Forums
Posted By: Wheels Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 8:29pm
A YOUNG family is appealing for the return of memory cards containing pictures of their daughter’s birth, stolen while they slept on Saturday night.

Emily Dejon-Stewart, 32, woke up on Sunday morning and went about her usual routine. But she soon realised something was amiss.

Emily, who lives in Tranmere with her disabled partner and their two-year-old daughter, told the News: “I went downstairs and the door was open and the light was on but I didn’t think anything of it.

“I ate breakfast and then about 20 minutes later I realised my bag had gone.

“Then I realised my laptop, engagement ring, digital camera, my partner’s Danish passport and iPod had all been taken.”

Emily, a trainee solicitor, thinks the thieves must have forced the front door in the early hours and helped themselves, while they slept upstairs.

She said: “My first thought was realising they had come into the house while we were upstairs and then just the sense of a complete invasion of privacy.

“I’m just glad my daughter hadn’t gone downstairs – to think what could have happened.”

Emily called the police, who began investigating while she took stock of her family’s losses.

Her partner suffers from muscular dystrophy, forcing him to stay housebound and his computer forms a vital link to the world.

And the couple soon realised precious pictures and video footage of their daughter’s birth was on the camera’s memory card and the only back up was on the laptop, which was also stolen.

And so Emily, who originally hails from Paris, is appealing to the thieves’ better instincts and asking them to return the memory cards.

Emily said: “Just keep the camera but give us back the memory sticks.

“We have got video footage and pictures on the digital camera and computer which we are never going to be able to replace.”

A spokesperson for Merseyside Police said: “House-to-house enquiries are underway and CCTV is being examined from the area.

“An investigation into the incident is ongoing.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

-------------------------------------------------------

I have just been and sorted out the cctv for police to collect tomorrow. here is some footage.

[youtube]TkM8M6S5Qak[/youtube]
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 8:38pm
gutted for them mate! frown ... bag low life
nice cctv mate cool
Posted By: Wheels Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 8:55pm
I'm really pi s s ed off with this and will kill the f u cker for not letting my family sleep safe at night.
Posted By: cathie Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 9:03pm
so glad I have a dog that goes nuts if someone comes near the doors at that hour of the morning
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 9:12pm
Gutted for the family! Absolute scumbags,who did this, hope they rot in Hell!
Posted By: cookie Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 9:33pm
thanks for putting this up wheels as i can see maybank from mine. also know what its like as we were broken into at night when we lived in maybank too, a few years bk.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 9:48pm
Nice CCTV matey, hope you won't get into trouble for putting it up.
Posted By: kermit Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 9:52pm
oh my god the poor family hope they catch the ppl who done this, well thats if they could be called ppl
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 10:32pm
If we're going to have cameras watching us, surely they could use better cameras up so we could identify anybody quite clearly. The technology must be there to do it
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 10:51pm
That was a private camera and most of the degradation is down to youtube.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Tranmere family appeal - 21st Oct 2010 11:13pm
this is a neighbors camera and not fitted by be. mine is better at getting your face smile also due to technical problems the footage on youtune is not as good as the original.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tranmere family appeal - 22nd Oct 2010 12:41am
hope they get him, I think anyone the police get robbing should have all their household goods sold off. why should they have f-all.
we got robbed when we lived in Adelaide Road, Birkenhead felt like crap for weeks, and couldn't sleep thinking they be back, police pissed me off more as they said "we get lots of houses broke into around here, only lived there 6months.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral