Forums
Posted By: Purplemoon Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 1:12pm
Anyone know of a good auto locksmith?? Just been quoted 120 plus vat, surely that can't be right .. I couldn't afford that .single parent 4 kids boohoo boohoo
Might be better off asking a gang of lads to break in for me ? Night mare
Please help joyride boohoo
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 1:17pm
Normal trick on modern cars even by professionals is to break the cheapest window.

What car is it and how old is it?
Posted By: Purplemoon Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 1:19pm
Ford focus estate 2005
I was considering the window but seems a bit drastic
Posted By: petzl Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 1:55pm
This might help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJzpaz0tmw&index=43&list=FLLLXMAtmQUMIWZ51tTpNoIA
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 2:06pm
that video above is pretty easy to do, I've done similar with a wire coat hanger on a saxo and a megane
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 2:36pm
If you are a member of the AA, Green Flag or RAC I am sure they have a service for people who are locked out of their car. If you are desperate it might be worth a phone call to find out. It might even be worth the annual fee to join the cheapest one and then have them come out. I hope this helps and the best of luck with your dilemna I hope you get it sorted.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 6th Jan 2016 11:41pm
A rather dodgy individual once showed me how to get into my Renault years ago by simply pressing his hands against the driver's side window and attempting to slide the window down by jerking his hands up and down against the glass. To my mingled delight and dismay, the glass slowly moved down until he could get his hand in to unlock it.

That was before electric windows and years ago, and it might not work on modern cars but its worth a try. If you have windows that are not electric I'd have a go at them. Good luck though anyway.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 7th Jan 2016 10:17am
I'm amazed at how many people only have one key for their car.

Always get a spare made and leave it with a friend who can get it to you.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 7th Jan 2016 4:39pm
Care with the "friend" selection Gibbo
I gave a spare key to my van to the Mrs and when my main key malfunctioned (was bent) I asked her for the spare.
"In the glove box" she says
Doh!
Snod
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 7th Jan 2016 5:21pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo

Yes, I always get a spare door-only key cut, for the little it costs its pointless not too - especially with cars that are capable of locking themselves as some do!

Originally Posted by Snodvan
I gave a spare key to my van to the Mrs and when my main key malfunctioned (was bent) I asked her for the spare.
Doh!
Snod

You'd be amazed at how many of those magnetic key-holders you find carefully hidden away under the dash!!!
Posted By: casper Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 7th Jan 2016 8:07pm
Are you in the AA or RAC, my mate had the same trouble and called them out the AA guy got under the car and did something and got the door unlocked.worth a try
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 8th Jan 2016 8:40pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo

Probably the cost of a new chipped key puts them off.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 8th Jan 2016 9:07pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Probably the cost of a new chipped key puts them off.

You just buy a door-only key at around £4-£6 from most key cutters. It gets you in the car if you've locked your keys inside.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Help!! Car keys locked inside car - 9th Jan 2016 12:22pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan
Doh!
Snod

Snod, that was priceless. The missus laughed too.
laffin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral