Forums
Posted By: MrPhil 4 People Killed in car crash near neston/heswall. - 19th Jul 2009 7:11am
Four people were killed when a car crashed into a tree in Cheshire.

The accident happened on the A450 Chester High Road near Neston in the early hours.

Two men and two women, all thought to be aged in their early 20s and from the Neston area, died in the crash, Cheshire Police said.

The road is expected to remain closed for some time while fire crews work to cut three of the victims from the wreckage. One person was thrown clear.

The car was travelling towards Wirral when the accident happened at about 0200 BST close to the junction of The Runnell.

The A450 remains closed between The Runnell and Boathouse Lane.

RIP whoever these people are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8157814.stm
RIP
RIP. Thoughts are with the families, friends and all involved.
This is the road with big signs saying how many accidents and deaths there has been isn't there. I don't see how many people crash on a wide fairly straight stretch of road. In this case, looking at the time, i suspect tiredness was involved.

Still a tragedy though. RIP
Originally Posted by peodude
This is the road with big signs saying how many accidents and deaths there has been isn't there. I don't see how many people crash on a wide fairly straight stretch of road. In this case, looking at the time, i suspect tiredness was involved.

Still a tragedy though. RIP

Late night, rain, maybe drink/drugs plus and alot of speed????

Car looks a mess on sky news.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vi...15341190_Four_Die_In_Cheshire_Tree_Smash
i drive a taxi around this area and passed the crash a few minutes after it happened and before the emergency services got there. from the state of the car it was obvious no one could survive that impact. tragic waste of four young lives. RIP.
I went through here about 1/2 an hour before this happened. Road was very slippy. Does anyone know what car it was?
might of been a Rover 214, i shall not name any names i have been given, very close to 20 years of age.
deffo a 214, road conditions were not great, bit slippy but visibility was ok. chester high road has always been a bit of a race track.
I was working last night and got called to it.
A fair bit of politics went on to decide whether it was on cheshire or us.
Needless to say it was deemed to be on Cheshire.
I saw the wreckage up close....and i couldnt even tell you what car it was.
Probably one of the worse ones ive ever seen.
People usually get thrown from the car when they havent got a seat belt on....lesson to be learnt here peeps!
Terrible. What a waste. RIP
I heard about the accident this morning at the Eureka.Whatever the cause, it's a totally tragic loss of four young lives.
"Police have confirmed that the car involved was a blue Vauxhall Tigra"

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/4...ision_on_Chester_High_Road_this_morning/
Rover 214's do look a bit like Tigras. A few years ago I once saw an Integra and another car racing each other along this road, doing over 100 mph going through red lights. I couldn't believe my eyes, they had absolutely no concern for their own lives or anyone elses.
Originally Posted by Beemertastic
People usually get thrown from the car when they havent got a seat belt on....lesson to be learnt here peeps!

Is this good or bad though, seems a bit of a lottery (I'd prefer to keep it on)? I remember when there was a bad crash on Acre Lane in Bromborough behind the Kwik Save. One kid was thrown clear and collided with a tree head first.
[Linked Image]

Wo! no That's not a Tigra!
nono truly a bad accident and a tradgic loss of so many young lives.

thoughts are with the familys involved

R.I.P people
dear god, hopefully their deaths were quick and painless.
I believe all the victims have been identified and their families informed.I'm sure everyone's thoughts will be with all the families and friends of the victims.
Originally Posted by Snooze
Wo! no That's not a Tigra!

Looks like a radio controlled car.

They've been named:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2543261/Four-killed-as-car-hits-tree.html
Im thinking possibly excessive speed played a major factor, given the stretch of road it happened along, the age group of the victims, the time of day it occured and wreckage (or rather lack of).

If thats the case, I have no sympathy for them, even moreso for anyone not wearing a seatbelt - just glad they didnt hit any innocent road users, but the poor tree!
Wow... just got back from Donington park for the weekend to find this.

Really sad news, and a lot of my mates from Neston are best friends with the victims frown
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Im thinking possibly excessive speed played a major factor, given the stretch of road it happened along, the age group of the victims, the time of day it occured and wreckage (or rather lack of).

If thats the case, I have no sympathy for them, even moreso for anyone not wearing a seatbelt - just glad they didnt hit any innocent road users, but the poor tree!

your prob right about the cause etc etc, but abit harsh to say no sympathy bud, we have all put our foot down and still do!
[Linked Image]

Is that a bass speaker box on the bottom left?
its a vibe 10x7, good speakers like.
Sh1t, just got onto who's the car is, was speakin to him last week.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4 People Killed in car crash near neston/heswall. - 19th Jul 2009 11:18pm
RIP the lot of 'em.

I see where the Rover 214 comment came from - looking at his Facebook profile, it said that John drove a Rover 214 and was into cars and 'interior mods' - he must have been going at some speed, its a 40 limit IIRC and at that speed, he couldnt have done so much damage. I just hope the families of the other victims can forgive him.

I wonder whose car it was.
Update, turns out the driver was over the limit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8678891.stm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4 People Killed in car crash near neston/heswall. - 21st May 2010 11:56am
Grrr.

^ The above is a very harsh word describing how I feel about the driver - but it was been censored.
over the limit eh, we have all drank and driven so I cant really say much other thasn what a shame and waste of life.
Did this happen in 2009 or 2010?
Originally Posted by Sanchez
over the limit eh, we have all drank and driven so I cant really say much other thasn what a shame and waste of life.

Have we??

Only very stupid people drink and drive im afraid Andy, imagine if you wre responsible for the death of a child or a baby through drinking and driving - forgetting everything else, you would have to bear that on your conscience for the rest of your life.

And not forgetting if you get caught, you can kiss goodbye to your license(and possibly your livelyhood), and say hello to £3000+ per annum insurance policies when you are finally able to drive again 12 - 24 months later...

It's simply not worth the risk. frown

Not me, feels sorry for all families who lost loved ones in this.

May be shot down but here is my view:

If the driver had survived I honestly feel that he would have been facing a charge of 3 counts of death by dangerous driving. I hate when these incidents are classed as accidents, an accident happens by a mistake, mishap or misfortune and none of these happened.

However much I feel that the driver should not be in the car I also realize that all 3 passengers decided to get in the car with a drunk driver, they were adults who made a decision and the worst happened.

I suppose I am glad that at least no member of the public who were innocently walking or driving along the road also lost their lives as four is to many as it is.
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz

Not me, feels sorry for all families who lost loved ones in this.

May be shot down but here is my view:

If the driver had survived I honestly feel that he would have been facing a charge of 3 counts of death by dangerous driving. I hate when these incidents are classed as accidents, an accident happens by a mistake, mishap or misfortune and none of these happened.

However much I feel that the driver should not be in the car I also realize that all 3 passengers decided to get in the car with a drunk driver, they were adults who made a decision and the worst happened.

I suppose I am glad that at least no member of the public who were innocently walking or driving along the road also lost their lives as four is to many as it is.

Everyone makes mistakes of one nature or another, Thats why they put rubbers on the ends of billions of pencils, we all make mistakes in life and some greater than others.....
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Have we??

Only very stupid people drink and drive im afraid Andy, imagine if you wre responsible for the death of a child or a baby through drinking and driving - forgetting everything else, you would have to bear that on your conscience for the rest of your life.

And not forgetting if you get caught, you can kiss goodbye to your license(and possibly your livelyhood), and say hello to £3000+ per annum insurance policies when you are finally able to drive again 12 - 24 months later...

It's simply not worth the risk. frown

Oh mathew, I was speaking in the pretense. My licence is to valuble to throw away over a night on the booze. And I also believe there are alot of us out there who have and still do, thats whats wrong. Just dont drink atall if your driving.
Just dont drink atall if your driving.

Wise message thier Andrew my pedigree chum!

laugh
Got the balcony open and just seen a cozza pull someone outside of my place in an 09 Clio, and breathalise him, and then they locked his car up and left in the traffic car.

Im guessing he is on his way back to the station now to take a proper breath test for evidence to be used in court?

You see, they will catch you sooner or later.
Too true, my son raftl
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Too true, my son raftl

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral