Forums
Posted By: MrPhil Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 7:23am
Heard that maybe their has been another accident early hours of this morning on the Chester High Road near the Tudor Rose.

Botched robbery of wagons and maybe 1 death.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 7:27am
There was a chopper flying about approx 2am for quite a while!
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 7:33am
Ok...so why the road closure near the Glegg arms too? Was it related?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 7:33am
Taxi driver mention hoylake aswell?

This is just by word of mouth at the moment not a definate accounts of what has happened.
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 8:40am
Any more news on this?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 9:17am
Urgh I hope not. I have got to go that way shortly.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 9:23am
Ledsham ... "Badgersrake Lane both ways closed due to accident investigation work and serious accident, vehicle and pedestrian involved between A540 Parkgate Road and A550 Welsh Road. The A540 Parkgate Road has re-opened following an accident in the early hours of the morning but Badgersrake Lane remains closed. Diversion: Via Willaston"
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 10:34am
Is this the same thing?...

'Lorry thief' struck by vehicle
A suspected thief was struck by a stolen lorry while trying to flee from police in Cheshire.

The 34-year-old had been driving one of three lorries followed by police investigating the theft of some vehicles in Greenfields, north Wales.

He jumped out of the cab and fled when officers approached the lorries in a car park in Ledsham, near Ellesmere.

The man suffered pelvic injuries and is under arrest in hospital. The police watchdog has been informed.

Officers began following the lorries in Holywell in Flintshire after reports of the theft in the early hours.

There was no pursuit or attempt to stop the vehicles, but they were followed over the border into Cheshire.

Lorry missing

It was when the three vehicles pulled over into a car park on Parkgate Road that officers from North Wales and Cheshire approached them at about 0130 BST.

"One of the occupants of the HGVs attempted to make off from the patrols on foot and as he did one of the HGVs has collided with him," a Cheshire Police spokeswoman said.

The man, from Liverpool, is in a stable condition in hospital where he was arrested on suspicion of theft.

One of the lorries made off from the scene and remains missing, police said. Two others were recovered.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed because of the close proximity of officers at the time of the collision.

Officers from North Wales and Cheshire police are also investigating the circumstances. Inquiries are ongoing.

Source
Posted By: Brocks Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 10:59am
Bugger....Beat me to it!!!
Posted By: Neston_Vasey Re: Chester High Road Police Chase? - 13th Aug 2009 9:17pm
Well I drove past this in the morning, it was two police cars, once Volvo and one BMW marked cars with damage being loaded onto flatbed trucks (This was at 07:30)

The accident was between the Tudor Rose and Two mills.

That is all I know, I was hoping to find more here, but no such luck. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral