Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 Range Rover P38A Air Suspension Help Needed - 20th Jun 2017 7:06pm
Does anyone have contact with a Range Rove P38A enthusiast who can help me.
Coming home on Saturday night with my show engine on the trailer, one of the damned "speed pillows" caught the suspension out. The rear off-side air suspension bag just popped off (It's only three months old). I had booked it into Barclays but tonight I found that the old girl is sitting on her wheel arches and can't be moved.
Anyone who can help me please, please. I used to do them myself but two operation scars prevent me from rolling on the ground. I can show what to do if needed.
Please help if you can.. I live in Moreton, I have the tools needed.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Range Rover P38A Air Suspension Help Needed - 21st Jun 2017 12:38pm
Do you have any way of jacking it up to replace the bag?
Not to worry, I've done it myself now. Just a little scared about my op scars. They have to go back into use one day soon!
It's quite simple. All you need is a 4" block of wood to put between the bump stop and the axle. The only jack needed is to lift the car by its towbar so as to drop the axle as in a normal wheel change. Easy peasy but fiddly.
Thanks for you interest any way.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral