Forums
Posted By: lansyp x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 8:07am
hi was wondering if anybody has ever had an xtype /mondeo hot start problem with 2.0l diesel engine.have done a little reading on terraclean and was wondering if it would cure the problem it always starts first time from cold but is a bugger after a run if any body has ever tried terraclean i would be interested in your findings cheers
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 9:20am
Hi lansyp, I used to have a 2002 x-type 2.0D. My car occasionally misbehaved in a similar way. I saw an episode of Wheeler Dealers (at least I think it was) and the mechanic Ed China couldn't sell it any better so I gave it a go. It made a big difference to fuel economy, reduced smoking, improved the torque and improved starting. I think it cost around £75-£80'ish at the time and I believe I got my money back on fuel savings that year. Sadly the car was written off parked up overnight in Shrewsbury when a drunk driver ran into it.
Posted By: saltytom Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 9:37am
Sign up to the Jaguar forum www.jaguarforum.co.uk I have those guys have all the answers.
Posted By: lansyp Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 9:46am
Nhave had a look on the jaguar forum and there is a lot of possativity on the terraclean .been quoted £108 so I think I will have a go
Posted By: mrhanky Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 6:28pm
trigger spray bottle and some distilled water, be a lot cheaper.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 21st Mar 2015 10:59pm
The clean helps alleviate the hot start problem but its a software upgrade that fixes it.
Posted By: turnip Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 28th Mar 2015 6:38am
Don't know if you've already sorted this but if not there's a £10 voucher off a terra clean on O2 priority.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 31st Mar 2015 1:05pm
My review of Terraclean from 2013:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/review-terraclean-system-35010/

I don't think it will fix your hot start problem. You need a decent diagnostic to get to the bottom of it.
Posted By: lansyp Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 5th Apr 2015 5:48am
Have done a code test and the egr valve is a fault ordering a new one and going to try that .its just had the not and flew through again so will let you all know the out come .also going to take it to Hatfield's for a proper jag service see if they can find the hot start problem
Posted By: saltytom Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 5th Apr 2015 8:18am
If you don't want to pay silly jag money try Ian Barclay 365 New Chester Road CH42 1LB.
Has the full diagnostics for Jaguar.
Posted By: lansyp Re: x type diesel jaguar starting problem - 5th Apr 2015 9:26am
May just do that is he the guy that does the range rivers just by the kfc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral