Forums
Posted By: weaver_86 vectra dash light problems - 12th Jun 2006 12:38pm
A bloke at work, told me today that when he turns the sidelights on, on his vectra, all the dash lights go off. this includes the radio lights as well. but when he turns the sidelights off again, all the dash lights come back on. he asked if i new anything about this, but obviously i don't. so was wondering if anybody here knew, or have had the same problem?
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: vectra dash light problems - 12th Jun 2006 12:54pm
iv never had a problem with mine. think i dont know what that could be mate?? a faulty connection or sumthin id say
Posted By: Scooby Re: vectra dash light problems - 12th Jun 2006 2:33pm
Okay, this will sound crazy but this is what i have found in the past.

Check all the rear lamps are operating correctly, if you put a stop & Tail lamp bulb in the wrong way then it causes all sorts of problems such as your front sidelamps coming on when you press the brake, Maybe a simillar problem ?

Failing that its an Auto Spark problem matey think
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: vectra dash light problems - 12th Jun 2006 3:01pm
yer i remember being told this, also if a bulb is out it can cause all sorts of problems.
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: vectra dash light problems - 12th Jun 2006 6:07pm
i went to the car park with him at lunch time, and had a look for myself. what the idiot had done was knock the dimmer switch with his knee! so if the dash lights on anybodys vectra go, then check that first!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral