Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 29th Jul 2010 3:56pm
Liverpool council is giving a £4.5bn plan to transform the Wirral waterfront its seal of approval.

Developers Peel Holdings plan to build landmark buildings on the banks of the Mersey opposite Liverpool.

The Wirral Waters scheme includes plans for high rise-buildings, green spaces and 13,000 homes built on 1.7m sq m of land around the borough's docklands.

The planning application, thought to be one of the largest in the UK, will go before Wirral Council next Tuesday.

Council leader Joe Anderson will meet with Wirral Council leader Jeff Green and Peel Holdings' Development Director Lindsey Ashworth to discuss the plans later.

Councillor Anderson is expected to formally back the scheme.

Peel Holdings has said the development will create tens of thousands of jobs during construction, which will take about 30 years, and approximately 27,000 jobs when complete.

The company is also planning a £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme on the opposite banks of the Mersey.

The developer wants to transform the Merseyside docklands into a "waterside destination" to rival New York, Sydney and Shanghai

BBC Source
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 29th Jul 2010 4:06pm
Theres a public consultation tonight, at the Williamson Art Gallery, at 19:00, for anyone interested. It goes before the Wirral Council planning department on Tuesday iirc, in the hope of gaining planning approval.

This scheme, if it saw the light of day, could seriously regenerate a currently run-down and delapedated area of Wirral, and create enough jobs to serve our community for many decades to come. Of course its all hopeful and theoretical, but one can live in hope, and its better than the eyesore we currently have in that area, not to mention the public finances are skint so we will never be able to do anything else like this.

smile
Its very interesting to see what they have planned for the area
Video Gallery page for Wirral Waters
The planned developments are staggering, they're going to make my apartment block look tiny.
Posted By: PeteC Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 29th Jul 2010 6:57pm
Just wondering why the media are giving attention to what Liverpool Council think - since when did they ever consult Wirral council on their new buildings on the Liverpool Waterfront?!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 29th Jul 2010 8:48pm
Sounds nice. I bet £1 million it never happens.
They can give the jobs to all the public sector workers about to be binned by the government.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 31st Jul 2010 10:20pm
I'd love this (or anything that makes some jobs!) down in all that wasted land round the docs but until I see some bulldozers shifting some dirt I'm sceptical!
And if it does ever start will any jobs go to local people or feckin foreigners!!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 1st Aug 2010 2:52am
Originally Posted by DavidB
Sounds nice. I bet £1 million it never happens.

Your on.lol.
Originally Posted by AR_One
I'd love this (or anything that makes some jobs!) down in all that wasted land round the docs but until I see some bulldozers shifting some dirt I'm sceptical!

The land to the west of East Float Quay was being cleared last week........
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

Peel Holdings has said the development will create tens of thousands of jobs during construction, which will take about 30 years
i hope not!! I wanna see it and i aint got 30 years!!
30 years! Blimey! I'll be spending me pension there!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 2nd Aug 2010 10:59am
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol
Originally Posted by AR_One

The land to the west of East Float Quay was being cleared last week........

grin grin grin
Posted By: Brocks Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 3rd Aug 2010 9:02am
So in 30 years when its finished...it'll be obsolete and in need of regeneration. Liverpool 1 took less than that and it had to work around many more existing buildings.

I like what there doing with the clock tower at the entrance to west float.
Originally Posted by Brocks
So in 30 years when its finished...it'll be obsolete and in need of regeneration. Liverpool 1 took less than that and it had to work around many more existing buildings.

I like what there doing with the clock tower at the entrance to west float.

But the scale of the job is a little different.

And the clock tower is at East Float. West Float is between Duke Street Bridge and the Penny Bridge I believe.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 4th Aug 2010 11:35am
Plan approved for £4.5bn Wirral Waters development

Plans for a £4.5bn transformation of the Wirral waterfront have been approved by councillors.

Wirral Waters will include several landmark high rise-buildings, green spaces and 13,000 homes on land around the borough's docklands.

Wirral Council's planning committee gave the proposal their backing on Tuesday night.

Council leader Jeff Green said it was a "fantastic day" for local residents and the future of the area.

"We can now look forward to the site's transformation over the coming years to help improve the economic fortunes of the borough and that of its residents," he said.

'Waterside destination'

The council said it hoped work would start on the 18m sq ft scheme within the next two years, subject to approval from the government.

Developer Peel Holdings said the development will create tens of thousands of jobs during construction, which will take about 30 years, and approximately 27,000 jobs when completed.

The firm is also planning a £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme on the opposite banks of the Mersey.

It said it wants to transform the Merseyside docklands into a "waterside destination" to rival New York, Sydney and Shanghai.

BBC Source
its mind-boggling
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral Waters plans get Liverpool's approval - 4th Aug 2010 7:05pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
its mind-boggling

Stop it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral