Forums
Posted By: fish5133 New Exhausts - 30th Jan 2015 6:01pm
Am I just being a bit naïve going to national exhaust companies to get new exhausts. Just been quoted £178 fitted when I can get the exhaust off ebay for £60. Given it takes around half hour to fit that seems a big labour profit margin. Is it something a local garage would fit?
Posted By: Kev30x Re: New Exhausts - 30th Jan 2015 6:35pm
Fish pm Turnip mate, his dad Steve fitted an exhaust for me, very reasonable priced, straight as a die, does a great job and is really sound too.
Posted By: Salmon Re: New Exhausts - 30th Jan 2015 6:42pm
I remember fitting an exhaust myself some years back and I swore never again.Obviously depends on the car but I am pretty sure most of the bolts will be seized solid and very difficult to remove. Also depends if you are working lying under the car or if you can raise it a bit. Still £112 for labour etc seems excessive.
Posted By: conan Re: New Exhausts - 30th Jan 2015 7:16pm
Originally Posted by Kev30x
Fish pm Turnip mate, his dad Steve fitted an exhaust for me, very reasonable priced, straight as a die, does a great job and is really sound too.

Agreed,Turnip came round and fitted one for me.

Good job and quick too.
Posted By: turnip Re: New Exhausts - 30th Jan 2015 8:03pm
Thanks for the recommendations guys! Fish if you want to pm me your reg number and what it is that needs changing I can see how much I can get the exhaust for and give you a price for doing it smile
Posted By: colinj Re: New Exhausts - 4th Feb 2015 2:18pm
give Tom a ring on 07980516319, as honest as the day is long and does a fantastic job
© Wirral-Wikiwirral