Forums
Posted By: Tilly Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 1:16pm
.....after norovirus outbreak

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...fter-norovirus-outbreak-100252-28076151/

feel sorry for the nursing staff/porters and cleaners

Posted By: MissGuided Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 1:34pm
again...
Posted By: sean Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 1:53pm
i haven't been able to visit my old man in there now for 2 days
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 2:06pm
I went there yesterday (Friday, 5.30pm) for a scheduled scan appontment - and Mrs went with me. We did not see any signs indicating restrictions on visiting

Snod
Posted By: carole696 Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 3:29pm
oh no not again my daughter was meant to start her nursing placement here just after xmas she done 2 days then had to stop because of swine flu etc she was given vacination and i ment to start agin on monday its not good this vomiting bug is nasty realy hope she doesnt bring it home to us ;(
Posted By: jimbob Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 9:11pm
The outbreak is in the comunity of the wirral area more so than the hospital, thats the main reason for stopping people visiting patients in the hospital. My wife has been in there for 6 weeks now and if she catches this i dont think she would be strong enough to get over it.
Posted By: kermit Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 29th Jan 2011 10:36pm
There is also some of the DME wards that r closed to visitors, its the patients I feel sorry for as if its not bad enough bein stuck in hospital and you look forward to the once a week visit from the long lost granchild who lives the other part of the country for them then to be told that they cant see them awww and the care of the elderly is about to get worse as well
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 30th Jan 2011 12:59am
well how come the hospital hasn't stopped people smoking outside of the main foyer? surely these people meet the general public. i went there a week ago at 11pm because kidney stones were giving me jip, i got out at 2am and patients were outside in night stuff having a fag! banish them to the wards!
Posted By: cindi Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 30th Jan 2011 1:27am
i can see what everyone is thinking,,its really sad, with all the banning of visitors to the hospitals,but surely the safety of the patients is better,lets face it,,as someone has already said,that,if a person comes in contact with any kind of bug,then its going to be passed on to another,maybe them who are recovering from an operation or something
Posted By: cindi Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 30th Jan 2011 1:29am
I DONT THINK SMOKING OUTSIDE OF ARROWE PARK IS THE MAIN COURSE OF CONCERN
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 30th Jan 2011 1:33am
very poor hygiene measures in that hospital i woudn,t send my dog there
we need the good old fashioned matrons back to sort the nurses and doctors out because they are still not washing their hands inbetween patients and most of the toilets on the wards are filthy
thats my two peneth worth
Posted By: nodding2 Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 30th Jan 2011 1:39am
people shouldnt come in when they are coughing all over the place...they should stay at home
Posted By: jimbob Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 31st Jan 2011 6:46pm
Has any one got any update regarding visiting, it was been reviewed at 5pm today.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 31st Jan 2011 6:59pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
Has any one got any update regarding visiting, it was been reviewed at 5pm today.
Still suspended. Should be reviewed again tomorrow (1/2/11) at 5pm.

Source: http://www.whnt.nhs.uk/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 31st Jan 2011 7:07pm
hospital closed because of the sick, lol
Posted By: jimbob Re: Arrowe Park hospital bans visitors.... - 31st Jan 2011 7:09pm
little_pob. thank you for the info, have saved the link. Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral