropped back, leaving the unmarked car (with lights off) to keep pace with it, which hopefully would slow down as the pressure of being chased dropped.

There are a number of unmarked traffic units on the Wirral, and these have pursuit trained drivers in them (advanced drivers), which many standard patrol drivers are not. Blue lights, sirens and big reflective signs alone don't make you invincible, or give a 100% that everyone else will see you and move out of the way.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 7:58pm
nothing funny about some poor sod having there car nicked and crashed by some toe rag,, proberly there pride and joy smashed up and no way of getting to work tomorrow
Posted By: TheDr Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:05pm

Once again you need to read everything, and properly, WENCH made a comment long before there was a crash, just (as she puts it) Morgue Humour. If you've ever held someones hand seconds after a crash and told them that everything is going to be fine despite you having their "grey matter" on your shoes and knowing they only have minutes or seconds left and that these will be the last words they ever hear, you tend to develop a thick skin, it doesn't make you insensitive, you just see things at a different angle.

The crash tonight was bad, it would appear that nobody was seriously hurt, but at the time of the comment there hadn't even been a crash it was just a keystone cops round and round the roundabouts exercise.

You appear to have a bee in your bonnet about WENCH, that's the second time in 24hrs you've had a go at her, your other post was to ask for a carrier bag full of condoms......I think the jokes write themselves here smile
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:06pm
"Please be respectful towards topics of local news. Remember there could be a family grieving right now. Or unaware of a loved one being injured. Only when we are fully aware of the facts can we truly form an opinion. Local new is Local News."

Calling that "superior morals" all day long won't make it so.

WTF Steve123's beef is with Wench, I have no clue and has nothing to do with anything I wrote.
Originally Posted by TheDr

It can be if they were following them on the motorway as has been suggested. Either they could have been the lead car until marked vehicles caught up or the marked vehicles could have dropped back, leaving the unmarked car (with lights off) to keep pace with it, which hopefully would slow down as the pressure of being chased dropped.

There are a number of unmarked traffic units on the Wirral, and these have pursuit trained drivers in them (advanced drivers), which many standard patrol drivers are not. Blue lights, sirens and big reflective signs alone don't make you invincible, or give a 100% that everyone else will see you and move out of the way.

You seem to know a lot about this. You're not 'one of them' are you Doc? laugh If so, my brother would like a job.

I wonder if this is in anyway linked to the two helicopters being out yesterday.

The only thing amusing about this is how you could end up chasing someone around New Brighton, there's only about two ways off the prom!

I really do hope anyone involved is okay. It's one thing to ruin your own life. An entirely different thing to park your car into some kids.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:21pm

The only thing amusing about this is how you could end up chasing someone around New Brighton, there's only about two ways off the prom!

4 but i'm just being fussy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:23pm
Hmm... 5. I'd be off up the prom towards Vale Park and then you can take any one of the roads up to Seabank!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:25pm
Trust you!
But to get to those you need to journey through builder land, and their comedy sized speed bumps from taking the tarmac up. tease

It'd have been amazing if they'd backed a JCB over them as they went past.
Originally Posted by Alex85
Hmm... 5. I'd be off up the prom towards Vale Park and then you can take any one of the roads up to Seabank!

I've seen a similar amount of police down at Vale Park.

My brothers and I go out at 3 or 4am and drive around talking.

We go down there quite often. One night, the place was absolutely packed at that time. No idea what they were doing, but they didn't have their lights on, or stop us.

They have stopped us before for going round and round in circles at that time in the morning.

"What you doin' lads?"
"Going in circles"
"Not drunk then? {checks car for drugs and beer cans with torch whilst chatting}"
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:51pm
Why would you be doing this?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 8:57pm
All seems quite weird, most normal people are asleep at that point - but at the same time I enjoy drives at random times.

No wonder the police think it strange.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:00pm

99% certain the undercover car wasn't there when I was there, so for some reason it turned up later.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:01pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Why would you be doing this?

If your referring to wallaseyjohns post on driving round in the early hours we do it because it's fun & it's good to have the whole road to yourself grin

Just been to blockbuster for DVDs, apparently the bargain booze was held up at knifepoint just after this happened but that could just be street talk.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:07pm
Thanks Ste, it just sounded odd to an oldie!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:11pm

Never grow old wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:14pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Never grow old wink

Agree! Some of the times of the day and night I've gone for a blast would raise the eyebrows of any plod!
Yeah... as ste said, it's nice just gliding round the empty hills with the clutch in and the car making no noise. And to get out into the quiet.

I used to do it at university as well, go out and glide around in the silence on my bike at night.

I think the police are interested because there's only one or two cars out, and one of them keeps showing up on the CCTV going round and round. Which usually means the person is drunk or delivering something naughty.

There have been a number of police cars going past with their sirens on since my first post - there have been two since I started typing this post. Didn't see anything on North West Tonight though.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:27pm
So if I go out in my Micra in the early hours, just gliding with the clutch in, the police will just ignore me?
Posted By: TheDr Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:34pm
There have been a number of police cars going past with their sirens on since my first post - there have been two since I started typing this post.

It's a Bank Holiday, Tesco AND Asda are both closing rather than staying open all night, so the Doughnuts are on Special Offer smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:34pm
So if I go out in my Micra in the early hours, just gliding with the clutch in, the police will just ignore me?

Lol, what you like?
Be spontaneous, you should get up one day and think "I'll go for a drive to Wales", grab a couple of CDs and go. smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:38pm
Be spontaneous, you should get up one day and think "I'll go for a drive to Wales", grab a couple of CDs and go. smile

Late at night/early hours, The HorseShoe Pass or The Great Orme, nothing like it...

Growing Old is Compulsory

Growing Up is Optional
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:39pm
Ahh, the Micra only takes cassettes, but I think I could go for that!
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:40pm
The police are still there in force!!
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:40pm
I have no problem whatsoever with you Wench! I know that you 'got' the point earlier. I also know that at that time you had no way to know this would happen (hence the use of the word 'unfortunate'). It was the later comments - just crass. Especially with a picture in front of us of someone being treated for injuries, lying on the pavement.

Which later comments? The ones about having no sympathy for those that steal cars and injure themselves? It's true - I don't have any sympathy for them. I DO however have a hell of a lot of sympathy for the INNOCENT people that get caught up in it along with the members of the emergency services that have to deal with the aftermath!! I do believe I've already said that in much earlier posts.

1) What is your problem??
2) What was I moaning about?

Bloody he'll that looks bad!! Waste of money having all the police there tho!! Worse than the fire service

Of course it is - because you'd only need one officer to take details of any witnesses and one either end of the road to stop the traffic from contaminating a "crime" scene don't they. They're there for a reason. What's the obsession with money? As for the Fire Brigade - what's your issue with them? Did they knock you back for a job or something?

Originally Posted by 1971efc
nothing funny about some poor sod having there car nicked and crashed by some toe rag,, proberly there pride and joy smashed up and no way of getting to work tomorrow

You're quite right - nothing funny about it at all!! Nowhere did I laugh about that.

It depends how often you do it. They've only stopped me once and I'm out at all hours.

They might stop you and ask what you're doing but they won't be bothered so long as you're not doing anything illegal <---- so long as you're not slurring and the car doesn't stink of weed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:44pm

Late at night/early hours, The HorseShoe Pass or The Great Orme, nothing like it...

Growing Old is Compulsory

Growing Up is Optional

Went the horseshoe pass last Monday, brilliant place, also went to the old abbey just down the road from there, it's not too far either.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:44pm
Oh well that's the end of that then!
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:56pm
Wench this site Is so people can express there own opinions an tell other people about things that have gone on!! So don't get up tight am only saying what I think I don't care what you think just live with it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:58pm
The police are still there in force!!

I reckon there's more to this than a police chase and a car crash with no injuries...
Posted By: Volly Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 9:59pm
Loads of police still there ( can see out of my window, lol )
There have been a number of police cars going past with their sirens on since my first post - there have been two since I started typing this post.

It's a Bank Holiday, Tesco AND Asda are both closing rather than staying open all night, so the Doughnuts are on Special Offer smile

Ha ha! I have seen them in Tescos getting stuff as well. I didn't check if there were any doughnuts going though.

You should check out youtube for videos of tesco's dealing with scallys. They obviously send some of the staff on special training things to deal with it. If someone starts going off on one, it's not just the security guard who deals with it. About ten members of staff instantly turn up and surround it all.

I've seen a few funny things in the Bidston tescos.
Posted By: Wench Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:00pm
It is indeed, you're quite right. I have been doing exactly the same, yet it seems that your vitriol is aimed solely at me (and the fire brigade). Seeing as I don't know you from Adam I just find it a bit strange that you can't seem to help yourself.

If you don't "like" me or my posts, then feel free to click "ignore user".

Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:03pm
Noo its not you am just passionate about my opionions sorry don't mean to upset anyone!! Let's hope everyone at the crash 2day comes out alive
Posted By: wallaseyjohn Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:04pm
Originally Posted by Volly
Loads of police still there ( can see out of my window, lol )

Take a photo!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:05pm
Chill Stevie lad! Have a beer. Worry about things that actually matter!
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:08pm
I bet the lads who own the curry shop aren't happy!! I've just walked passed an it's all taped off an you can't get down there ooppss, there was someone with a very big Camara might be some sort of news paper
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:13pm
Hmm why would they do this if it was as cut and dry as it should be?

Look forward to hearing more news on this.
Posted By: wallaseyjohn Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:14pm
I bet the lads who own the curry shop aren't happy!! I've just walked passed an it's all taped off an you can't get down there ooppss, there was someone with a very big Camara might be some sort of news paper

You know that's going on the news!

And if the lads are on the ball, they'll get a picture of the curry shop on there.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:22pm
Just hope everyones ok from the astra!! Sure we will find more in the echo or Wallasey new on Wednesday/Thursday
Posted By: chriskay Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:26pm
Noo its not you am just passionate about my opionions sorry don't mean to upset anyone!! Let's hope everyone at the crash 2day comes out alive

Don't mind you being passionate about your opionions (sic), just try to be less offensive to other posters please.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:29pm
Will do mate sorry!! Just forget am on here at times, don't want to offend anyone this site is for all of us to stick together an find out what's being going on. Sorry all I was out of order looking back on what I said
Posted By: Oddone Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:43pm
FYI - It was a Police Chase ie, the Police were chasing the suspect vehicle, Therefore it will be deemed as a POLACC (Police Accident) Because the Police were directly involved it will also be passed onto the IPCC (Independant Police Complaints Commission) for further investigation. So in order to prompt an effective investigation they will be there for as long as needed to obtain all available evidence to prove who was at fault.

Also the Unmarked car can be used in Pursuits its just better for all to have a marked car take the lead in any action for reasons of Safety.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:51pm
Thanks for that mate!! Makes sence having so many cars now
Posted By: Oddone Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 10:54pm
Another one to add is if the incident was classed as an LTP (Likley To Prove Fatal) as in the worse case scenario. It would also have a full turn out and an enforced closure to protect the scene for an investigation by both the Traffic Collision Unit and a Scenes of Crime Officer.

I know only what ive read on this forum, so i am not aware nor am i saying that this is an Fatal Incident.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 11:30pm
Just driven past, all is clear now smile
Posted By: nicky Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 25th Apr 2011 11:58pm
Just heard from a friend on facebook that it was a mum n baby involved in the crash. The mum broke her foot but the baby is fine! Lad stole the car in manchester and has now been arrested.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 2:34am
Originally Posted by Oddone
FYI - It was a Police Chase ie, the Police were chasing the suspect vehicle, Therefore it will be deemed as a POLACC (Police Accident) Because the Police were directly involved it will also be passed onto the IPCC (Independant Police Complaints Commission) for further investigation. So in order to prompt an effective investigation they will be there for as long as needed to obtain all available evidence to prove who was at fault.

Also the Unmarked car can be used in Pursuits its just better for all to have a marked car take the lead in any action for reasons of Safety.

Of course, makes perfect sense, thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 2:41am
Originally Posted by nicky
Just heard from a friend on facebook that it was a mum n baby involved in the crash. The mum broke her foot but the baby is fine! Lad stole the car in manchester and has now been arrested.

Good news, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 7:35am
Is it still closed off I wanna go down that way to get the paper
Posted By: polo_phil Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 7:44am
Ste said it's open....

Saw the helicopter and the closed road about half 7 yesterday. Wondered what was going on!
Liverpool Echo this morning;

A SIXTH-MONTH-OLD baby was among those hurt after a suspected stolen car crashed while being pursued by police.

Police started to follow a red Honda Civic just before 6.30pm yesterday, after spotting it was being driven “suspiciously” along Seabank Road, in Wallasey.

The driver failed to stop and made off at speed towards New Brighton.

With the police in pursuit, The Civic continued to travel at speed and eventually collided with two other vehicles, a moving black Vauxhall Astra and a stationary blue Nissan Primera, on Leasowe Road.Š

Paramedics were called and two women, aged 18 and 19, from the Honda Civic car were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure suffering from neck and back injuries.

The driver of the vehicle and the two women have since been arrested on suspicion on theft of a motor vehicle and failing to stop.

A 27-year-old man and woman and a sixth-month-old child from the Vauxhall Astra were also taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

The man and the child have been since been released. The woman is to be examined, but her injuries are thought to be minor.

The scene was cordoned off for examination and an investigation is under way.Š

The three arrested remain in police custody and the matter has also been referred to the force's Professional Standards Department.

Both the Astra and Honda remained strewn in the middle of the road last night.

A witness from nearby Liscard said the airbags of both cars had gone off and said the cars were “a write- off”.

The police are keen to hear from anyone who may know where the vehicle had been, up until the collision, or who may have been driving it.

They should call 0151 777 5771 or Crimestoppers.

THE ECHO
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 8:43am
Got there before me. Just picked the Echo up now and spotted it. Glad everyone seems ok!
Posted By: mark1970 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 1:41pm
The poor family! I thought the Police were supposed to abandon a pursuit in the interests of public safety if this sort of thing if likely to happen?
The punish should be farther kids to kick the driver in the balls a few times, on a big stand; in new brighton.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 2:46pm
Then throw rotted apples at him.
Posted By: TheDr Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 4:47pm
Originally Posted by mark1970
The poor family! I thought the Police were supposed to abandon a pursuit in the interests of public safety if this sort of thing if likely to happen?

The thing is, no-one knew what was going to happen, and that's the problem, when a pursuit is initiated (and lets be realistic, they DO have to happen otherwise all you have to is travel at 35mph and you'll get away), the problem arises when no strategy is in place to END the pursuit, which needs to be there from the beginning, otherwise all you are doing is driving fast and waiting for something to happen.

Police pursuits are dangerous, to the public, to the (alledged) criminal and for the police. More people die each year in police related pursuits than in shootings, now this is a shocking figure, but they are very different things.

Chasing motorcycles (especially those with no headgear) or children/young drivers in stolen cars will very often be abandoned if the risk outweighs the crime. If they've just held up the local bookmakers with a gun they'd be followed a lot longer than if they'd just hotwired a 20yr old Ford Escort (unless it was mine, then the ends of the Earth aren't far enough away:) )

Pursuit trained drivers can call off the "chase" themselves, although the duty insp can give authority for a pursuit to be made/continue it is the driver who can ultimately say enough is enough and stop (although if he is told to stop and doesn't, THAT can, and will, lead to action being taken against him/her).

When a pursuit is abandoned you don't just slow down and drive normally you have to SHOW that it is over, blues and twos go off and you pull over to the side of the road, and stop.

It's dangerous, it's scary, the adrenalin levels go up, but if criminals run away what are you meant to do ?
Posted By: oitsnik Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 26th Apr 2011 4:57pm
How about use the Force helicopter allowing plod to drop back so the braindead driver hopefully slows down he will eventually stop and do a runner at some point anyway and its not easy hiding from the helicopter job done well in theory!
....Nick.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 9:57am
A MANCHESTER man has been charged with driving offences following a car crash on Leasowe Road , Wallasey Village on Easter Monday.

Zabair Akram, 24, of Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Swinton was arrested following the collision and has since been charged with dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, driving without insurance and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.

He will appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court this morning (Wednesday).

Two women aged 18 and 19 who weer also arrested in connection with the incident have been released without charge.

A 27-year-old couple and their six-month-old baby travelling in the car struck by the vehicle Akram is alleged to have been driving needed hospital treatment.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: leelad03 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 10:08am
link wont work frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 10:15am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8995222.Man_charged_with_dangerous_driving_and_failing_to_stop/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 10:16am
Fixed wink
Posted By: leelad03 Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 10:19am
thanks laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 12:09pm
Posted By: Hurty Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 12:09pm
Seen the chase in person had to mount the kerb as he was doing well over a ton towards me, knew he was going to crash
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 27th Apr 2011 2:59pm
Jesus scary thoughts, people like him need locking up and the key throwing away, they have no consideration for anyone and its pathetic.

Top sleuthing though Jase!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 1st Jul 2011 11:42am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...r_containing_nine_month_old_baby/?ref=mr
Posted By: Snodvan Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 1st Jul 2011 12:43pm
FAR to light a sentence in my view.

Given his record we can almost guarantee he will offend again with another driving offence

What sentence would be appropriate? Humm - unfortunately they have stopped deportation to the Colonies and anyway why should they have to suffer. Mind you, there can't be much opportunity for road rage/ speeding in the Falklands. I am sure there are some unused ex-military instrallations that could be adapted as an open prison. Human rights? Lack of family visits? They can visit if they want.

Snod
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 1st Jul 2011 2:38pm
the thing about the Falklands is that if you go off the road there you end up in a minefield (the road into Stanley from Mount Pleasant) so it could be a good way of getting rid of mad gits.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: police chase/car crash. Wallasey Village - 1st Jul 2011 5:27pm
The thought had crossed my mind !

A bit of work experience in minefield clearance would be an appropriate part of the sentence anyway

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral