Forums
Posted By: WallaseyChris After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 25th Mar 2014 3:53pm
Hi all,

First post on here so be kind.

Has anybody had any experience with Wallasey Motor Company being less than helpful once they've sold you a car?

Also, did anyone purchase a silver mini convertible from them in the last week? If so, you could really do with messaging me.

Cheers

Dodge
Posted By: Salmon Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 25th Mar 2014 4:15pm
There was a thread on here back in Sep 2013 about them.
This is the link but I can't get it to work. Perhaps if you search yourself.
It was headed "Garage Advise" (sic) by Gazlar.

Click me
Posted By: katie61 Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 25th Mar 2014 4:20pm
i had a car off them a couple of years ago and they said they put 12 months mot on it i took it to a garage and they said it would never have passed i got intouch with council over this because i felt i was being taken a fool of i wouldnt buy a car from them ever again
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 25th Mar 2014 10:41pm
not again.

go to trading standards.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 26th Mar 2014 8:36am
I wouldn't touch them with a dirty stick.

Ripped my friend off last year to the tune of £2600 with severely under pricing his car as trade in and flogging him a shed.
As mentioned above, the car he bought was supposed to have 12 month mot and 6 month warranty. Took it to a well known local test centre to be told it shouldn't be on the road.
He's currently going through court to try and get some sort of refund
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 26th Mar 2014 9:10pm
Is this the car place on seaview road?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 26th Mar 2014 11:43pm
Try googling it. Cheers
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: After Sales Service : Less than Helpful - 27th Mar 2014 11:28am
I bought a Vauxhall Zafira from there last October, thought they were very helpful. I've always found it hard to gain finance, but they helped me and passed me. Theres a common fault with these, the motor that powers the heaters, weren't working. I rang after sale and fixed problem for me.

Also, whilst the finance was going through, I had a hire car which was due to end, they lent me one of their cars on their insurance without any fee.

All in all, a great experience and would go back again.
Ditto with Shaun.

Bought a Vectra estate from them in January. Helpful guys there and quite knowledgeable about the trade.

Negotiated a nice deal with them and they accepted.

Had a small problem where the oil filler cap had broken and they supplied a new one for me for no charge.

Can't complain about them if I'm honest, even though I have heard the horror stories
Cheers guys. Sorry for the slow reply, been a hectic week - my son arrived six weeks early on friday so everythings been on hold lol.

We part exchanged my wife's mini for a fiesta (preparing for the birth) but it had a dodgy clutch and broke down. Then broke down again after they fixed it!

They gave us nothing but grief, trying to blame my wife.

Turns out they were a bit jumpy because they had already sold our mini despite it having the wrong plates on it (private plates taken off and old plates on it which they knew). Some poor sod is driving around with the wrong plates, invalid tax and debateable insurance. Tried to get them to let the other person know but they refused!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral