Forums
Posted By: evo ad Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 15th Dec 2005 6:32pm
I've had my Prelude for around 4 months now and have decided to turn it into my track car instead of the Skyline.

Specs so far:

Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC 4ws
Maximum power-230bhp plus a 100bhp shot of NOS laugh
Induction kit
Megan Racing 4-2-1 racing manifold
Wizards of NOS wet kit running 100bhp shot
Drilled/grooved discs on front
Ferodo DS2500 Race pads all round
Lexus style rear lights
Clear front & side indicators
Toyo Proxy tyres

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Next mods are wheels and coilovers, but these won't be coming until at least February.
Posted By: red20 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 15th Dec 2005 6:36pm
very nice
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 15th Dec 2005 7:06pm
Like the rear lights mate happy
Posted By: SL1D3R Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 2:06am
bet that puts the wind up civic type-r's quality m8 likin it, my mates dad used to have one of these the 4 wheels steering comes in really handy for hitting round-abouts at 50! lol
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 11:21am
Yes i've had and driven loads of cars and this is by far the best handling car i've ever driven. The 4 wheel steering makes it nearly impossible to get the back end out (well i've never had it out anyway even in the ice) and the power comes in way before the Civics do. Round Elvington last year it managed to wipe the floor with a 350bhp Scooby, a Porche, an Astra rally car and could keep up with Caterhams etc and that was before the NOS was fitted laugh

I think they're really underated for what they're capable of-a real sheep in wolfs clothing.

Here's the power graph from Peco with and without the NOS. Quite an improvement with the NOS laugh laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 12:07pm
Is that power down on standard without the NOS??

And the NOS doesnt increase it by 100BHP,im confused,only just makes 50BHP

Looks lovely tho and more than enough power to scare ya
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 12:33pm
Yeah the bottle needs to be warm scoop with a bottle pressure of between 750-950psi to get the full benefit. It was about 4 degrees C on the day (only running 450psi pressure) and without a bottle heater it's not possible to get anywhere near the full power out of the jets.
Posted By: red20 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 7:30pm
how well does it feal when u are driving an the nos kicks in jus wondering as i havnt tryed mine yet
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 11th Feb 2006 8:59pm
Originally posted by red20:
how well does it feal when u are driving an the nos kicks in jus wondering as i havnt tryed mine yet
It makes an unbelievable difference even producing just over 50bhp. It's the instant torque that does it. It's a bit different on my Skyline though and doesn't make that much of a difference, just seems to reduce the turbo lag which was a disapointment. Apparently it all depends on how well each make & model of car reacts to the NOS so I was lucky with the Prelude to react so well. On some cars the ignition system isn't so good and can cause the NOS not to respond as well.
Posted By: red20 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 12th Feb 2006 12:35am
are u spraying the nos in before or after your afm i am spraying it in after the afm that can also make a diffrence
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 12th Feb 2006 11:12am
i think you best do it b4 the afm, tony did it on his metro after and it wasnt noticable then he didit b4 and it just spun lol
Posted By: spinking Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 22nd Mar 2006 6:58pm
the prelude on the trackday looked good sounded great

[Linked Image]
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 23rd Mar 2006 6:26pm
Had the NOS install ripped out from under the bonnet and re-installed with much shorter hose. The hose that came off was nearly 2ft still compared to the new hoses which are 6 inches so lots more power laugh

I've also added:

Tein Super Street Coilovers
Straight through custom built exhaust system
Strut brace
Silicon hose
EGR Valve bypassed
Graphics confused
[Linked Image]
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 2nd Apr 2006 7:25pm
Took my car to the rolling road at Peco once again on Friday for yet another rolling road session since i've had the exhaust and NOS bottle warmer fitted etc. Running just under a 1000psi bottle pressure I achieved 230bhp with 235lbs/ft torque (at the wheels eek ). This figure is 40lbs/ft and 18bhp up at the wheels from the last rolling road session at the beginning of this year so i'm pleased with that

If anyone can work out what the bhp is at the flywheel then please let me know.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 2nd Apr 2006 11:23pm
Fook! Nice one matey! happy Pretty sure webby knows the conversions so give him a shout.
Posted By: Mark Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 12:17am
Looks like there print out sheets have changed?

Its Rear Wheel Drive.

So 229.6 = 272.27 BHP @ the Fly happy

Wicked
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 8:14am
Originally posted by WebMaster:
Its Rear Wheel Drive.
It's not mate, the preludes are front wheel drive.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 9:52am
Yes it's front wheel drive mate. Dave at Peco has been having problems with the printer but said they will be going back to the original printout sheets when he can find out how to do it.
Posted By: Mark Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 11:40am
Sorry.

Front Wheel Drive

229.6 = 266.22 @ the Fly Wheel

Nice one evo smile
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 11:51am
Cheers mate thumbsup
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 12:37pm
Is that just from running more pressure?

Ie higher pressure bottle of warming the bottle to gain the pressure and being able to squirt more in?

Good gain all the same, ideal for summer when ambient temps are higher and the warmth heats the bottle a little more to compensate smile
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 3rd Apr 2006 12:57pm
I did a before and after like the Cruisewirral rolling road day. I gained 3bhp from the straight through exhaust and 7lbs/ft torque, but the rest was just from warming the bottle.

After putting the car on the rollers Dave noticed that the air intake pipe had come loose and was hanging off so the NOS wasn't squirting where it should. Maybe the results would have been higher but i'll have to wait until I do some more mods before taking it back on the rollers. If i'm brave enough i'll get it back on the rollers running a 1400psi bottle pressure in the summer.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 5th Apr 2006 5:25pm
what is the reliability on this like?

My dad had a newer shaped one, that was pretty nice to drive.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 5th Apr 2006 5:52pm
Reliability's great mate, better than anything else i've ever owned and that's even with a 100bhp shot of NOS. These engines are so strong.

I've not had any problems at all yet and i've had it for about 8 months and it's gets a good spanking.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 12th Oct 2006 3:30pm
Just updated some pics and specs since the old ones are now out of date:

286bhp @ flywheel
113bhp shot of NOS
8lb Fidanza lightened flywheel
Tein Super Street coilovers
Carbon bonnet with vent
15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 lightweight wheels with custom pearl paint
Cobra 'Monaco S' bucket seat
Sabelt 4 point harness
Rear strut brace #
Fully stripped leaving only dash and door cards (for safety).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 12th May 2007 2:29pm
Adam matey were did you get the stickers made???

You still got the skyline matey if so think i seen you in it on tesco's rnd today.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 13th May 2007 10:17am
is that 286bhp with the noz or with out
Posted By: evo ad Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 24th May 2007 3:09pm
Got the stickers from Martin at Splat Graphics and also Tony Makin. It was 286bhp with the NOS, although it's got a bit more bhp now....

The Skyline was sold over 1 month ago and now got a Honda DC5 as well as the Prelude. I'll post some pics of it up today probably.

The Preludes had some recent additions including a Race Spec 3 remap, Toyo R888 semi slicks and polycarbonate windows:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: spinking Re: Evo Ad - Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC - 24th May 2007 7:35pm
Verynice matey has it still got that very loud exhaust???
© Wirral-Wikiwirral