Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:44am
Liverpool school bans orange kids

TANGOED kids face being sent home from school as part of a crackdown on fake tan.

The get-tough approach will also see youngsters caked in make-up asked to leave.
[Linked Image]
The move is part of a drive to maintain high standards at the Merseyside school and is being backed by education bosses in the borough of Sefton.

Headteacher Peter Reed’s hit list includes getting tough on girl students if they regularly break the school’s make-up rules and wear “excessive” amounts of self-tan and foundation.

Parents at Deyes High School, Maghull, were informed girls should preferably not wear any make up but if they insist on doing so “it should be applied in moderation”.

He added: “In the case of make up a minority of your daughters’ attempt to use excessive amounts of foundation and tanning creams.

“I will again send home persistent offenders to correct their appearance accordingly.”

He said girls should always tie back their hair.

Also in his radar are pupils who regularly fail to bring pens, PE kit, science gear and cooking ingredients to school.

He said: “In the case of persistent offenders I will send students home to correct their uniform and to collect appropriate equipment.”

But outlining his policy, Mr Reed expressed his “pride” a significant number of visitors to the school are very complimentary about the behaviour and the appearance of your sons and daughters”.

Today Mr Reed said the warning was just a “seasonal reminder” of the school’s standards - which had the support of parents.

He told the ECHO: “Morning assembly at Deyes high school is a most pleasant occasion with most pupils in perfect uniform..

“But you are fighting fashion which is why we have school uniform. If pupils were allowed to wear their own clothing it would be a fashion parade.”

Sefton’s cabinet member for education Peter Dowd said: “Young people will always push the boundaries.

“It is a school’s responsibility to ensure they are not pushed too far.”

See Education Reporter Ben Turner take on the story on his blog at http://bit.ly/schoolassembly

THE ECHO
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 12:17pm
About flippin' time!!!

If you were found with so much as a sniff of mascara or blue eyeliner in my day you were sent to the loos to scrubb it off with loo with a paper towel!

By-eck.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 12:19pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
About flippin' time!!!

If you were found with so much as a sniff of mascara or blue eyeliner in my day you were sent to the loos to scrubb it off with loo with a paper towel!

By-eck.

Same in our boys school. wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 2:17pm
Wot makes me laff is the 'tango teens' all look the same by the very fact they all look orange and share the ' uniform look' of fake hair+ 80s headbands so theyd b better off conforming if they want to look individual.
Who am i too comment anyway? I wore my fair share of pale blue/ fushcia eyeshadow, electric blue mascara + 'ice pink' lippy. All topped off with a mick hucknell home perm! I wouldnt be told! Haha
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 3:07pm
I had a perm Rude - it failed - my hair hated the look so much it actually forced the curls out. I remember spiral perms being a big thing then. Now its back comb your hair to within an inch of its life - matted hair how sexy. I think its an attempt at Amy Haghouse.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 3:40pm
About flippin' time!!!

By-eck.

I know, the look radio active some times, lets hope they ban lads with them stupid fake diaomnd earings soon aswell !
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 5:05pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Wot makes me laff is the 'tango teens' all look the same by the very fact they all look orange and share the ' uniform look' of fake hair+ 80s headbands so theyd b better off conforming if they want to look individual.
Who am i too comment anyway? I wore my fair share of pale blue/ fushcia eyeshadow, electric blue mascara + 'ice pink' lippy. All topped off with a mick hucknell home perm! I wouldnt be told! Haha

I though you were a bloke - I guess not then or am I assuming too much blush
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 6:46pm
So Judith Charmers / Dale Winton love child would be banned from School?

Sounds fair!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 7:14pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

haha. You not the 1st. Wot is so masculine bout 'rudebox'? Thought it ambiguous myself!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 7:23pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

haha. You not the 1st. Wot is so masculine bout 'rudebox'? Thought it ambiguous myself!

It's weird you just get an image. People thought I was a guy as well smile
offtopic

Thought I'd say it before someone else did smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:02pm
I had a perm Rude - it failed - my hair hated the look so much it actually forced the curls out. I remember spiral perms being a big thing then. Now its back comb your hair to within an inch of its life - matted hair how sexy. I think its an attempt at Amy Haghouse.

Add to that the really bad hair extensions and the 3 haircuts on one head. I often feel like asking these girls where they get their hair cut* so I can avoid the place!! What IS the score with those big elastic bands they all seem to be wearing on their heads? As for the make up - there's less in Talulah's Late Lounge on a Wednesday night than on one "fashionista" raftl

*A term I use loosely. They look more like their mate has run over their head with an old push me pull me Qualcast.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:42pm
I am sure every single one of them thinks she looks absolutely gorgeous - just as me and RB did with our electric blue eyeliner, mascara and ice pink lippy. Although my eyeshadow was usually gold or a metallic lilac. I recall having jet black hair dyed and crimped to within an inch of its life too.

Oh and I now consider that being forced to wash off my fabulous make-up creations with the so-called soap in the school toilets and the drying off with sandpaper towels was actually tantamount to child abuse laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:45pm
I love that '3-in-1 hairdo' description! Lol. So true...
Southy-i fort u were a fella too!! Hahahaha (goin by 'name') pmsl x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:49pm
Lol@ crimped!!
Pmsl at crimped. Just the word -once the epitome of cool!
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:50pm
Jubbly - I too was an electric blue eyeliner and mascara with "heather shimmer" lippy. I also had the bad perm no The 80's were a very cruel time raftl

The only time I remember being "orange" was when we all used theatre foundation as it was dirt cheap in Birkenhead Market raftl I think it began with an 'L'.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:53pm
My make-up was 'whitney-how will i know'. Fair do's but just Wrong! I was a fan of 'sun in' 'cept my hair was frazzled+ orange!! No sun kissed look for me
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:57pm
And i was a white eyeliner fan-the more obvious the better?! No concept of discretion.
I used to wet me hair every break-had icy water drippin down me bak all day long but -hey! I had 'wet look' hair!!
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 10:58pm
I got my frazzled orange look courtesy of pure hydrogen peroxide from the chemistry lab in school applied neat to my fringe and left overnight while I slept. Not quite the lovely blonde I was going for. Happy days !
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:00pm
I don't think there's a colour my hair HASN'T been raftl As for styles, I went through the bob, the permed bob, the graduated bob, the inverted bob, the "Phil Oakey", the "Carol Double Decker", the "Alison Moyet" (all of them, inc full head shave and just a tuft of fringe that we backcombed left at the front), the wedge, crimping, curling......you get the picture raftl
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:00pm
I still have white eyeliner in my kit...you know....just in case.....
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:03pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Jubbly - I too was an electric blue eyeliner and mascara with "heather shimmer" lippy. I also had the bad perm no The 80's were a very cruel time raftl

The only time I remember being "orange" was when we all used theatre foundation as it was dirt cheap in Birkenhead Market raftl I think it began with an 'L'.

Leichner ! They still sell it in that shop inside the centre (the one that sells bags n stuff) Liscard and every time I go in there I completely bore the woman stupid with how That was my first ever foundation.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:04pm
Platin Eclair bleach anyone ? Only thing that ever did get my fringe blonde. I still have 'wispys' at my hairline where it snapped and never grew back frown
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:05pm
That was it!!! It was SO greasy that if you wore it on a sunny day, the sun would reflect off it and nearly blind people - then 5mins later it would literally "slide" off your face raftl It came in 3 shades - orange, oranger, orangest!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:08pm
Don't go there with the Platin Jubbly!! I didn't like it as it went too blonde so I put a Harmony Mahogony on it - for the rest of my school days I was known as Duracel raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:08pm
I forgot about the blond/ orange fringe thing! Pmsl
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:10pm
I was called 'Guinness'...and rather revoltingly...by the boys...'come-head'. After that particularly charming nickname it was back to black laugh
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:11pm
Uh oh...see how we came in here to take the p*ss and ended up laughing at ourselves ?

Excuse the quick posts I am far more used to a chatroom. I will get the hang of forums eventually..out of practice with them soz.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:13pm
Don't go there with the Platin Jubbly!! I didn't like it as it went too blonde so I put a Harmony Mahogony on it - for the rest of my school days I was known as Duracel raftl
my mum saved my life many a time with the 'coco' shade!! Damn 'sun-in' -can we sue em for self esteem issues?
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Liverpool school bans orange kids - 10th Jun 2009 11:16pm
my mum saved my life many a time with the 'coco' shade!! Damn 'sun-in' -can we sue em for self esteem issues?

Not sure about that but I should sue my own mother. Her solution was to dye my entire head blonde after the hydrogen peroxide fringe incident AND she made me grow it out. It took about a year as I had a wedge haircut at the time. The platin job was acceptable to her but ...I already said how that ended lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral