Forums
Posted By: rossi-foci What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 11:16am
I am getting some new tyres at the weekend but need some opinions on the best tyre!

1. Toyo Proxes T1-S Click Me
  2. Toyo Proxes T1-R Click Me
  3. Yokohama A539 Click Me
Posted By: StuyMac Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 11:23am
T1-S smile

Not to sure about the "R"s but the Yokos are great in the dry but pants in the wet. They are also very soft - I managed to chew through a set in 6k miles in a diesel Sierra frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 12:11pm
having used the T1-S's i'd say go for them smile
Posted By: evo ad Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 12:18pm
I'd say go for the Goodyear F1. I've had Proxes and Yokos but these are by far the best i've had in my opinion. Not sure how long they're gonna last though.....
Posted By: Gary Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 12:52pm
me and ben have got sonti sport contact 2, they are superb, got an 8/10 in max powere and they dont wear down that quickly either
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 3:17pm
T1-R's are the updated T1-S, and from what I've heard they at least match the performance. Out of that list I'd go for them. Otherwise, if you have the money go for goodyear eagle f1's, coz these are unrivalled.
Posted By: Meesh Re: What tyres!! - 18th Feb 2005 7:46pm
Go Pirelli

I've got P6000's on and they're great laugh

heard rave reviews about the P7000's too though
Posted By: Scooby Re: What tyres!! - 19th Feb 2005 12:47am
I have ran all 3 of these tyres on my impreza now.

There all good tyres mate.

I have just fitted a brand new set of the Toyo Proxes T1-R 215/35-18 on my impreza yesterday, although there still bedding in they are great. Perform allot better than the T1-S.

I would recommend the T1-S and mine are fine in the wet, awesome in the dry thumbsup

The T1-R is one of the most powerful and stylish tyres on the market

[Linked Image]

What do you do when you make the best performing tyre in the wet?

You start again and make a better one!

That's what's happened with the new Proxes T1-R, the new, natural choice for enthusiastic drivers. The Proxes T1-R boasts a special performance compound and tread pattern which gives incredible road holding in all conditions, especially in the wet. The V-shaped grooves in the tread pump water away allowing the rubber to grip the road.

These are bounded by circumferential grooves which allow the Proxes T1-R to give you even better wet grip whilst being quieter and longer lasting as well. And, whilst practical, these design elements also makes the tyre look spectacular on any car.
The Proxes T1-R is introduced in a range of the most popular high performance sizes.
It will increasingly cover more sizes from 14" up to 20" and beyond as further sizes are added.
Proxes T1-R will gradually replace the Proxes T1-S to be the ultimate tyre for performance use.

What size are you getting and how much are you paying ?

Dont froget if your buying off the internet you have delivery, fitting, valve, wheel balance and casing disposal on to of the price typically therefore what appears to be a cheap price isnt normally that cheap by the time you have them fitted on your car.....
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: What tyres!! - 19th Feb 2005 2:25pm
thanks for all your help, my mate posted this topic for himself bout his clio and he's gone with the T1 R's on scoobys advice happy

hes a dirty manc so got them from a place in manchester for about 70quid a tyre, which isnt too bad!

cheers dudes smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral