Forums
Posted By: The_Doorman Woman dies on M53 - 27th Sep 2010 8:07am
Does anyone know about a female who jumped from a bridge last night in the Wirral area?
Posted By: ninja573 Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 8:44am
not another one
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 9:59am
We were coming home on the M53 last night at about 22.10 & approaching jct.3 we could see blue flashing lights under the bridge & the matrix sign flashing '20'.
The ambulance was stopped in the middle lane but couldn't see any police cars. We had to make a prompt exit up the slip road as there was a small queue of stationary cars in the outside lane.

Bob.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 10:34am
Found this on BBC :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-11416424

Don't know whether she jumped off the bridge or not.

Dave
Posted By: The_Doorman Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 10:54am
What bridge is it...
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 12:43pm
I think it was under the Woodchurch Road flyover northbound.

Bob
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 3:00pm
Yes it was the Woodchurch road flyover Northbound, i was up there at 1am on my bike and the pavements were cordened off with police tape but the road was not cordened off,3 police vans were at the top of the flyover and about 7 police cars and vans on the motorway undrneath with lights all flashing, i also seen an old white Transit van parked up at the side of the motorway with police tape around it so i presume, if a girl did jump off, then that van possibly hit her.

(just read the bbc news link and that confirmed it)
Posted By: DavidB Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 3:32pm

There have been a few accidents/suicides there recently, a man phoned his ex wife to say he was ending it all and drove into the bridge last year.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 3:35pm
10pm, I was in that spot minutes before this happened!
Posted By: cathie Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 4:32pm
www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8415394.Appeal_for_witnesses_after_woman_is_killed_on_M53/
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Female jumped from bridge - 27th Sep 2010 11:43pm
I was on my way home last night, there must have been 20-30 cop cars on the motor way and a loan ambulance on the bridge. I took some picks and will up load them tomorrow!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Female jumped from bridge - 28th Sep 2010 2:45pm
Isaw them putting up the witness appeal signs last night, I wonder if it was accidental or suicide? frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Female jumped from bridge - 28th Sep 2010 8:41pm
I have heard she was from newer housing area in Nocturum (Hogarth Drive etc). ALso heard it was suicide, but not from jumping.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Female jumped from bridge - 28th Sep 2010 9:20pm
There's no flowers up, there's usually at least one?
Posted By: Anonymous Woman dies on M53 - 28th Sep 2010 9:26pm

Woman dies after being hit by a number of cars on M53

Sep 27 2010

A WOMAN died after being hit by a number of vehicles on a Merseyside motorway.

The tragedy happened on the M53 in Wirral just before 10pm yesterday.

Police said the 33-year-old woman was struck by a number of vehicles on the Liverpool-bound carriageway of the motorway at junction 3 near Woodchurch.

A stretch of the M53 was closed off last night as police launched an investigation into the collision.

Officers were today trying to determine how the woman came to be on the carriageway.

All drivers stopped at the scene and were today assisting police with their inquiries.

The woman has not yet been formally identified by police.

A Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: “At this stage it is not known how or why the woman came to be on the motorway.

“We have spoken to five drivers.

“Although it is not thought that she was hit by that many cars.”

Merseyside Police today appealed for information.

Anyone who was travelling along the M53 motorway or has any information about the collision was being urged to contact Merseyside Police’s roads policing unit on 0151 777 5771.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Woman dies on M53 - 28th Sep 2010 9:28pm
Now, thats Sad. Nobody came forth to 'claim' her. frown
Posted By: uggla Re: Woman dies on M53 - 11th Oct 2010 4:17pm
I went to the funeral today and it was a good service with a huge turnout.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral